Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Noob question

Brand new to the RC world, picked up the Hpi rs4 sport flux Porsche. Within a few minutes of driving I noticed the front wheels would get stuck all the wat to the right like if I was steering it that way. Turned of the car and turned it back on, they straightened out on its own. Happened once more but hasn’t went back since. No crashes, loose links etc brand new probably driven for 5 minutes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for your reply. I am using a 66T Spur, 32T pinion and a 4000kv motor on 3s. On three of my cars this same vibration occurs. I am wondering if I’m running too high of RPM but it didn’t do this before. So perhaps the shaft could be slightly bent from the factory? My Flux RS4!sports 3 and both new Creator editions have this vibration.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

upon inspection my prop shaft was a bit out of whack out the box. i straightened it and have no issues as yet running.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

hello.

i bought this week a brand new creator edition to transform to rally car.
i want to race it in rally events without having steering issues because rocks.
so i done the next mod:

you can still use stock servo position and nothing pass that tunnel under the shaft anymore.
i flip steering posts and cut a custom carbon fiber linkage to work over the shaft tunnel.
i already test it on gravel , no rock or anything can jam the steering anymore.

hpi should have create a upgrade kit for steering similar to my solution because the rest of the chassis is great.
Nicadrauspro4 and angrymelon like this.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timaneli
hello.

i bought this week a brand new creator edition to transform to rally car.
i want to race it in rally events without having steering issues because rocks.
so i done the next mod:

you can still use stock servo position and nothing pass that tunnel under the shaft anymore.
i flip steering posts and cut a custom carbon fiber linkage to work over the shaft tunnel.
i already test it on gravel , no rock or anything can jam the steering anymore.

hpi should have create a upgrade kit for steering similar to my solution because the rest of the chassis is great.
Interesting to see if it works. Rocks get stuck was a big complaint when it was released.

Unfortunately, Hpi is in a bad place. Been sold twice now since this was released.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default pinion/spur gear

Hi all, hoping someone knowledgeable is still paying attention to this thread.
I have a Hobbywing XR8 SCT Pro combo 3600kv on the way to throw into my HPI Hoonicorn (RS4 Sport3). This is because the stock ESC blew after 2 runs. My LHS replaced it, but with HPI EN-1 which clearly states that is not made for 15t motor. So I am hoping this combo will work well for me despite being for 1/10 SCT.
So my question is, when swapping out the motors, can I just put stock pinion and spur on my new motor or should i be taking into account the new setup? Going from 15t brushed to 3600kv brushless.
Thanks for any help!!
Old 05-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stinga
Hi all, hoping someone knowledgeable is still paying attention to this thread.
I have a Hobbywing XR8 SCT Pro combo 3600kv on the way to throw into my HPI Hoonicorn (RS4 Sport3). This is because the stock ESC blew after 2 runs. My LHS replaced it, but with HPI EN-1 which clearly states that is not made for 15t motor. So I am hoping this combo will work well for me despite being for 1/10 SCT.
So my question is, when swapping out the motors, can I just put stock pinion and spur on my new motor or should i be taking into account the new setup? Going from 15t brushed to 3600kv brushless.
Thanks for any help!!
Probably will need to change pinion. It’s been years since I did a brushed to brushless swap on a Vaterra.

Look up to see what the stock pinion is on the brushless version. I don’t remember what gearing the Sport3 came with.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Just kinda discovered the creators edition of this...only to discover it's been discontinued. Who makes something comparable? Basically looking for something that is either a roller so I can plop my own motor or has a decent motor capable or 2s-3s.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by steveko23
Just kinda discovered the creators edition of this...only to discover it's been discontinued. Who makes something comparable? Basically looking for something that is either a roller so I can plop my own motor or has a decent motor capable or 2s-3s.
Check eBay for the Vaterra V100 or Traxxas 4Tec 2.0.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pretty much anything from Tamiya will be as good, if not better.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Steering issues.

I recently bought a creator addition and it won’t return to center in either direction. I’ve changed servos I’ve changed servo horn I bought the aluminum ball bearing steering I’ve changed receivers and I don’t know what else to do. It’s smooth and easy to turn when unhooked from servo but it’s totally frustrating to drive will not track straight if you steer left it keeps going left if you steer right it keeps going right. Out of options ready to stomp it to pieces. Suggestions please
Old 07-16-2020, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can buy a front spool for this car? I've been looking everywhere and I cannot find one in stock anywhere!!!
Old 07-17-2020, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Google is your friend.

Amazon Amazon

https://www.ebay.com/i/392818417286?...RoC4dMQAvD_BwE
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ra4 sport 3 flux

Hello every one this ? Is for anyone that has any idea where I can get a metal spur gear or a metal motor and spur gears set I have looked everywhere and to know avail nothing. Or if some one can point me in the right place that something from another car that will work on this this car. What is happening is that I have a metal motor gear ⚙️ and plastic spur gear ⚙️ I go to run the car and only get like 5-10 min run time and the spur gear is toast melted. Can some please help I have gone through 7 spurs so far and I am tired of buying them.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by L8psiexplorer
Hello every one this ? Is for anyone that has any idea where I can get a metal spur gear or a metal motor and spur gears set I have looked everywhere and to know avail nothing. Or if some one can point me in the right place that something from another car that will work on this this car. What is happening is that I have a metal motor gear ⚙️ and plastic spur gear ⚙️ I go to run the car and only get like 5-10 min run time and the spur gear is toast melted. Can some please help I have gone through 7 spurs so far and I am tired of buying them.
It sounds like your mesh is wrong. What you are describing isn't normal.
fyrstormer and Billy Kelly like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.