Old 09-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Black yokomo is all i use
Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
What range of front springs is good to have for the double wishbone front end? Mostly crc black carpet.
Yokomo black soft and silver medium. Start with the soft with very little droop.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Thanks Jorge!l and Chad!

Really looking forward to running this car!
Old 09-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My 2 12th scales
Left: V2/with xenon front end and updated rear pod carbon to allow a 25mm fan to be mounted
Right: T2 latest version with 25mm fan
Attached Thumbnails RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit-12rrv2t2-1.jpg  
Old 09-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Are you guys seeing any rubbing at the chassis link mounts on the black carpet? Looking at the McFactory "L" chassis kits it seems like the inverted mounts are there to eliminate this potential but I'm wondering if that's a real issue to worry about or not with this car.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Are you guys seeing any rubbing at the chassis link mounts on the black carpet? Looking at the McFactory "L" chassis kits it seems like the inverted mounts are there to eliminate this potential but I'm wondering if that's a real issue to worry about or not with this car.
I think it's a non issue. Our car has a further forward pivot plus it is very narrow at the links (about as narrow as you can get it) both which help reduce the drag on the chassis. The inverted link is a great idea and we toyed with it in the early stages of development however the car only ever rubbed when we ran a carbon chassis with 13.5 and mod. When we switched over to an aluminum chassis we practically eliminated the rubbing except for a few times in modified on bumpy tracks.

Now coming from a TC background my observation is that for faster classes, given that the track is smooth you want a little bit of rubbing on the sides to help slow the car down in the corners. As a matter of fact, when designing chassis I take the width into consideration to adjust the body roll of the car. Typically a sedan chassis will always rub, no matter how wide. Narrower chassis tend to allow the car to roll deeper at the same ride height and droop than wider chassis. This is good on black carpet as a narrower chassis allows lower ride heights and less droop to create similar characteristics as wider chassis at higher ride heights, but with an effectively lower cg.

I am not totally sure how it translates to a 12th scale exactly, but I can tell you it's a bit different as the inverted links will roll slightly more, but I doubt the chassis or the links ever really drag. If we had an issue with dragging, we would certainly look into it as drag in spec classes is a no-no.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What voodoo is this?
Old 10-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks super good! Did you run it yet?
Old 10-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

That thing is nice Jimmy. Nice work Christian!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finally got to run it today after my 2 month break. At first I was way off pace and trying a few things but nothing worked. Car seemed to drive ok but I figured it was either me or the Yok is just not cut out for stock racing. Well looked at my motor and found out I set my timing down 20 degrees accidentally. Once I reset it correctly my pace was much better, but it was the end of the day. Next time I'll be able to work on setup.

As for how the aluminum chassis compared to the carbon chassis in 17.5 stock on CRC black carpet.... First I'll say that I've been off pace ever since my switch to the Yokomo. But I refused to give up on the car. I love the rear end and I wanted to make the frontend work. But I may switch to Xenon front end once the Team Bomber adapter bulkheads come out. We'll see. Anyways, with the thick 2.5mm stock carbon plate, I would diff out a lot in the tight corners. This of course meant a loss of corner speed. You could try to tune it out but then the car would push like a dump truck.

Now with the switch to the thinner Reflex aluminum chassis, I was not diffing out as much (had issues with ride height at first). I ran out of front suspension ride height spacers, so the lowest I could get my car was maybe 4.2mm. But even at this height I was no longer diffing out thanks to the low cg that the new chassis has. It really keeps the car flatter through the corner. With time, I think I can get this chassis back up to speed. I think it's a worthy option for the CRC black carpet.

One side note, if you want to run the aluminum chassis with the stock rear pod plate, you will need to file some on the carbon plate for clearance. I recommend the aluminum rear pod plate for even more lower cg.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Christian, great job on the T2 chassis!

I ran it Sunday and that double wishbone front end worked great and does an excellent job of absorbing bumps and corner dots without upsetting the car.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Is there a setup sheet available for the T2? Or, maybe just a good starting point of settings for the black carpet?

Thanks,
Old 10-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Troy, I don't know if a setup sheet for the car, so I made my own.
Now, it doesn't have any CAD drawings on it or anything but it does the job.
PM me your email and I can send it to you if you like.

I started with the kit springs all around, 60k in the front monotube, .25mm droop. Rear was 20k and 1mm droop. 4.5, 4.5, 4.2 ride heights rear-mid-front.

Car was good and easy to drive, and it'll get better as I learn the car and continue to tweak setup.

This is black carpet on specs and a fairly tight technical layout.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Drop your damper grease in side tubes to 10k and add a little more droop. See how that does the next time your on the track.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Troy, I don't know if a setup sheet for the car, so I made my own.
Now, it doesn't have any CAD drawings on it or anything but it does the job.
PM me your email and I can send it to you if you like.

I started with the kit springs all around, 60k in the front monotube, .25mm droop. Rear was 20k and 1mm droop. 4.5, 4.5, 4.2 ride heights rear-mid-front.

Car was good and easy to drive, and it'll get better as I learn the car and continue to tweak setup.

This is black carpet on specs and a fairly tight technical layout.
Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.