Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Ken, Shawn, John, Alex, Ian, Dirla, Andrew, Dave and the entire group that put this thing together this year!! You guys put in a lot of time and effort to save one of the greatest races for decades! From someone who first came to the Champs in the '80s as a kid who just watched (I wasn't allowed to race there until I was good enough), it was great to be back at the Champs where the race felt alive with solid competition and just having a great time at the race.

I know there were some grumblings about me running 17.5 as I did in Denver. I'm not a true "Pro" anymore with really Lemieux and Herbert being the only ones of those in the on-road scene today. However, I really did enjoy racing with everyone in the 17.5 class and I think Mike, Andrew and Dana all showed that they probably had the speed to run with or beat me but lucky for me, I made less little mistakes.

Really looking forward to next year now!! I hope everyone had a blast at the event and will be back out next year!!
Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hustler
Wow, unstickied already. This sport is movin', people! lol

I just wanted to thank the racers and manufacturers for supporting the U.S. Indoor Champs at Cleveland this year. I think that this race was prematurely written off by some and I'm so happy that others had the vision and guts to step up. It wasn't perfect by any means, but we already have changes in discussion to make the 2015 U.S. Indoor Champs simply mind blowing. If you didn't go this year, put us on your calendar next year. This will be a race to experience. November 26th to the 30th, 2015. All will be welcome.

We are here to say that Cleveland is back. We will take a few weeks off to lick our wounds and regroup. If you have suggestions, comments, criticisms, even want to whine about things, we welcome all comments. Email us at [email protected], or find us on Facebook, or IM me here & on Hobbytalk. I will listen.

I would like to thank Ken and John for putting up with my @#%^. Without these two guys, the Champs would not have happened. Between the three of us, we were guaranteed to come up with one good answer to whatever problem we came upon.

Thank you to Alex "the Beast" Kubilus for his never ending source of energy and drive that made set up and tear down possible. Pound for pound this guy has more drive than anyone on the planet, without a doubt.

Thank you to Andrew Knapp who laid the perfect carpet on top of a dreadful subfloor (which won't be an issue in 2015).

Thank you to Ian Ruggles for calling killer mains and being just the right amount of character that we needed this year. It wouldn't be the Champs without you there, bro.

Thank you to Robert Dirla who provided the Live RC feed, his RC Scoring Pro knowledge, and comic relief in the VTA main.

Thank you to Tony and Colleen Scisient who loaded and unloaded the whole track/subfloor, constant running to this store and that for odds and ends and then they also ran tech all weekend. They did a monumental amount of work.

Thank you to Dave Morrow who helped run tech all weekend in return for just one t-shirt. You're worth way more than that, bro.

Thank you to Eric and CD Wells for the Bose P/A system. That was an amazing amount of sound out of one box.

Thank you to Snowy for all the pictures. That's one durable lens, lol.

Thank you to Mike McBride for all his unique online shenanigans. His humor is what kept things light.

Thank you to the Gate crew for being the hobby shop. You guys did a lot of work and supported the Champs yet again. I hope it was beneficial for NORCAR. If anyone wants to see how a track should be run, go to their facility and race.

Thank you to Anthony Searls at Hella Graffix for the killer logo/branding and amazing trophies. If anyone wants to instantly make their race more professional, call this man.

Thank you to Frank Calandra for having the faith to leave your favorite race in our hands. Without that perfect carpet, the weekend would have been no bueno.

We will see you at the MWGS races, under new the management of Mike Wise, and the Midwest Throttle Junkies races, a new brain child of Dan Cook and stay tuned for pictures and postings on this thread over the coming weeks.

If you have old photos of previous Champs, or even anecdotes to provide, please email them to us to share on our website.

Thank you all one more time and stay tuned for pics/results of this year's race along with details on next year's event that is already taking shape.

-Sean
Thanks for the shout out Sean. I was a little concerned if the Bose had the guts to pull the show off after so many years of bringing the bigger set up.. But the I was impressed with it and the clarity it produced.

Looking forward to next year...
Old 12-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Ken, Shawn, John, Alex, Ian, Dirla, Andrew, Dave and the entire group that put this thing together this year!! You guys put in a lot of time and effort to save one of the greatest races for decades! From someone who first came to the Champs in the '80s as a kid who just watched (I wasn't allowed to race there until I was good enough), it was great to be back at the Champs where the race felt alive with solid competition and just having a great time at the race.

I know there were some grumblings about me running 17.5 as I did in Denver. I'm not a true "Pro" anymore with really Lemieux and Herbert being the only ones of those in the on-road scene today. However, I really did enjoy racing with everyone in the 17.5 class and I think Mike, Andrew and Dana all showed that they probably had the speed to run with or beat me but lucky for me, I made less little mistakes.

Really looking forward to next year now!! I hope everyone had a blast at the event and will be back out next year!!
Josh, Thank you! All I did, was a little bit of announcing. You know this is a labour of love that the folks involved take on because of the tradition, spirit of competition, and family environment this race has always embodied.

I also really enjoyed the fact that you ran WGT and 17.5. Always nice to be able to measure one's self against the best. I had a great time figuring out how to get out of your way without taking one, or both of us, out LOL.

This has ALWAYS been my favorite race, the turnout may be lower than some of the other races, but it still pulls most of best drivers in North America.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 12-03-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Has anyone seen podium pictures posted anywhere? Ive only seen the tq pictures
Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Yes I've been waiting for those too
Old 12-05-2014, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
Yes I've been waiting for those too
We got those in our E-mail Wed. I think Sean was getting those on his photobucket account so he could post them here, I'll follow up with him today to make sure it happens
Old 12-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

podium pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124242...7649627674435/