Like Tree196Likes

Roche Rapide P12 1/12 Competition Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
only raise the inner ball studs

the ackerman inserts will have a minor "on-track" change. don't worry about what the setup station says
Ok. 3mm less aggressive exit and 4mm more aggressive exit. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-30-2021, 03:50 AM
Tech Rookie

I really like that.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi all,

I am looking to join in on some local (MN, USA) GT12 class fun and really like the looks of the P12G (151015). Actually, I prefer the looks of the (older?) P12-2017 (p/n 151006), but I am assuming this is a disco'd model. I don't think I am a fan of an aluminum chassis, so would prefer to stick to carbon/ball diff/traditional servo setup. I've run CRC and SM kits in the past, but think I'd like to try something different this time around. Also, the quality looks a little better w/the Roche kits over the current CRC and SM offerings, but maybe I'm a bit off in that assessment.

A couple of questions:

1. I see that these are on backorder on the Roche Intl. website, and I do not even see them avail on the Roche USA site. Any idea if/when we might see more available?
2. Would it be possible to convert the P12G to a more conventional servo setup?

Lastly, does anyone have any experience running the GT12 series w/these cars? I've been out of the hobby for roughly 15 years, so there's a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you,

Matt

Last edited by bentouttashape; 08-11-2021 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bentouttashape
Hi all,

I am looking to join in on some local (MN, USA) GT12 class fun and really like the looks of the P12G (151015). Actually, I prefer the looks of the (older?) P12-2017 (p/n 151006), but I am assuming this is a disco'd model. I don't think I am a fan of an aluminum chassis, so would prefer to stick to carbon/ball diff/traditional servo setup.

A couple of questions:

1. I see that these are on backorder on the Roche Intl. website, and I do not even see them avail on the Roche USA site. Any idea if/when we might see more available?
2. Would it be possible to convert the P12G to a more conventional servo setup?

Lastly, does anyone have any experience running the GT12 series w/these cars? I've been out of the hobby for roughly 15 years, so there's a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you,

Matt
I don't have answers for you... But my story is similar, haven't raced in about a decade. Starting a GT12 build as well, got a P12 EVO coming. Old chargers, first gen DSM radio, old servos... I hope it's as fun as I expect it to be.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2021, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
I don't have answers for you... But my story is similar, haven't raced in about a decade. Starting a GT12 build as well, got a P12 EVO coming. Old chargers, first gen DSM radio, old servos... I hope it's as fun as I expect it to be.

Good luck!
Judging by my few trips to the track to practice 2WD buggy, this is not an uncommon scenario right now. Nice to see that the interest is still there! It's toy cars, so I can't see it not being fun. Best of luck to you as well.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Disregard

Last edited by Bsthetech; 03-06-2023 at 01:49 PM.