Wiki Posts
Search

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Chris, you have to pit out the back of the truck in the parking lot.
NIIIICCCEEEE!!!!

....once you have your spot e.g. Wednesday first come first serve, that will be your spot for the rest of the week, not sure what we will have, either some kind of card to put your name on, or a strip of tape or something for you to mark your spot after you claim it. Also, EVERYONE will be limited to 1 - 3 foot spot, wether you are running 1 class or 100 classes; I can't stress this enough as we will not have enough pit spaces if people use multiple spots -- I know what I do at races like this is "team up" with someone I know i.e. we share 1 iron, share 1 setup board, share tools, etc so that in essence the two of you are using 1 6 foot area.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
NIIIICCCEEEE!!!!

....once you have your spot e.g. Wednesday first come first serve, that will be your spot for the rest of the week, not sure what we will have, either some kind of card to put your name on, or a strip of tape or something for you to mark your spot after you claim it. Also, EVERYONE will be limited to 1 - 3 foot spot, wether you are running 1 class or 100 classes; I can't stress this enough as we will not have enough pit spaces if people use multiple spots -- I know what I do at races like this is "team up" with someone I know i.e. we share 1 iron, share 1 setup board, share tools, etc so that in essence the two of you are using 1 6 foot area.
Is it possible to save a spot for non-entered factory motor tuners like those from Orion, Trinity, etc?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
NIIIICCCEEEE!!!!
I know what I do at races like this is "team up" with someone I know i.e. we share 1 iron, share 1 setup board, share tools, etc so that in essence the two of you are using 1 6 foot area.
You have never tried pitting with Robert V have you?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Is it possible to save a spot for non-entered factory motor tuners like those from Orion, Trinity, etc?
Bring Pat. All his norcal buds want to see him come out of retirement and race.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Shelves for Speedworld Pits

Last Wednesday, I brought an 8" high x 24" wide wire shelf from Office Depot to the test day and placed it in the space under the provided fixed shelf. Really improved the situation.

The folding wire shelves from Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, etc. would do the same thing.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Default Motor tuners

Due to the high power draw of motor tuners, Harsh thought he was going to setup a space for them...with separate power for their dynos.

Lesson learned from the Stockton Carpet Nats.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Last Wednesday, I brought an 8" high x 24" wide wire shelf from Office Depot to the test day and placed it in the space under the provided fixed shelf. Really improved the situation.

The folding wire shelves from Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, etc. would do the same thing.
How high is the shelf?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Chris, you have to pit out the back of the truck in the parking lot.
Your mother never loved you.

Last edited by westerdude42; 06-04-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by westerdude42
How high is the shelf?
I would say that the front edge of the built-in shelf is about 18-20 inches high. Maybe 9-10 inches deep. It also has a slight downward angle towards you. Has access holes drilled to run power cords between the two levels.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Forgot to say...HarshGuy was using rubberized kitchen shelving liner material on the angled upper shelf to hold his chargers in place. Good idea.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, Thanx
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

HEADS UP about having a current roar membership....
Harsh says that there are "a lot" of names not on the current roar membership list. Bring your current roar card to make sure there is no problem during check in ... Roar registration will be available at the track and/or hobbyshop.

Early check-in tomorrow... 3pm-6pm......

I am sure harsh will post more regarding this.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yep like Dal said, I have about 25% of the signups not on the current ROAR list (as of yesterday morning, emailed to me in the afternoon). If you are not on the list or do not have your current ROAR membership card you will have to fill out and pay for a ROAR membership - cash or check only - in order to checkin and attend the race.

I talked to Fred Howart (ROAR Administrator), and if you for instance paid for ROAR last week at some other race, you may not be on the list if Fred had not recvd the payment by last Friday. I have no way of verifying this (and don't have the time to track 211 entries worth of "I'll check on it later") so you will have to pay again, and when ROAR recvs the double payment they will issue you a refund check.

There are also a lot of racers without transponders and frequencies, same deal I need transpo's and freq's before I can check you in and give your handouts out.

Then one last thing, anyone on 27 band, I need *ALL* your avialable frequencies as alternates, the scoring software does a great job in resolving freq conflicts, but when most 27 banders input 1,2,3 for their freq's and you see the quantity of them in 19T it is physically impossible to solve the conflict

Also, I have an updated schedule at http://www.2006roarnats.com/index.cf...chheader=paved ...I actually had the heats as well, but after looking over the heat setup and realizing all the 27 band conflicts and that there will be *more* of them potentially with people not supplying the freq's, I will have to reset that up late tomorrow morning after checkin's occur.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

One last bit of advice to those packing up for the nats:

DONT FORGET SUNBLOCK!

The pits are shaded and so is the drivers stand, but you will still find yourself standing in the sun a lot of the time. (like 10 minutes turnmarshalling a 1/12 heat) If you are fair skinned, apply some SPF 30 or you WILL pay the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.