Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-Ways - Do they really help???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

kinda weird...ive run from 9 turn mod in foam class to stock rubber and back and i never use the brakes to make a corner ...maybe thats what im doing wrong
Old 10-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
kinda weird...ive run from 9 turn mod in foam class to stock rubber and back and i never use the brakes to make a corner ...maybe thats what im doing wrong
maybe it's the track you're running on
Old 10-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
For technical asphalt tracks with any tight turns, a spool will usually be faster. It has 200% braking over a diff and has much better acceleration.

A one-way has 0% braking b/c it will spin the car out with a touch of the brakes. Using a one-way takes a different setup then what a diff or spool takes. You'll need softer suspension and less steering.

Hi Chad

A couple of q's if you dont mind

Do you find you can drive much deeper into the corner before slowing, with a spool versus ball diff??

How do find high speed cornering, does it push much on entry?

What about full throttle sweepers

What specific changes did you make ( in addition to the above) when switching between spool/oneway

I run a Yoko Bd in mod12t on foam /asphalt and havent tried a spool on it because of the soft uni's these things have.

Hope thats alright

Cheers
geoff
Old 10-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
Hi Chad

A couple of q's if you dont mind

Do you find you can drive much deeper into the corner before slowing, with a spool versus ball diff??

How do find high speed cornering, does it push much on entry?

What about full throttle sweepers

What specific changes did you make ( in addition to the above) when switching between spool/oneway

I run a Yoko Bd in mod12t on foam /asphalt and havent tried a spool on it because of the soft uni's these things have.

Hope thats alright

Cheers
geoff
Hi,

If you have a sppol,you have to change your setting to suit the spool.

The 1st time I used a spool without changing the setup from one way to spool.It have a bad push.

But after using a spool setup,everything was fine.Good cornering,can drive deep into corner and brake.

Good for technical tracks and large tracks with flowing lines.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
maybe it's the track you're running on
ive ran from 200 foot straightaways to 40 foot straightaways with super tight corners...but ok
Old 10-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You also have to keep in mind that changing over to a front diff/ spool / oneway/ or locked oneway - xray's multi-diff; requires a totally different driving style as well. You just can't change over from a front diff. to a one-way/spool and expect to gain seconds off of your lap times without changing your throttle control.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ya, you gotta point there.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

hi. i took off my one way for my 415..... i forgot which way it supposed to go back in. is there a test of which way it goes back in?

when i hold down the spool, the wheels should be able to turn freely going forward and lock when i try turn it backwards?

Last edited by Doomah; 11-22-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Doomah
hi. i took off my one way for my 415..... i forgot which way it supposed to go back in. is there a test of which way it goes back in?

when i hold down the spool, the wheels should be able to turn freely going forward and lock when i try turn it backwards?

When you squeese the throttle and release it,your 415's back wheels will stop spinning and you front wheel should still be spinning "FORWARDS"...!!

One-ways are not meant to go backwards just like a motor is no suppose to go clockwise!! Meaning applys...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

hi. yes i want to make sure it is in the right way BEFORE is install everything.

so if i lock the spool, by holding my finger on it. the wheels should be able to freely move forwards, and be locked when i move the wheels backwards?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Hi Doomah....

Can't really quite get you.

The 415 has 2 one-ways,1 in the middle where the spur is and the other is in the front(one-way diff).

If you're saying that if you hold the middle one way with your finger and spin the front wheels and it should spin forwards...Yes,then thats the correct way.

Or another way is to get the instructions manual out and check. Hope this helps...
Old 11-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doomah

so if i lock the spool, by holding my finger on it. the wheels should be able to freely move forwards, and be locked when i move the wheels backwards?

Yeah mate, you got it
Old 11-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default my experience with a spool on rubber/asphalt

fairly severe push early-mid corner. i went soft/thin/progressive on the front and the opposite on the rear. unless you're getting the car to actually hook (break the rear tires loose), a diff/one-way is usually going to be able to get inside of you entering a sharp turn (ie 180). mid corner out though the spool is incredibly strong. especially vs. the diff, there is no unloading on the front inner tire.

i have to agree with previous posters about the front drive train wear, it is horrendous. running 19t, i'm replacing the outdrive clips on my fk05 about every 3-5 heats. based upon this, i'm thinking of going back to a diff, albeit a tighter setting and a thin front sway bar.

as far as one ways, i think they have the most potential for speed, but the least people able to capitalize on it due to the difficulty being consistent.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Hi Doomah....

Can't really quite get you.

The 415 has 2 one-ways,1 in the middle where the spur is and the other is in the front(one-way diff).

If you're saying that if you hold the middle one way with your finger and spin the front wheels and it should spin forwards...Yes,then thats the correct way.

Or another way is to get the instructions manual out and check. Hope this helps...

hi sorry for not clarify.

i meant when i hold the front one way diff down. essentially, so the front belt/one way cannot move.

i think i got it going the right way, oh well we'll find out soon lol

oh i only ever used a front one way and never driven a TC before and only have been driving for about 1 week. and they are easy to drive. i have been doing the same amount of laps over 5 minutes as the wiinner.

you never have to use brake when on a track anyway. i set my esc to have some drag brake instead.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Never liked oneways myself, they are definitely faster over a single lap than a diff but not over a race, well for me anyway.
The oneway is fine and dandy when you are by yourself, but get into a small dice with another car where you have to change your line and or do some evasive manouvers and it goes down the toilet quickly.
I use a spool in my TC4 and I like it, especially when racing up close with someone, with the right setup the spool is just as good into the corners as a oneway but you get the luxury or being able to use your brakes if necessary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.