R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian, I will prolly p/u a car whilst we have fun at the 2-day. If you can keep a conversion around for me next week that would be great. Good to hear that traction is coming back up there.

Got the new layout in at SIR and traction went to #%@&! traction is now coming back in and in Mod got the car down to a 8.7. This layout is alot trickier than last month, when you get a chance come down for some more asphalt testing. Oh and Crosier now has OVA's old car so your ear should recover a touch...

See you next weekend
Old 01-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #92
Tech Master

Brian, I've got about 5 hrs so far into rebuild, [email protected]#$%^&* believable how messed up and cobbled together, what is the difference between the MS2.3 and the one I have?
I'm only part way done reassembling the car, need ball studs for the damper tubes and a anetena shock mount, then the electronics, read your latest setup for the rain, any changes to that for the one I have?
Mike
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #93
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman
Brian, I've got about 5 hrs so far into rebuild, [email protected]#$%^&* believable how messed up and cobbled together, what is the difference between the MS2.3 and the one I have?
I'm only part way done reassembling the car, need ball studs for the damper tubes and a anetena shock mount, then the electronics, read your latest setup for the rain, any changes to that for the one I have?
Mike
Sorry

Last edited by OVA; 01-13-2006 at 09:46 AM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #94
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Mike
the antenna holder on the car should be the same as the associated 12th..

Last edited by OVA; 01-13-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #95
Tech Master

enuff said, I'll work it out, when I'm done and it hits the track the car WILL work and work well.
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #96
Tech Master

Franko what did you do to the car? Just messing with ya Franko.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #97
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 11
Franko what did you do to the car? Just messing with ya Franko.
Me bad mechanic
Old 01-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #98
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
enuff said, I'll work it out, when I'm done and it hits the track the car WILL work and work well.
Hey Mike you can do it

Last edited by OVA; 01-13-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:17 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Franco,
how Canadian are you? I could not understand a word of that! And I was drinking a few beers, so... Actually, I like Canadian's... so what the hell did you ask me?

Mike, it's easy. Once we get together, I will give it the "once over" and you should be on your way. don't say anything, but the 2.2 might be a better racers car then the 2.3.

The carpet at the Rain has improved with two things, knowledge and some conditioning. Try some Parma purple/greys and you will be 90% there. Deb will have a new layout starting next Wed night, so everything will be out the window... but those tires should be "ball park".

I will be there Fri night to burn some more laps. I will likely see what the X-Car has to offer. I am hopeful that we'll get a big 19t turn out for the final braging rights for track record. Frank, Korey... you got it.. bring it...let's see it!

bb
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:35 AM   #100
Tech Elite

OK, you guys talked me into it. Here's a couple of pics of my new X-Car....this does not mean that it's a finish deal, it's just a concept. Some shots are a bit weird, but look at the clearance under the chassis other then the center section.

bb
Attached Thumbnails
Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010001.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010002.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010004.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010007.jpg  
Old 01-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm stuck working on Friday night...... So it will be between you and frank Slappy!!!.

-Korey
Old 01-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #102
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
OK, you guys talked me into it. Here's a couple of pics of my new X-Car....this does not mean that it's a finish deal, it's just a concept. Some shots are a bit weird, but look at the clearance under the chassis other then the center section.

bb
wow that's cool brian nice revision
Old 01-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #103
OVA
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=Slapmaster6000]Franco,
how Canadian are you? I could not understand a word of that! And I was drinking a few beers, so... Actually, I like Canadian's... so what the hell did you ask me?

I know ..My bad .....
Old 01-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #104
OVA
Tech Champion

oop
Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Rain City hosted the 3rd leg of the 6 race series in the Northwest this past weekend. Of course, Rain City is my home track. But with the new track lay out and the funky traction conditions, it proved very difficult to get hooked up. By Fri evening, I had come up with a set up for a mod MS2.3 using Parma Pink/magenta tires that was tolerable for 8 minutes, but I would not say that it was all that fast. The track was getting better by the hour. Some would say that the grip has never been higher. I switched over to my proto-type car, strapped in the LRP/Neo to see if I could get any advantages from the low pivot roll center. Brushless is just different enough from brushed, that some sublte set up changes need to take place. I was only able to get the car dialed in on Parma grey/purples. It wasn't until that I got the outside edge CA'ed on the front tires, did the car settle down and run a strong 8 minutes. The MS2.3 was then set up for stock. At the end of evening, I had the b/l mod car running in the low to mid 8's while the stock car could do high 8's. The stock car was also set up on Parma grey/purples. I tried to run Jaco's, but the car would free up with 45 seconds to go. The CA trick didn't quite cure the Jaco's tires in stock. I was hopeful to use them, but I had to keep whittling away at my Parma's. Qualifying went well in mod. There were only 3 of us, but that didn't stop us from using the track to learn as much as we could. As the grip continued to climb, we had to keep making adjustments to better our times. I took the pole with a 55/8:01 run in the proto-type followed by Dan Garber in a CRC T-Force, followed by Mike Crosier who just picked up a MS2.2. I also put my MS2.3 on the pole in stock with a slow 53 lap run which was about a lap and a half over 2nd place Tom Davies. Allan Reed and Frank Mirabelli were also driving MS2.3's that were qualified about 5th and 6th. In mod, I took A1,A2 and stayed in for A3 actually winning all three times even though A1 did not have the two missed laps replaced. I had to put additional servo tape under my pt if you locate it between the front uprights to help get it off the carbon some. I did not miss any more laps after that. As the front tires wore some, the CA remained and actually made for a push. The correct thing to do, would to have put the tires back on the truer, sand it off and reapply it. In the stock car, I was able to win A1 and A2, but they were Tom's to win. My motor was a turd. There were at least 3 other cars in the main with more motor than mine. Tom had nearly 2 tenths on me, but he had two big mistakes that he could not overcome in A2. I lent my car to Dan Garber to run A3 with literally no time in the seat. I did not clean the motor up, so I didn't expect much but he was up for the ride. He got a good start, but not being use to the active center for steering that I like, it took some time for him to adjust. He took 4th to a very fast Tom and Allan. The good news is that Dan just put together a MS2.3 over the weekend and will be testing it soon at Seattle Indoor Raceway. Allan Reed also took 3rd in Stock with the 2.3. I couldn't have asked for better local support of my car. So many have purchaced the conversion kit and expressed their likeness of it. In return, I have set up sheets and share as much knowledge as a driver will listen to. This was a very important weekend towards the big show in Cali in March. I need to get to work on my motor skills to futher prepare for Nat's, but the peices are definitely falling into place.