Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Roche Rapide F1-2016

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I need to add a few more things to the pivot ball assembly sticking issue.

Slide a M3 wrench shaft through the pivot ball of the bushing and pivot ball assembly (you could use the king pin as well it's just easier with a wrench). Using a pair of pliers or something else you prefer. Hold the pivot ball bushing by the part that fits into the carbon arm. Squeeze with a fair amount of pressure and move the pivot ball around with the M3 wrench. Move the pliers to a new location of the pivot ball bushing. Repeat this until you've gone all the way around the pivot ball bushing, about 5 different locations.

This will loosen up the plastic and pivot assembly. When placed in the carbon arm after reaming the bushing hole in the arm a little, you should have a free moving arm.

No need to glue the bushing in the carbon arm if you're using the rubber o-ring to hold the bushing assembly into place.

Hope this makes sense. It's hard to describe.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Took a break from my self imposed retirement this weekend to do the f1 thing with some old friends.
Aside from having to deal with knocking the rust off...another thing I was worried about was the track (nice crc black carpet on a subfloor). I had no idea what to expect as my car had a setup for well abused crc grey rug on it.
1st few laps I had a bit too much steering. Decided heavy front springs were a quick fix. Popped in some tamiya blacks and had another go.

Car was super dialed all night...brand new crc rubber tires.. no glue needed! Had good steering and no pod lift at all.
Grabbed tq with some room to spare.
I forgot how much fun this car is to drive. Makes a sloppy driver look good.
Was shocked that my old rug setup worked with only a spring swap. Looking fwd to get out some more with this car.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I need to add a few more things to the pivot ball assembly sticking issue.

Slide a M3 wrench shaft through the pivot ball of the bushing and pivot ball assembly (you could use the king pin as well it's just easier with a wrench). Using a pair of pliers or something else you prefer. Hold the pivot ball bushing by the part that fits into the carbon arm. Squeeze with a fair amount of pressure and move the pivot ball around with the M3 wrench. Move the pliers to a new location of the pivot ball bushing. Repeat this until you've gone all the way around the pivot ball bushing, about 5 different locations.

This will loosen up the plastic and pivot assembly. When placed in the carbon arm after reaming the bushing hole in the arm a little, you should have a free moving arm.

No need to glue the bushing in the carbon arm if you're using the rubber o-ring to hold the bushing assembly into place.

Hope this makes sense. It's hard to describe.
Perfect and thanks for sharing.

I went through this and recommend anyone building/running this car do the same. The arm and kingpin movement is 10x smoother. With the king pin out and steering block off the upper arm should just drop on it's on if you lift it up. Without doing what Kyle's dad describes the arm will not move as free.

Thanks again!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
The height of pan car front springs is of little importance as the collapse constantly....

That is until they stop collapsing ... And become perfect..
I have found the xenon front springs to be very good many runs on them and still measures within .1 mm I believe they are 6.5mm long
Old 01-03-2017, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx
I have found the xenon front springs to be very good many runs on them and still measures within .1 mm I believe they are 6.5mm long
Ride front spings are also great. You can give a try to Red/Yellow/White
Old 01-03-2017, 07:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

alloy chassis and pod plates arrived at RocheRCUSA
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Waiting for Roche USA to get more, sold my Exotech F1R3 and now anxiously waiting. Any clue of when?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Whenever they ship from HK. Been told mid-month... But until they do, who knows...
Old 01-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Unbelievable that they can't give a date of when they are shipping. Almost like they are afraid of Mr Trump and his new policies. Oh well I will continue to to wait.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Grumpybrat
Unbelievable that they can't give a date of when they are shipping. Almost like they are afraid of Mr Trump and his new policies. Oh well I will continue to to wait.
People can always give a date... But if it isn't delivered upon.. what is the point.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

You are absolutely right.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Brent has the F1 on the way, thanks to him an Mike. I am stoked to get and have a top of the line car.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

How are everyone's Roche F1 running...

Looking for more offpower turn in..

6* caster
2* camber
4.5mm ride height
Tamiya silver front springs
AE silver rear side springs
Stock.shock spring
Sideways pack

Was debating going back to Kyle's setup and try 9-12 caster with lower camber.

black CRC carpet...11 sec lap time down to 10.4 for fastest guy.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
How are everyone's Roche F1 running...

Looking for more offpower turn in..

6* caster
2* camber
4.5mm ride height
Tamiya silver front springs
AE silver rear side springs
Stock.shock spring
Sideways pack

Was debating going back to Kyle's setup and try 9-12 caster with lower camber.

black CRC carpet...11 sec lap time down to 10.4 for fastest guy.
Sounds like a good start. I'm running 9° caster and 1° camber with pit 571 fronts 575 rears, ackermann @ 5 maxed out, short front standoffs, 7k side damper oil, stock soft springs front/side, 35wt shock oil with stock damper and spring and 4mm spacer on rear damper mount. Also have front tire sidewalls glued inner and outer and rear outer sidewalls glued up. We have black crc carpet also.
Fast guy is 9.8s and I'm @ 10.0 but I'm also incredibly mediocre which is why I love this chassis. It's so forgiving and easy to drive it makes me competitive.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

More rear droop?
How much are you running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.