Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

today i got to see the evo3s from this store...it was pretty nice with the 3mm bottom...and it didn't seem to different other than the few aluminium bits and red swing shafts...but today i just got the blue ones...i also asked the store owner about the red oneway which is much more expensive than the original 98 hk for the original and 260 or so for the new one...and he said the new one was a bit better....i don't think i'll be getting the E3S but maybe i would get the 3mm chassis cuz my 2.5mm one is pretty messed up and then i can take out the bridge thingy...cuz it'll be hard enough...also wanna get my hands on some of those reinforced diff joints and the one way carbon plate...i want a blue evo! hehe...gettin near that! just need a bue shaft and maybe steering posts and bits
Old 06-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

I'm pretty sure the gearbox problem was described and acknowledged on Tamiya's Japanese web site. It had something to do with defective molding of the gearboxes.

Pity they chose not to tell the rest of the world

I'm sure the link to Japanese site is somewhere in this forum.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, would those SQUARE alum. center posts short out a battery pack? I mean, they are metal and would touch several battery jointsl.... Are they heavier than the plastic piece they replace?
Old 06-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default Surikarn Evo pre-order at Speedtech

Just an fyi, the Surikarn is available for pre-order at Speedtech for only $367. Not bad, not bad at all.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aluma
hey guys, would those SQUARE alum. center posts short out a battery pack? I mean, they are metal and would touch several battery jointsl.... Are they heavier than the plastic piece they replace?
they don't touch, i have some. i don't know how heavy they are but my evo is still under 1.5kg with them
Old 06-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kenshin,

Thanks for the mention That's right, the Surikan is available for pre-order, and it looks like it is going fast. We will do everything we can to fill our pre-order (so far we never had a problem with filling pre-orders)

And that is the correct estimated price at $367 (I had many emails and phone calls asking about the price already ) This is our best estimate according to the cost our supplier provide us.

Steve Wang
Old 06-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone used MIP CVD's on the evo 3? What is the part number for that?

Thanks in advance.

EXPLORER
Old 06-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why get MIP's when you can get SQUARE titanium shafts/bones?
Besides, I dont trust MIP anymore cuz I went through two sets of their "hard" shiny sets in my XXX-T in one race... :P
Old 06-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default New EVO III S user

Hi all, got an evo 3 Surikarn on Thursday, it's built now but I won't run until next Sunday.

During testing, I noticed whilst holding the car and at half to full throttle there is a massive amount of vibration causing the steering to jitter a lot! Is this normal on the Evo III or have I done something wrong?

Hope you can help.

Also, does anyone make a red alloy battery J2 and J3 part as I had to modify the J2 parts to make them thinner so the side by side formation batteries would fit ok.

I've read a lot on the forum of people changing to standard 64 pitch rather than using the Tamiya spurs - is this recommended?

thanks all,
Old 06-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: New EVO III S user

Keith,

Check that the CVDs are not binding and that they have freedom of movement. Also check the bearing to see if none are gritty or defective.

If it all checks out fine give it a run on the track. If it runs fine then I would not worry about it as this is a common problem with the universals that come with the Evo 3.

Originally posted by keithander
Hi all, got an evo 3 Surikarn on Thursday, it's built now but I won't run until next Sunday.

During testing, I noticed whilst holding the car and at half to full throttle there is a massive amount of vibration causing the steering to jitter a lot! Is this normal on the Evo III or have I done something wrong?

Hope you can help.

Also, does anyone make a red alloy battery J2 and J3 part as I had to modify the J2 parts to make them thinner so the side by side formation batteries would fit ok.

I've read a lot on the forum of people changing to standard 64 pitch rather than using the Tamiya spurs - is this recommended?

thanks all,
Old 06-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

The post man has just handed me my evo 3 Surikarn kit just a few minutes ago a boy does it ever look sweet. If it goes as fast as it looks everyone else may aswell go home now .

For those racers in the UK might like to know i took my 3rd win in the Torc series on sunday at broxtowe despite blowing 2 of my P2K motors and was limping round getting blasted away on the straights. Looking forward to the pionts table coming out as i had a 6 point lead before sundays race .
Old 06-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

HELLO BOR HERE can any one tell mi that
tamiya tb01 better or tL01 better pls pm and tell mi pls thank you....................
Old 06-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

HELLO BOR HERE can any one tell mi that
tamiya tb01 better or tL01 better pls pm and tell mi pls thank you....................
Old 06-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default tb01 tl01

Poolman51 - what type of racing do you do?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default evo 3 S

thanks Itchy, took everything off the servo and the jitter is coming from the servo (KO 2143). At full revs the servo starts to jitter!!

Phew, at least its not the EVO 3. Anyway, I've never had this problem before, any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.