2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 U.S. Indoor Champs, Cleveland, OH November 27th - 30th

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Had a good time at the race. I'll try to be back next year.

Last edited by Blitz81; 12-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally wanna thank Dave Johnson for being a good sport about the verbal abuse I doled out to him all weekend long.

Rumor has it, he may be running a different class than VTA next year. I heard rumors he was trying to get a forged birth certificate to run in the Kids Spec 12th class,
Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want to say thank you to everyone involved from the promoters, tech staff, volunteers, racers, friends, familys, sponsors, and fans. This was my first Indoor Champs. what I learned will be a HUGE plus to me going forward. Nothing is perfect, but it was the same for everyone. I made some new friends, and had an incredible time. THANK YOU!!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice work fellas. I stopped by to watch the third round. Great layout and while there were some dips on the track (and apparently off the track as well) they didn't seem to affect the quality of the racing. And that is racing, adapting to the conditions as well as the competition. As for manufacturers stacking a class, it seems proof that the race matters, a "problem" most any race organizer would want to have.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

As someone who doesn't get to race as much as I would like I have to admit I was a bit turned off by Josh running 17.5 1/12th. After finishing the event I have to thank him for pushing to find something I didn't know for sure was still in there. There is nothing like competing against the best competition out there. That is what the US Indoor Champs has always been about in my mind.

When all is said and done I changed one thing on my car from what I unloaded with. The only thing I had to really change was my outlook. I left with a great chance to win that I didn't capitalize on. That is not Josh's fault.

What bumps?

Dana Bailes
Old 12-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dbailes
As someone who doesn't get to race as much as I would like I have to admit I was a bit turned off by Josh running 17.5 1/12th. After finishing the event I have to thank him for pushing to find something I didn't know for sure was still in there. There is nothing like competing against the best competition out there. That is what the US Indoor Champs has always been about in my mind.

When all is said and done I changed one thing on my car from what I unloaded with. The only thing I had to really change was my outlook. I left with a great chance to win that I didn't capitalize on. That is not Josh's fault.

What bumps?

Dana Bailes
Well stated, "my friend Dana Bailes"!

(I hope John Peoples doesn't have that statement copyrighted)
Old 12-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cant believe Dirla let Dave beat him in VTA,,,smh...lol
Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow, unstickied already. This sport is movin', people! lol

I just wanted to thank the racers and manufacturers for supporting the U.S. Indoor Champs at Cleveland this year. I think that this race was prematurely written off by some and I'm so happy that others had the vision and guts to step up. It wasn't perfect by any means, but we already have changes in discussion to make the 2015 U.S. Indoor Champs simply mind blowing. If you didn't go this year, put us on your calendar next year. This will be a race to experience. November 26th to the 30th, 2015. All will be welcome.

We are here to say that Cleveland is back. We will take a few weeks off to lick our wounds and regroup. If you have suggestions, comments, criticisms, even want to whine about things, we welcome all comments. Email us at [email protected], or find us on Facebook, or IM me here & on Hobbytalk. I will listen.

I would like to thank Ken and John for putting up with my @#%^. Without these two guys, the Champs would not have happened. Between the three of us, we were guaranteed to come up with one good answer to whatever problem we came upon.

Thank you to Alex "the Beast" Kubilus for his never ending source of energy and drive that made set up and tear down possible. Pound for pound this guy has more drive than anyone on the planet, without a doubt.

Thank you to Andrew Knapp who laid the perfect carpet on top of a dreadful subfloor (which won't be an issue in 2015).

Thank you to Ian Ruggles for calling killer mains and being just the right amount of character that we needed this year. It wouldn't be the Champs without you there, bro.

Thank you to Robert Dirla who provided the Live RC feed, his RC Scoring Pro knowledge, and comic relief in the VTA main.

Thank you to Tony and Colleen Scisent who loaded and unloaded the whole track/subfloor, constant running to this store and that for odds and ends and then they also ran tech all weekend. They did a monumental amount of work.

Thank you to Dave Morrow who helped run tech all weekend in return for just one t-shirt. You're worth way more than that, bro.

Thank you to Eric and CD Wells for the Bose P/A system. That was an amazing amount of sound out of one box.

Thank you to Snowy for all the pictures. That's one durable lens, lol.

Thank you to Mike McBride for all his unique online shenanigans. His humor is what kept things light.

Thank you to the Gate crew for being the hobby shop. You guys did a lot of work and supported the Champs yet again. I hope it was beneficial for NORCAR. If anyone wants to see how a track should be run, go to their facility and race.

Thank you to Anthony Searls at Hella Graffix for the killer logo/branding and amazing trophies. If anyone wants to instantly make their race more professional, call this man.

Thank you to Frank Calandra for having the faith to leave your favorite race in our hands. Without that perfect carpet, the weekend would have been no bueno.

We will see you at the MWGS races, under new the management of Mike Wise, and the Midwest Throttle Junkies races, a new brain child of Dan Cook and stay tuned for pictures and postings on this thread over the coming weeks.

If you have old photos of previous Champs, or even anecdotes to provide, please email them to us to share on our website.

Thank you all one more time and stay tuned for pics/results of this year's race along with details on next year's event that is already taking shape.

-Sean

Last edited by Hustler; 12-03-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
cant believe Dirla let Dave beat him in VTA,,,smh...lol
Trust me the NOVAK sensor board that failed to work after i adjusted the timing beat me, not Dave.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Big thanks you to the organisation for the superbe race ! We were 6 guys from Quebec, Canada who drive 9 hours to race at the US Indoor Champ. It's was also nice to see our local superstar, Keven Hebert, in action since he is not at home often !

Personally, I had a blast this week-end. Unfortunately, I missed the big show in Touring 17.5 Stock by not that much (11 on the grid). I will be back next year !

Last edited by Penz316; 12-02-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hustler
Thank you to Snowy for all the pictures. That's one durable lens, lol.
Where will we be able to find pics of the weekend online?

That being said:

I'm a long-time oval racer. I've been involved in this hobby since 1986. I've always read about the Champs in the industry mags like Car Action and Competition Plus (whatever happened to on-road race coverage in RCCA, anyways?). I moved up here about three and a half years ago, and the first track I went to was The Gate - and the first big race I experienced up here was the 2011 Champs.

This was my first time *competing* at the Champs - and first time running *any* type of on-road since about, oh...1991. I struggled a little bit; that was to be expected. I had set some goals for myself this weekend:

1) Finish a race without breaking anything (did that in Round 1).

2) Finish a race better than I did the first time (I did that in round 2).

3) NOT finish dead-last in the class - and I did that in the B-main.

All in all, it was a pretty decent weekend; I took the car home in one piece, and made it home before 4:00pm Sunday afternoon.

Thanks, and looking forward to tryin' it all again next year.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BulletMan
any eta on the video?
still wondering if vids will be up anywhere
Old 12-03-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BulletMan
still wondering if vids will be up anywhere
Not sure who took video, RC50.com had a live feed set up for liverc and we have a bunch of pics that will be up on the facebook page shortly.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JimmyMack12
Where will we be able to find pics of the weekend online?
Originally Posted by Essnowyt
I just posted all the photos that I took to both Flickr and Facebook.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/248956...7649153725008/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9b4ef118de
Snowy.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterhit
Sounds like we have next years construction foreman and spec motor class developer volunteer!

Mike Slaughter
fyi I run the track crew for 35 yrs. FROM DAY ONE!! you must be new! fyi in 1981 the U.S. indoor champs voted to stop all PROS or MOD drivers from running Stock Class!

Last edited by WAYNE SR; 12-03-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.