R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Factory Team TC4 on a roll!

Looks as if the FTTC4 is finally standing up to the mindless belted hordes.

First it won The Reedy.

Then a dry spell.

Next it won Modified Foam at the Halloween Classic...

Now a TQ and Win at the 7th Annual Hitec Race! (Rubber outdoor)


"The 7th Annual Hitec Race was once again held at the Hitec facility in Poway, California. This event brings out contestants from all over the southern west coast. This year Hitec filled up a full 23 heats worth of drivers.

In Factory Modified, Barry Baker TQed the hotly contested class with the new Factory Team TC4. In the main, he lead from the start and ran away with the race by almost 1 lap! Also making the main were Bob Stellflue (FT TC4), Tony Phalen (Team TC4), and Chad Miller (Team TC4)."

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...ort2005.14.htm



It's just nice to see a good car and hard-working driver win every now and again.
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:49 AM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17
Default

would you like to buy or trade my !!VINTAGE TEAM LOSI XX-CR!! please reply asap with your offer
smoby2404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoby2404
would you like to buy or trade my !!VINTAGE TEAM LOSI XX-CR!! please reply asap with your offer

WTF?
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:04 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Fatboy Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coming soooooon
Posts: 1,052
Default

yeah but who was he up against? Do you have a list of the other drivers who competed? Thanks
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:16 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Hollowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Holland,Rotterdam
Posts: 127
Send a message via MSN to Hollowman
Default

Hahaha, it's great to hear that 1 shaft car is performing good but i am staying with belt drive cars i like outdoor asphalt so the hb cyclone is good for me.

greetings hollowman
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 AM   #6
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

It is nice to see the TC4 win a few races. It is a nice car. At one time the shaft craze was huge and everyone was on making a shaft car to copy the TC3. Now everyone is on the belt car craze and copying the 415. Associated chose not to jump on the belt band wagon and stayed witht he shaft car. Kinda like Losi staying out of the box with their belt.

Competition is tougher than ever and with all the new touring cars coming out wins are harder to come by. Wins for Associated are harder to come by as well mainly because they don't have alot of Factory drivers and if you go to a race Xray has probably the most cars out ala the TC3 when it came out so you see more of them on top. Yoke is kinda in the same boat as they two great cars in shaft and belt but without many guys running them they don't see them in the front as much and for argue sake you can kinda say that about Schumacher as well.

The top 3 winning cars right now in my opinion are the 415, RDX, and Xray with the Hot Bodies up and coming. Still the TC4, MI2, JRXS, and Yoke BD, are top cars. If you look at that likst that 7 top cars with even putting the Yoke SD, Tamiya EVO IV, and HPI Pro 4. Now thats 10 cars. Touring is so great because we have so many choices.!!!!!!!

Brian
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
It is nice to see the TC4 win a few races. It is a nice car. At one time the shaft craze was huge and everyone was on making a shaft car to copy the TC3. Now everyone is on the belt car craze and copying the 415. Associated chose not to jump on the belt band wagon and stayed witht he shaft car. Kinda like Losi staying out of the box with their belt.

Competition is tougher than ever and with all the new touring cars coming out wins are harder to come by. Wins for Associated are harder to come by as well mainly because they don't have alot of Factory drivers and if you go to a race Xray has probably the most cars out ala the TC3 when it came out so you see more of them on top. Yoke is kinda in the same boat as they two great cars in shaft and belt but without many guys running them they don't see them in the front as much and for argue sake you can kinda say that about Schumacher as well.

The top 3 winning cars right now in my opinion are the 415, RDX, and Xray with the Hot Bodies up and coming. Still the TC4, MI2, JRXS, and Yoke BD, are top cars. If you look at that likst that 7 top cars with even putting the Yoke SD, Tamiya EVO IV, and HPI Pro 4. Now thats 10 cars. Touring is so great because we have so many choices.!!!!!!!

Brian

Thats what I'm talking about!
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 301
Default

Stay tuned ther are more wins on the way!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Looks as if the FTTC4 is finally standing up to the mindless belted hordes.

First it won The Reedy.

Then a dry spell.

Next it won Modified Foam at the Halloween Classic...

Now a TQ and Win at the 7th Annual Hitec Race! (Rubber outdoor)


"The 7th Annual Hitec Race was once again held at the Hitec facility in Poway, California. This event brings out contestants from all over the southern west coast. This year Hitec filled up a full 23 heats worth of drivers.

In Factory Modified, Barry Baker TQ’ed the hotly contested class with the new Factory Team TC4. In the main, he lead from the start and ran away with the race by almost 1 lap! Also making the main were Bob Stellflue (FT TC4), Tony Phalen (Team TC4), and Chad Miller (Team TC4)."

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...ort2005.14.htm



It's just nice to see a good car and hard-working driver win every now and again.
walterhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #9
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 4
Send a message via Yahoo to Pit B.
Default

asc.'s setups weren't working can someone post the setups from walt and barry from the IIC.
thanks
Pit B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,963
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Congrats Baker,it is nice to see something else win several good cars and choices anf the FTTc4 is one of those
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #11
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

It's not clear how "hotly contested" and "won by almost a lap" go together.

Either way, good to see the Associated guys driving a car that doesn't get in their way. Seems like the original TC4 was holding them back, somewhat.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #12
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default drivers

As stated above, I think that the reason for the struggle of the higher end cars, is lack of drivers. Its not like off-road where it seems there are only two highly contested companys is most classes...In TC there are as we see many high end cars that could on any given day go and win a race. Congrats Barry
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #13
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
As stated above, I think that the reason for the struggle of the higher end cars, is lack of drivers. Its not like off-road where it seems there are only two highly contested companys is most classes...In TC there are as we see many high end cars that could on any given day go and win a race. Congrats Barry
Yes another good point. I remember not too long ago when the TC3 won everything for years and people where tired of seeing it win all the time. I was tired of seeing it win all time. Guys use to say if you want to win buy a TC3 but now in my area at least they say that same thing but is you need an Xray.

Still have to like touring cars as we as racers have so many choices or top notch cars. That is what makes touring cars so much fun because you see guys with with so many brands or when you look at an A main you somtimes see 4 to 6 brands of cars in the A. What more could one want other than a little bit cheaper!!!!!!!
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
formerpro4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: marietta oh
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

cheaper would be good lol
i think its still early for the fttc4 every body will soon realize how good of a car it can be once carpet season offically get into full swing
i know they have run some big races already but theres still alot left

just my 2cents

go associated
__________________
--The Secret Squirrel--
formerpro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I suppose on my part it boils down to a little bit of flag-waving.

Team America!!! ... FU*K YEAH!!!!
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Factory Team NTC3 with Sirio Evo 2 World Champ Engine, K Factory, MX3-S Radio.. R3VoLuTiOn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 09-23-2006 08:37 AM
Team Tamale roll center braces xray racer Electric On-Road 0 09-11-2006 07:13 AM
Team Paradigm Offroad Championships roll call schmelme Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 23 12-05-2005 06:38 AM
factory team rc10t4 and factory team rc18t for sale Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 28 05-26-2005 05:42 AM
Monster GT Roll Cage or Roll Bar complete or Plans? mjm R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 03-18-2005 05:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net