Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Team TC4 on a roll!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Factory Team TC4 on a roll!

Looks as if the FTTC4 is finally standing up to the mindless belted hordes.

First it won The Reedy.

Then a dry spell.

Next it won Modified Foam at the Halloween Classic...

Now a TQ and Win at the 7th Annual Hitec Race! (Rubber outdoor)

"The 7th Annual Hitec Race was once again held at the Hitec facility in Poway, California. This event brings out contestants from all over the southern west coast. This year Hitec filled up a full 23 heats worth of drivers.

In Factory Modified, Barry Baker TQ’ed the hotly contested class with the new Factory Team TC4. In the main, he lead from the start and ran away with the race by almost 1 lap! Also making the main were Bob Stellflue (FT TC4), Tony Phalen (Team TC4), and Chad Miller (Team TC4)."

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...ort2005.14.htm

It's just nice to see a good car and hard-working driver win every now and again.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Tech Rookie

would you like to buy or trade my !!VINTAGE TEAM LOSI XX-CR!! please reply asap with your offer
Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smoby2404
would you like to buy or trade my !!VINTAGE TEAM LOSI XX-CR!! please reply asap with your offer

WTF?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

yeah but who was he up against? Do you have a list of the other drivers who competed? Thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hahaha, it's great to hear that 1 shaft car is performing good but i am staying with belt drive cars i like outdoor asphalt so the hb cyclone is good for me.

greetings hollowman
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It is nice to see the TC4 win a few races. It is a nice car. At one time the shaft craze was huge and everyone was on making a shaft car to copy the TC3. Now everyone is on the belt car craze and copying the 415. Associated chose not to jump on the belt band wagon and stayed witht he shaft car. Kinda like Losi staying out of the box with their belt.

Competition is tougher than ever and with all the new touring cars coming out wins are harder to come by. Wins for Associated are harder to come by as well mainly because they don't have alot of Factory drivers and if you go to a race Xray has probably the most cars out ala the TC3 when it came out so you see more of them on top. Yoke is kinda in the same boat as they two great cars in shaft and belt but without many guys running them they don't see them in the front as much and for argue sake you can kinda say that about Schumacher as well.

The top 3 winning cars right now in my opinion are the 415, RDX, and Xray with the Hot Bodies up and coming. Still the TC4, MI2, JRXS, and Yoke BD, are top cars. If you look at that likst that 7 top cars with even putting the Yoke SD, Tamiya EVO IV, and HPI Pro 4. Now thats 10 cars. Touring is so great because we have so many choices.!!!!!!!

Brian
Old 11-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
It is nice to see the TC4 win a few races. It is a nice car. At one time the shaft craze was huge and everyone was on making a shaft car to copy the TC3. Now everyone is on the belt car craze and copying the 415. Associated chose not to jump on the belt band wagon and stayed witht he shaft car. Kinda like Losi staying out of the box with their belt.

Competition is tougher than ever and with all the new touring cars coming out wins are harder to come by. Wins for Associated are harder to come by as well mainly because they don't have alot of Factory drivers and if you go to a race Xray has probably the most cars out ala the TC3 when it came out so you see more of them on top. Yoke is kinda in the same boat as they two great cars in shaft and belt but without many guys running them they don't see them in the front as much and for argue sake you can kinda say that about Schumacher as well.

The top 3 winning cars right now in my opinion are the 415, RDX, and Xray with the Hot Bodies up and coming. Still the TC4, MI2, JRXS, and Yoke BD, are top cars. If you look at that likst that 7 top cars with even putting the Yoke SD, Tamiya EVO IV, and HPI Pro 4. Now thats 10 cars. Touring is so great because we have so many choices.!!!!!!!

Brian

Thats what I'm talking about!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Stay tuned ther are more wins on the way!!!

Originally Posted by Soviet
Looks as if the FTTC4 is finally standing up to the mindless belted hordes.

First it won The Reedy.

Then a dry spell.

Next it won Modified Foam at the Halloween Classic...

Now a TQ and Win at the 7th Annual Hitec Race! (Rubber outdoor)

"The 7th Annual Hitec Race was once again held at the Hitec facility in Poway, California. This event brings out contestants from all over the southern west coast. This year Hitec filled up a full 23 heats worth of drivers.

In Factory Modified, Barry Baker TQ’ed the hotly contested class with the new Factory Team TC4. In the main, he lead from the start and ran away with the race by almost 1 lap! Also making the main were Bob Stellflue (FT TC4), Tony Phalen (Team TC4), and Chad Miller (Team TC4)."

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...ort2005.14.htm

It's just nice to see a good car and hard-working driver win every now and again.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

asc.'s setups weren't working can someone post the setups from walt and barry from the IIC.
thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Congrats Baker,it is nice to see something else win several good cars and choices anf the FTTc4 is one of those
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's not clear how "hotly contested" and "won by almost a lap" go together.

Either way, good to see the Associated guys driving a car that doesn't get in their way. Seems like the original TC4 was holding them back, somewhat.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default drivers

As stated above, I think that the reason for the struggle of the higher end cars, is lack of drivers. Its not like off-road where it seems there are only two highly contested companys is most classes...In TC there are as we see many high end cars that could on any given day go and win a race. Congrats Barry
Old 11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by runnin rc10
As stated above, I think that the reason for the struggle of the higher end cars, is lack of drivers. Its not like off-road where it seems there are only two highly contested companys is most classes...In TC there are as we see many high end cars that could on any given day go and win a race. Congrats Barry
Yes another good point. I remember not too long ago when the TC3 won everything for years and people where tired of seeing it win all the time. I was tired of seeing it win all time. Guys use to say if you want to win buy a TC3 but now in my area at least they say that same thing but is you need an Xray.

Still have to like touring cars as we as racers have so many choices or top notch cars. That is what makes touring cars so much fun because you see guys with with so many brands or when you look at an A main you somtimes see 4 to 6 brands of cars in the A. What more could one want other than a little bit cheaper!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

cheaper would be good lol
i think its still early for the fttc4 every body will soon realize how good of a car it can be once carpet season offically get into full swing
i know they have run some big races already but theres still alot left

just my 2cents

go associated
Old 11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

I suppose on my part it boils down to a little bit of flag-waving.

Team America!!! ... FU*K YEAH!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.