Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks!!
Randy Caster likes this.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
It seems to be the most recent revision of motors but I haven't used anything from Arrowmax in the past.

Reedy's S+ 21.5 is pretty killer though, the local USGT guys have been liking it.
thank you i only have the money to get just one motor so it has to be good. that y i been asking so thanks
Old 03-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got a chance to drive this car and really like it!! The 7.1 seems more planted and higher speed corners! I really like Associated and all there products!
Randy Caster likes this.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spur gear

Changing out the spur gear this evening for the first time since building my TC7 last month, I had the hardest time getting the screws out of the spur gear shaft. Undoing one meant the other simply turned the shaft.. Eventually I took the bulk head off and used pliers to hold the shaft, but then even the shaft required being plied out with a flat head screwdriver. Surely this isn't the way it should be? Any tips? I did lock tight the screws, this could be part of the issue. But even still, I can't see how u doing the screws will be easy when they are counter to one another and the shaft simply turns.
For what it's worth, I've only ran it 4 times at the track.
Any advice would be appreciated.
JC3 likes this.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SGrubb
thank you i only have the money to get just one motor so it has to be good. that y i been asking so thanks

I second that. I have been running either the TSR motors or R1, but the new Reedy is a rocket. Very happy with the results so far.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
I second that. I have been running either the TSR motors or R1, but the new Reedy is a rocket. Very happy with the results so far.
looks like reedy is the one thanks
Old 03-17-2018, 01:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yess
Changing out the spur gear this evening for the first time since building my TC7 last month, I had the hardest time getting the screws out of the spur gear shaft. Undoing one meant the other simply turned the shaft.. Eventually I took the bulk head off and used pliers to hold the shaft, but then even the shaft required being plied out with a flat head screwdriver. Surely this isn't the way it should be? Any tips? I did lock tight the screws, this could be part of the issue. But even still, I can't see how u doing the screws will be easy when they are counter to one another and the shaft simply turns.
For what it's worth, I've only ran it 4 times at the track.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I think the Loctite is causing your problem, as long as the screws are properly tightened there's no need for it.

Install the center shaft on the motor mount and tighten the 3x10 screw as tight as you can. Then tighten the 3x6 FH screw. I use a 2mm wrench in either side at this point, one to lock down the 3x10 screw while the other makes sure the assembly doesn't spin. When you go to disassemble, simply loosen and remove the 3x6 screw and apply some pressure to the end of the shaft with your thumb and loosen the 3x10.

It might not be this easy until you've worn off all the Loctite. This is where I use it on my cars.

Blue Loctite
4 small spool pulley screws
2 3x10 BH screws on steering rack

Red Loctite
Front spool outdrives
Edwin Pibal and Yess like this.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:19 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Would the Reedy Blackbox 1000Z+ ESC be a decent compliment to the S+ 21.5 motor? (I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.)

Doesn't make sense to buy that sweet motor if the ESC won't help it. I'm trying to make smart choices but stay mindful of budget.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
Would the Reedy Blackbox 1000Z+ ESC be a decent compliment to the S+ 21.5 motor? (I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.)

Doesn't make sense to buy that sweet motor if the ESC won't help it. I'm trying to make smart choices but stay mindful of budget.

Thanks!
It’s a good ESC but the on/off button is prone to failure. I would get the Hobbywing XR Pro just stock.
beyondthepack likes this.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:22 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by team green
It’s a good ESC but the on/off button is prone to failure. I would get the Hobbywing XR Pro just stock.
Glad I asked. This is the second time I've looked at buying an AE ESC but due to reliability issues it's been a no go. I'm cool with the Hobbywing as an alternative, plus I like the fact that it has the 7.4v output for the servo. So, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by JC3; 03-17-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 03-18-2018, 07:19 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Finally tore into the used 7.1 that I bought. I hate following up on other peoples work. This guy used loctite where none was called for which is irritating as hell. Bearings in both front hubs are shot and the front DVC stub axle flanges have been pounded off.

I'll rebuild everything, put it back together with some new parts including the graphite chassis and 1UP steering posts, put it all back to the kit setup, and then start doing the work of figuring out what class to run the thing in. I was planning on USGT but found out today that it's a very small class in my club right now. We'll see.
Randy Caster likes this.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team green
Originally Posted by JC3
Glad I asked. This is the second time I've looked at buying an AE ESC but due to reliability issues it's been a no go. I'm cool with the Hobbywing as an alternative, plus I like the fact that it has the 7.4v output for the servo. So, thanks for the feedback!
It was an issue on the first few runs of the 1000z but was fixed over a year ago.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:31 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
It was an issue on the first few runs of the 1000z but was fixed over a year ago.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 04:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default USGT Help

Hoping to get a little USGT setup help. I have been running 25.5TC for the past 5 months and run about 4 races in 21.5TC. We are switching over to USGT. Had about 1.5 hours of practice last weekend after our race to start getting used to USGT tires and how the car will react. I am really struggling to get the car to turn in without having to slow the car way down. I attached my current set up. I tried Xray 2.6, 2.7, 2.5-2.8 front springs with no real help. Im really looking for some set up changes that help turn-in steering. My only next thoughts was to try #3 front shock position or 40wt front shock oil. Figured i would try here over the USGT thread since you guys drive TC7.1.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
03.18.18_USGT Set Up.pdf (877.1 KB, 77 views)
Old 03-20-2018, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3

Thanks!
I have only talked to the guys about the 510R, and they seem to really like it, may be a landing spot for me next year if LRP doesn't come back.

The Hobby Wing is a great choice as most racers (at least at my track) are using their product = shared set-ups. From what I understand, they have a good track record.

If you do end up going with Reedy, I will say that the customer service has been outstanding. Of I every had a question, or something that had to be checked or returned, they were very accommodating.

Hope this helps
JC3 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.