Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree254Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Cool, Are these the low towers for the 25mm springs, or the new super low ones? (for 20mm only springs). I cant quite tell at that angle.
I think it's the shock towers for 25mm Springs. These are not the Raceberry shock towers.

The XRay damper fit very well.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF419-tower.jpg  
Old 01-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks. Can't wait to hear how you find it

I have fitted the X-ray sprngs to my TRF short shocks and shaved 0.5mm of the top of the Lower shock ball connector and rear can now hit the deck at the rear.

I will test the ultra low profile towers tonight. I have been told that the 2.5-2.8 progressive springs front and 2.6 at the rear are a good starting point for carpet.

Last edited by Qatmix; 01-14-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Got my shock towers yesterday. Will use them at the ETS race next month. Why is everyone using the xray shocks? I've got the shorter big bore tamiya shocks from the EVO 6 and planned to use these.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Diavel
Got my shock towers yesterday. Will use them at the ETS race next month. Why is everyone using the xray shocks? I've got the shorter big bore tamiya shocks from the EVO 6 and planned to use these.
I wanted to test them, and will also test the t-shox as well.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Diavel
I think the Raceberry ones are made for the X-ray shocks as they only use 20mm Spring. The ones I made for 25mm springs work with a range of shocks (I know a guy that is using vbc shocks, Simmi has fitted the X-ray shocks, but most are using the Evo 6 shocks).

The super low ones I made also work well with the X-Ray shocks I have had that confirmed today

so updated the article, and also changed the order info with a link.
http://www.thercracer.com/2016/01/ta...w-profile.html

Btw, do the X-ray shocks work with longer springs like Yok Blues? I only ask as some X-ray guys change shocks to run longer springs.

Last edited by Qatmix; 01-14-2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello
I have samix aluminum plate and still have not tried it, because I noticed that most players use standart TRF carbon plate. At my local competitions on the carpet, I'm the only guy from Tamiya, so I have no comparison, conditions are very specific because, usually at the beginning of adhesion is very low but towards the end of the adhesion increases rapidly, thereby feel that the model is going well, but only in slow parts of the track, but a high-speed corners back slides and very unstable. Is the aluminum plate will help to eliminate this effect, or maybe my setup is bad?

Old 01-16-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

My Car is now ready nearly

Because I need 25mm Springs to get the right height. I tried the X-Gear and it will work with the XRay shocks. Next time I will check my other springs like Yokomo or HPI Silver on those shocks.

My 418 dampers with Yokomo springs were too long for the Towers.
I made my shocks with no rebound for carpet but I must say I liked my TRF shocks more
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF419-ready.jpg  
Old 01-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

@J. Kłapacz

You use a 13,5 Motor and the carbon chassis work better. Play with your camber front 1,5 and rear 2 degree.

Shock rear in hole 2.

I think thats a very nice setup for you.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=J. Kłapacz;14348692]Hello
I have samix aluminum plate and still have not tried it, because I noticed that most players use standart TRF carbon plate. At my local competitions on the carpet, I'm the only guy from Tamiya, so I have no comparison, conditions are very specific because, usually at the beginning of adhesion is very low but towards the end of the adhesion increases rapidly, thereby feel that the model is going well, but only in slow parts of the track, but a high-speed corners back slides and very unstable. Is the aluminum plate will help to eliminate this effect, or maybe my setup is bad?

I've never ran those tires. Try glueing the side walls on your tires when traction comes up. It helps with what your describing.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Simmi
@J. Kłapacz

You use a 13,5 Motor and the carbon chassis work better. Play with your camber front 1,5 and rear 2 degree.

Shock rear in hole 2.

I think thats a very nice setup for you.
I changed the camber because the tires wear out from the inside, which is another reason for the tire wear on the inside, after 10 minutes on the track had "the ring of death"
Old 01-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I run the new shock towers with my evo6 shocks on hpi pink and silvers. Car felt ok but the indoor carpet track was very cold struggling to get heat into the tyres. Will try my yok springs next week. I did try 350cst oil but found it was far too soft went back to 450 which I will probably stay at.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by J. Kłapacz
Hello

Hey,

I would check stabilizator if it is free to move (some hit can make it fix ;() and play a bit with droop, looks to low, 6-5, 7-6 should work on carpet!rear damper in hole 3.
Attach my recent setup, car was very stable, could have been a bit quicker , but felt good.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF419-image.jpg  
Old 01-16-2016, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You guys using the center of the outer hinge pins at the end of the suspension arms for the droop figures in your setup sheets as the sheet points to?

Or the bottom of the arm underneath the outer hinge pin sitting on your droop step measure tool?
Old 01-16-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im getting ready to rebuild my gear diff and read back on page 56 that replacing the bushings with bearings was not a good idea. As of now my diff is pretty smooth and leak free. I was thinking about rebuilding it with some ceramic bearings but if its going to be a problem then hoping your feedback will save me the hassle.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 190mph
You guys using the center of the outer hinge pins at the end of the suspension arms for the droop figures in your setup sheets as the sheet points to?

Or the bottom of the arm underneath the outer hinge pin sitting on your droop step measure tool?
Hi,

I measure on the outer point when it can flately lay on it.
After proper setting made (7-6) I also measure how much it can upward travel the car still while the wheels still remain on the ground. This is what i check/adjust. Front 1.2-1.7mm, rear 1.7-2.5mm range upward travel i prefer, depends on the grip level, 0.8-1mm difference between front&rear setting on carpet, on asphalt a bit bigger difference. 2mm (6-4 droop)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.