R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree27Likes

Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #3421
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubs View Post
Most others I've seen used red. But I wouldn't​ be surprised if he was using the harder set(pink or purple) as well since he thought the Tamiya springs were too soft.
I personally use purple front and red rear progressives for my 419x on asphalt. Was from the last year Marc Reinhard setup.
Tom1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #3422
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1977 View Post
I personally use purple front and red rear progressives for my 419x on asphalt. Was from the last year Marc Reinhard setup.
Yeah I think the most important piece of information is that he was using progressive smj, drivers should use the colors that are appropriate for their track conditions.
nubs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #3423
Tech Addict

Default Tamiya 51293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Is the point that the 51293 has a better material than the 54031, or does the 54031 not fit the 419x?

Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #3424
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Anyone know what the progressive springs are that he used?
Mentions SMJ's
His setup will likely come up on Petit RC soon...
Old 06-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #3425
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
Is the point that the 51293 has a better material than the 54031, or does the 54031 not fit the 419x?

His point is:

51293 glass fiber injected mold plastic = less brittle on impact

54031 carbon fiber reinforced plastic = more brittle on impact
Old 06-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #3426
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1977 View Post
His point is:

51293 glass fiber injected mold plastic = less brittle on impact

54031 carbon fiber reinforced plastic = more brittle on impact
OK, clear. What is the application/use for the 54031 then?
Old 06-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #3427
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
OK, clear. What is the application/use for the 54031 then?
Same as 51293 but harder material. If you are not prone to crash your car at full speed regulary you can choose the harder version.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #3428
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Guys, what's your opinion on the 419x... still competitive? I've been out of TC for a few years now but have always loved TRF quality, even ran for Tamiya USA for a while. I'm seeing some good deals on kits floating around everywhere, but am worried with little development this car may not be competitive in a season or two, maybe even now... such is the case with TC, development is very rapid.

If you all think objectively as a pay-for-everything privateer for a moment and not as a Tamiya fan-boy like myself, would you pull the trigger on a kit that's been in existence for over a year now? Car will be run in Mod, against the likes of EJ Evans, Lex Tyler, Ethan Erchinger, Gonzalo Cortes, Eric Albano, Clements.... the usual fast NorCal suspects. It's silly... but part of my leaning towards the 419x is I still have a lot of old parts and gear from the 416/417/418s I ran in the past that I don't know what to do with.

I appreciate all of your guys' insights!

Martin M.
StickyFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #3429
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingaz View Post
Guys, what's your opinion on the 419x... still competitive? I've been out of TC for a few years now but have always loved TRF quality, even ran for Tamiya USA for a while. I'm seeing some good deals on kits floating around everywhere, but am worried with little development this car may not be competitive in a season or two, maybe even now... such is the case with TC, development is very rapid.

If you all think objectively as a pay-for-everything privateer for a moment and not as a Tamiya fan-boy like myself, would you pull the trigger on a kit that's been in existence for over a year now? Car will be run in Mod, against the likes of EJ Evans, Lex Tyler, Ethan Erchinger, Gonzalo Cortes, Eric Albano, Clements.... the usual fast NorCal suspects. It's silly... but part of my leaning towards the 419x is I still have a lot of old parts and gear from the 416/417/418s I ran in the past that I don't know what to do with.

Martin M.
I see no reason why 419x should not be competitive anymore. Most TC's are very similar buildt today. If you like Tamiya and have experience with other Tam-kits, buy it, especially the new XWS-kit. 419x has generally very good part quality. Only diff is a bit tricky to get leak free. But there is a new aluminium hop up to solve this problem.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #3430
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:

Martin M.
I think your assessment is right on. As you mentioned the lack of development is really starting to show. Newer developments in the TC scene like pitch control or active rear suspension are only available by fitting other manufacturers parts.

I run the 419X locally in 17.5 TC, and am usually mid-pack.

I went through the same thought exercise as you a few weeks ago and ended up purchasing an A800X for my next kit.
B. Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #3431
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

The 419X works with the right setup, I just watch the ETS Hudy arena and the winner
of Stock class won A1 & A3 with 419X over a top notch field, click here to see video.

I myself have the old 419 and the new 800X, and my Awesomatix is better but
my 419 is no slouch and has beaten some 800 before, so it comes down to
skill level & setup.
Stein Tumert likes this.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 PM   #3432
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Santos View Post
I think your assessment is right on. As you mentioned the lack of development is really starting to show. Newer developments in the TC scene like pitch control or active rear suspension are only available by fitting other manufacturers parts.

I went through the same thought exercise as you a few weeks ago and ended up purchasing an A800X for my next kit.
That is sad but understandable.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:37 PM   #3433
Tech Master

Quote:

Martin M.
EJ's Top Saber is 3 years old. The 419x is a great car that most of us just don't have the skill set no matter what chassis were using to drive against the best around
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #3434
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Santos View Post

I will bet you you'll hit the same fast laps with the 419x as the awesomatix
Old 06-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #3435
Tech Master

I think I will break out my 414 to prove it