R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh... look what you guys dug up! True, I am very much alive and probably having one of my best quarters to date. Thanks to everyone's support!!! The website is really nothing more the a page with an email link at the bottom. I will have some fresh art work shortly. It will have some fancy buttons you guys can click on to get some more info on the products.
www.slapmastertools.com

I have expanded the thrust bearings to the Niftech axle for 12th scale and I am ready to get into the 10th scale oval/on-road scene. 10th scale guys, if you are tired of rebuilding your diff's every other run, I should be holding the cure. 12th scale diff's across the world are going months or seasons without rebuilds. Imagine turning your focus to working on minute chassis changes without thinking about "will the diff hold up one more run".

I do have MS2.3's available. They remain as conversion kits. Some day, they may turn into a full kit, but so far, that option is just to spendy.

The carpet season is just spooling up again. There will be several MS2.3's on the rugs all across the NW states competing for the top spots. This season, keep an eye on Dan Garber and myself as we try to capture as many wins as possible.

I doubt that anyone would want any of my used MS chassis as I race them hard and to the end. I always want to know where the "edge" is, in hopes to further improve this design.

Anyone who needs more info or repair suggestions, feel free to drop me a line at: [email protected] I am terrible at PM's.

Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #122
Tech Master

Wow, that is COOL!!! I'm not a 1/12th guy but WOW!!! Really nice work.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

and bodine they have to watch for me with my 2.3 i spent a good amount of time on the car last friday and she is coming around fast. i also need to talk to you about a thrust bearing issue. i wont be there this wednesday but hopefully ill see you before slugfest.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #124
Tech Elite

The issue is that you do not have one!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
OK, you guys talked me into it. Here's a couple of pics of my new X-Car....this does not mean that it's a finish deal, it's just a concept. Some shots are a bit weird, but look at the clearance under the chassis other then the center section.

bb
how well did this idea workout?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #126
Tech Elite

I drove two X cars or I renamed them MS2X for the Nat's this past march. One in 19t and in Mod. Weylin had the other but suffered an electrical poke in the eye. I only made 3 of them because of the complexity. What was interesting, was watching everyone's reaction to the carpet and Jack. I had a real good heads up and knew what to expect while 90% of the others were trying to figure out what tires were going to work for 8 minutes. The low t-bar made more grip then a conventional elevated t-bar which improved my grip over all in the low traction conditions. As grip came slowly in, more tire options became available to everyone. My car became even more planted in the rear, causing some understeer. I made a front track width change and I was back in the game. In 19T, I felt like I could have filled the last spot on the podium at the end of A2.... but it didn't happen due to a pair of chunked rears in A3. That's racing. Mod, didn't make the A. Had a mediocre run in the B.

Moral to the story: low t-bar = more grip over all on low traction, standard t-bar = better balance on med-high grip.

There are no production plans for the MS2X. Tooooooo much $$$$$
Old 10-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default xcar

B nice if u can make it to go on both sides .....how well is the 2.3 doing in the stock class
Old 10-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

stock class died out a bit, we mainly run 19t. but i ran my 2.3 as well as brain last year and i will tell they were fast. brain took wins at the last two events he ran 12th stock at, at the end of the season. He also won the series championship and i took 3rd in the points. so... they are good.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To tell a little story about the Slapmaster MS car. 2 years ago I made a comeback in 1/12th after 3 years not running it. I got myself a Hyperdrive and that was supposedly the good car, better then the L3... yadi da. Well, when the season started, I was able to get into the mid pack A-main with no problem.... but with season progressed, I started to slip down in the order. No matter what I tried, I couldn't keep up. Then I found out from Sean (Maybell) that Brian was actually producing this kit for the public. I called Brian, he sent 2 kits down to my local shop and I put one together a day after Thanksgiving and raced it the very next day. And this was the MS2.2. I was the very first person to ever run an MS in Oregon and probably the first few handful of guys to run this car in the PNW. Anyway, my very first practice run, the entire track practically stopped practicing and wrenching and watched me drove the car around. The corner speed was AMAZING, people just can't believe it! Anyway, the first club race with that car with zero testing, I finished 2nd. After a couple more club races, I finally found the sweet spot for me and I TQ'ed and won every single club races for the rest of that season.

At year end, I even TQ'ed won my first regional in 1/12th with that car. I was also using 1 year old batteries and motor whereas my competitors had brand new batteries and motors!

The MS 2.3 is an improved version of the MS2.2 and I wish 1/12th is where it used to be here locally, because I'll be kicking some serious A$$ with my MS2.2 still.

Dom