Search
Like Tree18Likes

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
I have a 12r5.1 if I get the conversion, Do i get side dampers doesnt look like I would. Maybe Im missing something but I would think the conversion comes with everything I need to put the car on the track minus electronics

You will need damper tube assembly from a12r5.2, or you can purchase a set from RSD when you order the conversion which is the less expensive way to go.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a 12r5.1 if I get the conversion, Do i get side dampers doesnt look like I would. Maybe Im missing something but I would think the conversion comes with everything I need to put the car on the track minus electronics
The conversion is "technically" for the 5.2, which uses damper tubes. The 5.1 will work just fine, but you do need to purchase the additional tubes to complete it. We sell the damper tubes at the store as well.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chris moore
You will need damper tube assembly from a12r5.2, or you can purchase a set from RSD when you order the conversion which is the less expensive way to go.
Beat me to it!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Im not sure if they run truer. When CT sent me the car he didnt have any diffs or tubes, so I borrowed some from a local xray guy (thanks craig! ). What I do know is xray diffs build butter smooth and stay that way because they use a real thrust bearing. I think craig had the diff to borrow because he used an irs style diff with magnesium parts to make it lighter for 17.5 racing

The diff has a carbon axle. if you really want to reduce wheel wobble, bsr makes a thing, not sure what to call it, it looks like the thing pizza places put in boxes to keep the pizza from getting squished. You use it when you true the rear tires to keep the arbor from warping the wheel, its pretty nice
This is totally a preference thing. I prefer the freer IRS diff. It makes the car less aggressive by a bit I feel. The XRAY diff is great, but you must get the cf axle.

Also, I have actually found that I go longer in between re builds with the IRS diff. The key, however is getting a good bearing in the thrust. We will have our own specific thrust bearings this week (they are still regular flanged bearings), which are picked out from the general population for their smoothness. I used to think the Xray diff lasted longer, but it no longer is the case. I constantly had to clean and re grease the thrust assembly to keep it smooth.

Key to keeping the diff fresh is your diff and car setting. The car must not be diffing out to keep the diff is in good shape. Many times in high bite, this is caused by suspension settings and not having a loose diff. Many people just keep tightening it an it goes bad quickly.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

This is the best hub for truing tires rear tires.

http://rccarprototypes.de/pages/produkte.php
Attached Thumbnails RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit-screen-shot-2015-05-08-11.45.03-am.jpg  
Old 05-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The conversion is "technically" for the 5.2, which uses damper tubes. The 5.1 will work just fine, but you do need to purchase the additional tubes to complete it. We sell the damper tubes at the store as well.
So will that be the only additional items I need to buy? I will be getting this even if it becomes a shelf queen since we dont do alot of 12th scale racing in Phoenix SRS started so here is to wishing
Old 05-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

So will that be the only additional items I need to buy? I will be getting this even if it becomes a shelf queen since we dont do alot of 12th scale racing in Phoenix SRS started so here is to wishing
Only thing is to get a bag of AS31305 Ballcups for your damper tubes. These will work great on you steering linkages as well. I can't think of anything else, aside for basic 12th scale items like shims, springs, etc...
Old 05-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Only thing is to get a bag of AS31305 Ballcups for your damper tubes. These will work great on you steering linkages as well. I can't think of anything else, aside for basic 12th scale items like shims, springs, etc...
Cool Subscribed
Old 05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason cheng
This is the best hub for truing tires rear tires.

http://rccarprototypes.de/pages/produkte.php
Looks good. I'm anal about runout on my truer. I actually use a dial indicator to check it. The truest one I've seen yet is the pro one rc arbor but I still got some wobble on the outside edge of the rears due to hub distortion. Fixed that by getting one of the pizza box looking things from Team Tamale:

http://ashfordhobby.com/SearchResult...eyWords=tamale

Now they come out dead on the money except one car that still shows a wobble on the right rear. Time for a new hub I guess.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Some New Items:

X12 Conversion for Old School Front End

RR12OS RR12 Old School Conversion for Old School Front End
Old 05-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
Looks good. I'm anal about runout on my truer. I actually use a dial indicator to check it. The truest one I've seen yet is the pro one rc arbor but I still got some wobble on the outside edge of the rears due to hub distortion. Fixed that by getting one of the pizza box looking things from Team Tamale:

http://ashfordhobby.com/SearchResult...eyWords=tamale

Now they come out dead on the money except one car that still shows a wobble on the right rear. Time for a new hub I guess.
Believe it or not, I had a graphite axle that was warped. Drove me nuts because graphite is either straight or broken, right?. Finally checked the run out on the axle and dang, there was the wobble.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Believe it or not, I had a graphite axle that was warped. Drove me nuts because graphite is either straight or broken, right?. Finally checked the run out on the axle and dang, there was the wobble.
Yeah I've seen that before too. My axle looks fine but haven't put the indicator on it yet so who knows.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Web site has all the words mixed together so you can't see what to click on
Old 05-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Lord

Web site has all the words mixed together so you can't see what to click on
Looks fine to me. Maybe try a different browser.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My RR12 came in! Yippee!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.