Search
Like Tree254Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcika
Hi,

Can you pls post your setup sheet to have a good starting base?
I just installed the new LP towers with mini big bore dampers and didnt find my car consistent. I am not sure what went wrong but sure I need to test the car with this lower setting a lot more.

I filled dampers with 350 oil (3 holes) and used HPI silver springs and missed traction. I was not able to install yokomo blue due to ride hight issue (it didnt go below 5.5mm). With MM pink silvers (all around) was ok, but slow.
I am sure it is a good improvement but need to find the settings for it :-) which I was very close with KIT one, after 1 year test .
My biggest issue with the car was it pushed all the time, which was very strange (silver-silver) then with pink-silver it went ok, later I adjusted rear block to 2 degree and that was too much.
I think for this set up the key is to find the good spring...

Thanks
Marton
Hi marton

Here is a good setup for the 25mm towers.

http://www.thercracer.com/2016/01/trf419-low-profile-towers-dessel-track.html

Quite a few guys are running Yok Blues here with the towers and have no ride height issues. Although the X-Gear (muchmore) ones along with the HPi's are really popular with them.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Fibre-lyte 25mm... I am going to order 20mm version also with x-ray springs...
Originally Posted by 190mph
Which LP Shock Towers you have? Fibre-Lyte Low 25mm or Super Low 20mm design or something else?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Thx, if you have the chance can you pls ask lenght of the yokomo springs your friends are using? I think issue is with lenght of my yok springs...xgear are just great.
Originally Posted by Qatmix
Hi marton

Here is a good setup for the 25mm towers.

http://www.thercracer.com/2016/01/trf419-low-profile-towers-dessel-track.html

Quite a few guys are running Yok Blues here with the towers and have no ride height issues. Although the X-Gear (muchmore) ones along with the HPi's are really popular with them.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

When using the 20mm towers you will have to run some short shocks such as Xray T4, Yokomo SLF Short Shock or Tamiya TB Evo 6 with some changes likely. See the post below by Qatmix:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/14375222-post2317.html
Old 02-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Thx, if you have the chance can you pls ask lenght of the yokomo springs your friends are using? I think issue is with lenght of my yok springs...xgear are just great.
I've just checked mine. I have 4 and they range from 24.98 - 25.07
Old 02-22-2016, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Thx, so i need to change my springs...

one more question: will "20mm" tower work with mini big bore shocks using x-ray springs? Or i should buy x-ray shocks...i dont have evo version shock just regular one.

I've just checked mine. I have 4 and they range from 24.98 - 25.07
Old 02-22-2016, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Thx, so i need to change my springs...

one more question: will "20mm" tower work with mini big bore shocks using x-ray springs? Or i should buy x-ray shocks...i dont have evo version shock just regular one.
Personally I would go with the X-Gear springs.

As to the 20mm towers. I use my TB evo shocks (The same size as the mini big bore shocks) with them. I did modify the rear plastic ball cup joint (Filed 0.5mm off) its a cheap part and I have loads. This allows the car to bottom out as otherwise it was just off the ground.

I use the Xray springs 2.5 - 2.7 progressive on the front, and sometimes use the same on the rear, or the 2.6 linear ones on the rear.

I have 400 cst oil in the shocks with these springs. I have been running the 20mm low ones for a while (Although I generally prefer the 25mm spring towers as I like the extra spring response). However I have got a great set-up now and have managed to get the car running really well with them at the moment. (Managed a track record, and have won 5 consecutive TC club meetings at a couple of clubs) so I will copy my set-up and post it later today/tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome!i will do the same...keep mini big bore shocks and adjust as you said.
Thanks for the comment, looking forward your set up! I need to beat the local guys, I am the only trf guy here ! Rest run x-ray, awesomatics...
20mm towers just on the way to me

As to the 20mm towers. I use my TB evo shocks (The same size as the mini big bore shocks) with them. I did modify the rear plastic ball cup joint (Filed 0.5mm off) its a cheap part and I have loads. This allows the car to bottom out as otherwise it was just off the ground.

I use the Xray springs 2.5 - 2.7 progressive on the front, and sometimes use the same on the rear, or the 2.6 linear ones on the rear.

I have 400 cst oil in the shocks with these springs. I have been running the 20mm low ones for a while (Although I generally prefer the 25mm spring towers as I like the extra spring response). However I have got a great set-up now and have managed to get the car running really well with them at the moment. (Managed a track record, and have won 5 consecutive TC club meetings at a couple of clubs) so I will copy my set-up and post it later today/tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know if 5.5 to 6mm ride height is possible with the fybrelite LP shock towers using the standard kit trf419 dampers and 25mm springs or 23mm springs ? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=rtenzo02;14406570]Does anyone know if 5.5 to 6mm ride height is possible with the fybrelite LP shock towers using the standard kit trf419 dampers and 25mm springs or 23mm springs ? Thanks.[/QUOTE

I am sure I checked the kit dampers and 20mm springs (X-ray springs) and it was ok. I will have another look and check.

My 419 is in bits ATM as there is another prototype part I'm experimenting with
Old 02-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Any suggestion for after-market front swing shaft? Heard that Spec-R make good ones but not sure about the part number.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Qatmix;14407038][QUOTE=rtenzo02;14406570]Does anyone know if 5.5 to 6mm ride height is possible with the fybrelite LP shock towers using the standard kit trf419 dampers and 25mm springs or 23mm springs ? Thanks.[/QUOTE

I am sure I checked the kit dampers and 20mm springs (X-ray springs) and it was ok. I will have another look and check.

Thanks Qatmix
Old 02-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Hi-Pls post the winning setup !many thanks

Old 02-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Here is the set-up I am using.

Was winning tonight at another track until I got took out on the last lap

http://www.thercracer.com/2016/02/ta...le-towers.html
Old 02-27-2016, 03:16 AM
Tech Adept

Thx for the link, sorry about last lap....

Two questions for the setup, i pretty much used the same:
1. Rear damper is also short or KIT as you marked?

2. Rebound stroke 3mm, what does it mean in your setup? My understanding is as follows: when assembling damper, 3mm is out (25-30% of total lenght) when closing the cap. (For asphalt it is 0)

I assume kit c hubs used ad well as kit ball (h5- 1mm already in the ball), so bump steering is 2.5mm.

Thanks again!

Here is the set-up I am using.

Was winning tonight at another track until I got took out on the last lap

http://www.thercracer.com/2016/02/ta...le-towers.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.