Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree196Likes

Roche Rapide P12 1/12 Competition Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Monti- I've never ever ran inline before (top never had the option). Why do you think inline battery will be better in spec?

Why are inboard spring position better for inline? Makes spring stiffer since less leverage?
Old 06-10-2015, 04:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kartermdb
Double Blue/green was fast for me, like 3 laps faster than gravity's.

I have sent my setup from last weekend to hanulec, its too big to post here. I changed a few small things from last time.

I need to play with wheelbase next.
posted online at - http://www.rochercusa.com/p/set-up-sheets.html
Old 06-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Would it be possible to add a column for traction level? Would be nice to look down the list and see which setups were for what track grip levels. Not a big deal now since I can take the time to look at 4 setups but as the numbers increase it may be a good metric to have at a glance. Petite RC does this on their setups.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Monti- I've never ever ran inline before (top never had the option). Why do you think inline battery will be better in spec?

Why are inboard spring position better for inline? Makes spring stiffer since less leverage?
Springs more inner make the springs act softer not firmer. That is why all the AE guys drilled new holes and moved the springs in from being on top of the links.
This helps a lot with high traction too.

Inline vs transverse can be debated till the cows come home. I feel an inline reacts quicker and allows for you to stay on-power more. I think it comes down to driving style too. Even though I made A main at big races with my top car I never could be as consistent since it seemed slow to react. I think transverse also works best for mod where you lift and can get more weight transfer in mean time having a car that is more comfortable.

The set up window maybe a little narrower on an inline car that is why spacing out the front end like I do really helps.

Monti
Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Monti
The set up window maybe a little narrower on an inline car that is why spacing out the front end like I do really helps.
Are you talking wheelbase or width? I assume width and you are using spacers between the arm and aluminum blocks or all at the wheels/axles?

On the Roche front body posts - when mounted they hit the front suspension mounts. What is the deal here?

Last edited by Drew Manzella; 06-10-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yes width, 1.5mm each side.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Thanks man!

What are you using for spacers for the following:

- Front arm track width (the 1.5mm we were just talking about)
- Front ride height (what slide in shims work? Are the Xenons AE bolt pattern?)
- Rear axle block spacers

I know earlier in the thread someone said Xray front ride height shims work so I assume these are fairly standard and just about any brand will work.

I also assume the red .5mm and 1mm shims included in the kit will work for the front track width. I just don't have any to spare currently. I do however have 2mm spacers (I use on my Kyosho ZX5/ZX6 to shorten wheelbase). In your opinion would 2mm be better than no track width increase?
Old 06-11-2015, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the VBC Lightning front ride height adjusters work fine. spacing is same as associated
Old 06-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've never used the vbc shims so I don't know what sizes they offer. I like the xray ones cause they have a good size variety and allow for very fine tuning of front ride height
Old 06-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by branover
I've never used the vbc shims so I don't know what sizes they offer. I like the xray ones cause they have a good size variety and allow for very fine tuning of front ride height
Can you provide me some part numbers by chance?

EDIT: I found them. Do they sell them as a set?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Alternatives to tweak inducing shims is to just use king pin shims under the steering blocks...
Old 06-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

But then you will invariably get to a point where you are adding preload to your front springs won't you?
Old 06-11-2015, 04:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
But then you will invariably get to a point where you are adding preload to your front springs won't you?
Nah
The front end builds from kit with a lot of shimscon kingpin. Springs collapse. Front tires gotta be sub 41mm to be super competitive anyway...
Old 06-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

I agree I should be running small tires. At this point however the local track doesn't have big turnouts and I can't justify the tire costs for small weekly club races so I run the tires bigger to start just to get the life out of them so I'm not burning up $25/week just to race 3-4 other guys.

Can you tell me what the spring color codes are for front center and side springs?

Also - I am assuming that the base springs (not in the bonus bag) are all mediums (front/center/side)?

I do see coil counts which is awesome for identification but not completely sure what is being counted as a coil and what isn't in regard to top and bottom.

Last question (for now) - what is the preferred shim for the rear axle height? Front kingpin shims?

Attached is a pic of my fresh build...
Attached Thumbnails Roche Rapide P12 1/12 Competition Car Kit-img_5849.jpg  
Old 06-12-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In my very scientific testing of the springs (squeezing them with my hand) it looks like the Roche springs follow the same design as others. The ones with the coils closer together are softer, where the ones with the coils farther apart are stiffer.

Don't remember right now which color were which though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.