Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Like Tree341Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Reply

Old 12-13-2015, 05:30 AM
  #61  
jpx
Tech Adept
 
jpx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
we working on it, locally regionally and nationally...and even worldwide.
+1

Originally Posted by wtcc
It is really hard to judge the performance of a chassis by a race position.
The best way is always to experience it yourself (also the most expensive and difficult way). With my converted 6.2 I was very fast, to my surprise I could go two tenth faster with my T4. Both cars were in perfect shape and had a very good setup for the track. Today one of our top german drivers showed up with an A800 and was instantly 1-2 tenth faster than with his T4. So this is maybe the best car around. And were is it in the ETS sheets?! Tenth
+1

Originally Posted by mschumi101
That said the times are staggeringly close and there is a lot of depth. Hebert's best run was only about 8 seconds off of the top times, and his fast laps are about .2-.4 off of Rheinart and Volker. The top 10 is spread by only about 5 seconds, meaning one mistake or some laps with a little traffic could cost a top run. So I would say Kevin is doing a great job as a non-regular over there.
jpx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:21 AM
  #62  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springfield OHIO
Posts: 570
Default

Damn it man I so want to come back to tc racing
racer034life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:54 AM
  #63  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (54)
 
Castradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianna
Posts: 894
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Damn it man I so want to come back to tc racing
DO IT!!
Castradamus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:16 AM
  #64  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yeah man! You could do both, riding your bike and RC!
wtcc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:35 AM
  #65  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

There are many ways to setup a car, even the the wing of a body is very important to tune... My second race today this year, (did a lot of kitesurfing this spring and summer) made it to te A final, 11.909 was my fastest lap and 12.334 sec my best average, finished 5 overall, winner has 11.6 fastest and 12.05 average with the tamiya 419, so the tc6.2 with stock arms, rsd shocks configuration, is not so bad, if you see there are a lot of xray 's '16. If the tc7 is a little bit better than the tc6.2, I'm sure it will be a winner for me, and more training of course. I' m proud that I the only asso Tc driver in my region, it gives me a good feeling if they say around the track ' look who' s that Asso is going around like he 's driving on rails.. 'looks so fast in the chiccane. On that moment I have sparks in my eyes ��. I' m the outsider, 'the lone Wolf' with my AE TC6.2, and I can count on him. I edmit I'm a Asso addict lol. I would be even more proud if the new car is made to make a winner, not to be in the shadow of other top brands. Design to win, not to follow... Okey sorry I'm in the flow of a good raceday...

Last edited by Svendc; 12-13-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:45 AM
  #66  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (54)
 
Castradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianna
Posts: 894
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Svendc View Post
Design to win, not to follow...
AE needs to pay you for that!!!

If they stamp that on the box I will buy it just for the slogan
Castradamus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:18 PM
  #67  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Default

Tkx, A good RC racing day, brings the best out of us
;-). So when we can buy this fast little shiny flensie blue lightning that lissens to the name TC7?
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:30 PM
  #68  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,741
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
I believe Associated has been owned by Thunder Tiger for awhile now. They might have some designers in the states but it is a Taiwanese company. I am not aware that any of their on-road cars are made in the USA. Would be nice if they were.
From what I understand the graphite is cut in the USA...or it was in the recent past
robk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:15 PM
  #69  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,074
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk View Post
From what I understand the graphite is cut in the USA...or it was in the recent past
That is better than nothing. Good on Associated if they are able to keep some of it domestic.

Hope the TC7 is a winner.
Chaz955i is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:19 PM
  #70  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,586
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I know exactly how you feel...I get these same comments when I improve my tc4.2 everytime I come out to race... I got to try to make the trip to Middletown NY for some serious action.....
Originally Posted by Svendc View Post
There are many ways to setup a car, even the the wing of a body is very important to tune... My second race today this year, (did a lot of kitesurfing this spring and summer) made it to te A final, 11.909 was my fastest lap and 12.334 sec my best average, finished 5 overall, winner has 11.6 fastest and 12.05 average with the tamiya 419, so the tc6.2 with stock arms, rsd shocks configuration, is not so bad, if you see there are a lot of xray 's '16. If the tc7 is a little bit better than the tc6.2, I'm sure it will be a winner for me, and more training of course. I' m proud that I the only asso Tc driver in my region, it gives me a good feeling if they say around the track ' look who' s that Asso is going around like he 's driving on rails.. 'looks so fast in the chiccane. On that moment I have sparks in my eyes ��. I' m the outsider, 'the lone Wolf' with my AE TC6.2, and I can count on him. I edmit I'm a Asso addict lol. I would be even more proud if the new car is made to make a winner, not to be in the shadow of other top brands. Design to win, not to follow... Okey sorry I'm in the flow of a good raceday...
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 PM
  #71  
Tech Adept
 
Svendc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 134
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I know exactly how you feel...I get these same comments when I improve my tc4.2 everytime I come out to race... I got to try to make the trip to Middletown NY for some serious action.....
good luck
Svendc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:53 PM
  #72  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk View Post
From what I understand the graphite is cut in the USA...or it was in the recent past
Shock towers were cut in Houston Tx.
Jorge T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 AM
  #73  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springfield OHIO
Posts: 570
Default

So this car doesn't have the issues of the 6.2! I would like to see one run before i buy. I sold my zx14 and came back to rc racing full time and save a little money.
racer034life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:32 AM
  #74  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Default

Keven Herbert with the TC7 at the ETS:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
andy3000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:34 AM
  #75  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Default

Keven Herbert with the TC7 at the ETS:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR7EKCt7HI
andy3000 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service