Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, which front corner chassis protector tabs fit the chassis? Xray?
Old 05-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Ok, which front corner chassis protector tabs fit the chassis? Xray?
Yes, xray is a close fit.

If you have any q's let me know. Enjoy your car, welcome to the family.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jason cheng
This is the best hub for truing tires rear tires.

http://rccarprototypes.de/pages/produkte.php
I'll look into the German adapter but have the Team Tamale "pizza stand" style and get very true tires off of my Hudy truer. I've just noticed that the same tire that runs dead true on the left side has some wobble to it on the diff side. I've had numerous IRS axles and currently have 3 cars with them, one is slightly better than the other 2. I asked because I recently picked up an Xray WGT and the diff side seems to run as true as the hub side. Curiosity only and just always looking for ways to improve things.

Last edited by kineteks; 05-11-2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

These are easier to get and do the same thing as the German adapters...probably less expensive too:

http://www.teamtamale.com/

The standard adapter can work fine as well...I just find that when I use them it bulges the center of the rim so I get a low spot on the tires when truing.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are we already using deep groove ball bearings for the thrust side of the diff? If not, why not?
Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

I am not familiar with this deep groove bearing. Can you please elaborate?

On another note, I got to test with the car iline this weekend. I was very happy with the results! The car was a little more neutral and easier to drive, perhaps at the expense of a little overall traction, (forward, turn in and lateral) but this gave me my fastest overall time ever on the layout by about 3 seconds. I think with a little tweaking it could be even better. It does seem like it has a wider tuning than transverse.

Now, I am not claiming it is faster, but it was very easy to drive and highly conposed in sweepers and the higher bite corners.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I am not familiar with this deep groove bearing. Can you please elaborate?

On another note, I got to test with the car iline this weekend. I was very happy with the results! The car was a little more neutral and easier to drive, perhaps at the expense of a little overall traction, (forward, turn in and lateral) but this gave me my fastest overall time ever on the layout by about 3 seconds. I think with a little tweaking it could be even better. It does seem like it has a wider tuning than transverse.

Now, I am not claiming it is faster, but it was very easy to drive and highly conposed in sweepers and the higher bite corners.
Would you still go with transverse for lower traction tracks? I've had the AE conversion kit in my cart for a couple weeks and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Our track is pretty low traction. We run yellow/gray tires for the most part and set up the suspension pretty soft.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

The beauty of the conversion is that you can easily run the car either way. Test and find out what works best
Old 05-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

A description of a VXB bearing:
FR168-2RS 1/4 x 3/8 x 1/8 inch flanged, sealed, stainless steel ball bearing has deep groove geometry for high speeds and supporting both radial and axial loads. Its pressed steel construction makes it durable and resistant to deformity under heavy loads.

The rubber seals and grease are probably not desirable but a deep grove bearing supports a higher thrust load than a standard bearing.
There may be reasons not to use them that I'm not aware of or it may be that all the common 1/4 x 3/8 bearings we use are deep groove.. so I'm just posing this as a question...
Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Would you still go with transverse for lower traction tracks? I've had the AE conversion kit in my cart for a couple weeks and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Our track is pretty low traction. We run yellow/gray tires for the most part and set up the suspension pretty soft.

I would think that the transverse would work better in lower bite. Typically on asphalt we run it this way and in the past, the transverse was quicker when our track was not as high bite.

For tires, I would suggest trying JFT tires. If Yellow/Gray is good, I think the green/ light blue combo would be really good. These tires also last a whole lot longer than the synthetic (Y/Gray) combos. Typically, I get 0.1-0.15mm of wear per run.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kineteks
A description of a VXB bearing:
FR168-2RS 1/4 x 3/8 x 1/8 inch flanged, sealed, stainless steel ball bearing has deep groove geometry for high speeds and supporting both radial and axial loads. Its pressed steel construction makes it durable and resistant to deformity under heavy loads.

The rubber seals and grease are probably not desirable but a deep grove bearing supports a higher thrust load than a standard bearing.
There may be reasons not to use them that I'm not aware of or it may be that all the common 1/4 x 3/8 bearings we use are deep groove.. so I'm just posing this as a question...
We are definitely not using deep groove, but now that I know what they are, I will see if my bearing supplier can provide them. These would be a better application I would think.

However one thing I like about the flanged bearing is the "Free-ness" of the diff with them.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you sell RSD stickers? I never looked. Just curious.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

We do, but I am Out I think. I need to get some more made. Will do so soon. I promise.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I would think that the transverse would work better in lower bite. Typically on asphalt we run it this way and in the past, the transverse was quicker when our track was not as high bite.

For tires, I would suggest trying JFT tires. If Yellow/Gray is good, I think the green/ light blue combo would be really good. These tires also last a whole lot longer than the synthetic (Y/Gray) combos. Typically, I get 0.1-0.15mm of wear per run.
Thanks. I've noticed that the CRC cars seem to have less of a problem finding traction on the track than I do. Of course, that could very well be my driving style...
Old 05-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Did a little blog post on the site on inline vs transverse thoughts.

Check it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.