Search
Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
jeff I race at 386 in Daytona and I'll be glad yo help you. The CRC SE is easy to get woring in this class and is the best kit. When the new kits come out I'll have one. Body wise there are many to choose from. Some work better than others.
I was there this past Sunday!! I drove the white touring car in 25.5

Hey Ill be looking to you for help , maybe we can build it at the track lol. I know NOTHING about pan cars.but the bodies and tires looked so cool going around the track especially that Corvette.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Hi David in Indianapolis-
Just wanted to check with you. We have not shipped any of the New #311-LeMans C6 bodies to Hobby Town Indy yet. You might be mixing it up with another body????
Old 05-24-2016, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

jeff I race at 386 in Daytona and I'll be glad yo help you. The CRC SE is easy to get woring in this class and is the best kit. When the new kits come out I'll have one. Body wise there are many to choose from. Some work better than others.
Best kit is fairly objective. They're all fast and easy to get up to speed. We have VBCs running at the front and SpeedMerchant WGT-Four R winning the last 4 weeks running. The SM is the first one specifically designed for rubber tires until the CRC hits the market. My old CRC is currently one of the faster cars, but the driver hasn't won yet. The key is to get them on the track regardless of who won last week. Paint those bodies up and have fun.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you
Old 05-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jeff you were up front and I'm always in the back soon as you come in to back door. You will need some 1.5mm spacers (8) and 8 longer screws . Tires I think Superior has some unmounted- I can mount them for you. Body wise the protoform PF10 or Camaro Z28, HPI Porsche GT1 or C6 vette or Nissan Sylvia and the new McAllister C6 vette *(trying out this weekend) these are the most popular bodies.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Bullfrog.

I'm looking at some used kits, some built some partially. I definitely look fwd to being part of this class, even if I finish last the few races haha
Old 05-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
Hi David in Indianapolis-
Just wanted to check with you. We have not shipped any of the New #311-LeMans C6 bodies to Hobby Town Indy yet. You might be mixing it up with another body????
Oh, your right. Sorry.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Thanks Bullfrog.

I'm looking at some used kits, some built some partially. I definitely look fwd to being part of this class, even if I finish last the few races haha
Jeff,

After watching you run 25.5 and seeing the improvement over the day, (did I hear it was your first time running on-road?). You'll be competitive in no time. Its a fun class where you have to drive the car. I used too also run the foam tire class, but left it because the cars had too much traction and we're just point and shoot.

Bullfrog is right. Walk through that door to the back room and there are 3 of us sitting right there that run GT-R.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome thank you,

Yes it was my first time LOL. I need to secure my battery better, I actually think I could have been in the top 5 LOL
Old 05-29-2016, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not really WGT-R specific, but wanted to pass along some info on the CRC Rubber Tires and Oval Racing.

My buddy Steve ran his CRC WGT chassis car this weekend on the high banked contrete tri-oval in Bakersfield CA this weekend w/ the WGT-R tires (and a NASTRUCK Oval Body) testing for possible "spec" rules and tires to help revive oval pan car racing in this area.

The track generally runs the BSR Capped Tires, but the old concrete has enough grip that FOAM tires can be made to work as well.

The WGT-R tires provided really good traction, and appeared to virtually show no signs of wear after several practice runs, qualifying and main event.

Next month we're going to try them on the SUPER fast ENCINO VELODROME and see how they hold up.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Well I finally got my WGT-R working like should be. Changed the car to 10 degree blocks!e I also tried the new McAllister C6 vette with a minor adjustment so it would not touch the carpet, it ran great. I also had my HPI C6 vette but left it in the pits and let a fellow driver use it in one of my qualifiers. It was fun having the other drivers wondering if it was me or the other guy( My paint scheme is very different than most).
Old 05-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I finally got my WGT-R working like should be. Changed the car to 10 degree blocks!e I also tried the new McAllister C6 vette with a minor adjustment so it would not touch the carpet, it ran great. I also had my HPI C6 vette but left it in the pits and let a fellow driver use it in one of my qualifiers. It was fun having the other drivers wondering if it was me or the other guy( My paint scheme is very different than most).
Your car was running good BullFrog - especially in the main. the new body and the other changes you made have definitely picked up the pace!

With the 10 degree blocks, were your spacers all forward?

The C6 vette by McAllister not only worked well, but was sharp looking in person as well.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now we need Dumper to update the body list to include the new Vette.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

McAllister sent Dumper the body to approve it for the list. I'm running mine and have another coming. Maybe I'll be able to run that one in GT17.5 Racing at the Bash this weekend?
Scott as for the set-up on the spacers that's top secret. But I 'll tell you- one foward and two back. That was the same way I ran it with the 5 degree blocks. Izzy ran his told with the new set-up and He's running better also.I don't think we'll be running away from him anymore.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There isn't a doubt in my mind that it won't be approved. It fits the class to a "T".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.