Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by junior1178
Dumper,

I see you encourage smaller tracks to use 21.5. What about larger tracks using 13.5?

What if any are the problems with running 13.5?

Thanks,

Jose
We tested with 13.5 and it was fine. A little harder to drive. In the future we see there being two classes, a 13.5 and a 17.5. We did not want to roll out 2 classes to start with. If you are on a bigger track and the guys want to run 13.5, then do it! We just wanted to get things going at first and then look at splitting it up.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
We tested with 13.5 and it was fine. A little harder to drive. In the future we see there being two classes, a 13.5 and a 17.5. We did not want to roll out 2 classes to start with. If you are on a bigger track and the guys want to run 13.5, then do it! We just wanted to get things going at first and then look at splitting it up.
awesome.. thanks for the quick feedback.. we currently have a large track (176x76) and 17.5 has been slow for 1/12.. But next year we are going black and white with rules because of all the complaining and tracks having different rules..
Old 09-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

The A-main grid of World GT-R last night at CRC Raceway had to be the coolest thing I've seen in on-road racing in a long time. 7 cars lined up for the main and not 2 bodies were the same. Pretty bad a$$!

can't wait to get mine built for next week.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
The A-main grid of World GT-R last night at CRC Raceway had to be the coolest thing I've seen in on-road racing in a long time. 7 cars lined up for the main and not 2 bodies were the same. Pretty bad a$$!

can't wait to get mine built for next week.
I'll 2nd this. There were 20 GT-R cars last night on 1st club race (non points). Pretty awesome showing for a new class.
The new CRC rubber tires work awesome. CRC FastrackII has unbelievable grip too. As John mentioned, many different bodies out there, vintage Camaro's, Javelins and Firebirds as well as newer Porsche, Nissan's and Toyota's. Very cool indeed
Old 09-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Johnny/hi speed, do you guys have any pics?? I'm going this class week kick off at my track. Want to be able to show the guys some pics.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

a few pics here, https://www.facebook.com/World-GT-R-...meline/?ref=hl

Last edited by LOW ET; 09-26-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Johnny/hi speed, do you guys have any pics?? I'm going this class week kick off at my track. Want to be able to show the guys some pics.
Gary Acey was shooting some live racing action video Thursday night. Watch the CRC Raceway Facebook page, should see something soon.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a few pics of my new CRC GenX SE w/ 78 Trans Am body (not 100% done)

Old 09-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does the front bumper have to be trimmed to clear the front tires, at full steering travel?

Last edited by Fastforward; 09-28-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default CRC rubber tires

Wait, how are you supposed to achieve the GT style mounting of the new CRC tires on the rims? Am I really supposed to just cut a perfect circle of material off the inside lip somehow? Before I go trashing a new set of tires, what is the technic to do this?
Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hydro18679
Wait, how are you supposed to achieve the GT style mounting of the new CRC tires on the rims? Am I really supposed to just cut a perfect circle of material off the inside lip somehow? Before I go trashing a new set of tires, what is the technic to do this?
you mount the tires backwards. short side wall on the outside. the only reason for trimming is so you don't run into any clearance issues on the steering blocks on the inside. since this trimmed edge will be on the inside, it will hardly be noticeable.

it is only for a lower profile look for the gt cars, and is not necessary if you choose to mount them the normal way. It's just for another level of scale appearance. handling will be exactly the same.

John
Old 09-29-2015, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hydro18679
The tire gets mounted backwards (The molded CRC to the inside). The easiest way I have found is to take the tires off of the rim, pull out the insert, turn the tire inside out, and trim the lip off with a pair of body scissors. It does not have to be perfect as the cut side will be on the inside. The only reason for cutting is for clearance issues. As has been posted, there is no performance difference, between the two mounting methods, it is purely looks. You can just mount them normally and never know the difference on the track.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

OK that makes a bit more sense. Thank you for the tips. I was wondering how the press photos had such nice clean lines on the GT style mount...
Old 09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone discussed ride height adjustments to pan car kits when adjusting to the crc rt1 tire / gtr wheel combo? i measured and compare the rt1/gtr combo at 62mm compared to spec foam (bsr?) tires that are normally (?) trimmed down to around 52mm. I guess my question is are those who are already running the new crc rt1/gtr combo setting up at a higher clearance due to adjustment issues?
I run a xray x10 2015, current adjusted to using 2.5 rear pod inserts and using tons of shims on the front end. My front end is sitting at 6.5mm and the rear is sitting at 7mm loaded up with full electrics and gear. To my knowledge there are no more adjustment options on the rear end and im searching for 16mm long hex screws so to be able to add more shims if necessary under the graphite arm mount plate.
I would post this question and dialogue on the xray forum page but ill be retired and out of the hobby before they ever come around to reply to their own forum.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I have that feeling...

These tires, by themselves, might really give a much needed injection of hope for on-road in the States.

Around the Midwest, it just doesn't have the following it used to.

However;

1. Simple, economical pan car chassis. (give a new driver a 4WD sedan)
2. Affordable electronics.
3. Insane selection of bodies. (wedges? c'mon, we can do better than that)
4. Rubber tires? No truing, no constant ride height adjustment?

What box isn't checked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.