Like Tree291Likes

GT12 Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Don't have my second yet...
Dang still waiting huh, that's no good. Someone needs to light a fire under that guys you know what! People...

You got me pushing forward on the supastox, the close controlled racing is to much fun to miss out on!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The Sonic should be too. Tear it apart, clean the bearings and it's good as new.

Third chassis in the works, full upgrades and diff. Comes with an unpainted G903 (Audi) body.
Oh crap, I PM'd a guy about an assembled supastox kit w/ unpainted body during lunch. Just realized that's probably the third chassis your referring too. Did you buy it already? I haven't heard back from him yet.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic
I may do that to the Sonic, she doesn't need anything faster then that anyhow. So at what point does a motor need to be retired? any obvious signs? I recall reading somewhere about the magnets weakening with age or something like that?

Third chassis, nice! So you now have 3 supastox and Stan has 2 right?

If anyone comes across a used supastox for a decent price and doesn't want it let me know! I haven't bought a kit yet... try'n to do this on the cheap.
Well, I can't corner the market, but I can keep my eye out for fair deals. My intention is to sell the 3rd one to a club member. I'll know more once I have a shipping date or better yet car in hand.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Oh crap, I PM'd a guy about an assembled supastox kit w/ unpainted body during lunch. Just realized that's probably the third chassis your referring too. Did you buy it already? I haven't heard back from him yet.
I PMed him last week as the last update was June 27. He PMed me, It's paid for.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

I PMed him last week as the last update was June 27. He PMed me, It's paid for.
Ok good to know... I saw his post this am saying still for sale and got excited. Then I realized the car you described was one in the same...

Let me know how much you want for it if your selling it. I don't need the body, I want to try the Protoform.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dang still waiting huh, that's no good. Someone needs to light a fire under that guys you know what! People...

You got me pushing forward on the supastox, the close controlled racing is to much fun to miss out on!
No worries, should be today.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

PFM-12

Well, MP4-12C anyway. In Stan Garvin orange.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

PFM-12

Well, MP4-12C anyway. In Stan Garvin orange.
Stunning, no?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was thinking about setting rollout to 75mm and adding 1 timing mark at a time. I have the motor checker with, but even with a slave I'm not sure I'm getting real results when I tune the motor for 1S. I would think efficiency is efficiency at reduced input voltage. I'm replacing my Z3R as I'm trying to prove a point about cheap club racing.
I ran a Dynamite and Reedy Sonic Mach II in mine. The Dynamite was on about 30deg at 68mm rollout and the Reedy on 35 deg with 65mm rollout.

The Reedy was better across the run, but initially I over-geared it at 70mm rollout. When I realised it was not revving out on the straight and dropped the ratio to 65mm rollout, it was better all round.

Every motor/timing combination is different, but I feel that 75mm is too high on this car. Taking the weight and the inefficient suspension into account (there's more wheel scrub and you have to slow into the turns as the car is more inclined to rollover in sharp direction changes) a lower rollout allowing the motor to rev and pick up speed quickly was faster round the lap. YMMV. HTH
Old 09-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Stunning, no?
You might even have to paint up some black wheels.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I ran a Dynamite and Reedy Sonic Mach II in mine. The Dynamite was on about 30deg at 68mm rollout and the Reedy on 35 deg with 65mm rollout.

The Reedy was better across the run, but initially I over-geared it at 70mm rollout. When I realised it was not revving out on the straight and dropped the ratio to 65mm rollout, it was better all round.

Every motor/timing combination is different, but I feel that 75mm is too high on this car. Taking the weight and the inefficient suspension into account (there's more wheel scrub and you have to slow into the turns as the car is more inclined to rollover in sharp direction changes) a lower rollout allowing the motor to rev and pick up speed quickly was faster round the lap. YMMV. HTH
Last night I ran my Reedy at 64mm RO and it was indeed perfect.

Not much I don't like about the car actually. I value the simplicity and durability.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Last night I ran my Reedy at 64mm RO and it was indeed perfect.

Not much I don't like about the car actually. I value the simplicity and durability.
Our cars were pretty evenly matched and mine wasn't lacking acceleration. What was your timing and tire measurement? I have to get a new caliper... The Trackstar goes from it's zero point and maxes out around 35* actual. It also happens to be the point where I get an additional 2000 rpm at a cost of 1.6 Amps compared to the out of the box 19500 rmp @ .8A. I actually went from a 31 pinion to a 33 pinion and motor temps were still unreal, 117* @ 8 minutes. Rollout was somewhere near 71mm.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Stunning, no?
Absolutely. I've ordered some. Being made here in the states, I will guess it's the body of choice soon.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Absolutely. I've ordered some. Being made here in the states, I will guess it's the body of choice soon.
I will guess that once you have tried a Kamtec Ascari body (also sold by Schumacher as the Type A) it will no longer be the body of choice!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I will guess that once you have tried a Kamtec Ascari body (also sold by Schumacher as the Type A) it will no longer be the body of choice!
Running the "light" version of that body now.

Awesome!

955g, running weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.