Search

Project RC BMW ///M3

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Hey Viper,

The cars look good! Is that Metallic Orange? If so, I just did a e92 that color.
It is indeed! I like the E92 in the Metallic orange, thanks for post it up!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

So I didn't get a chance to race st yet, but was able to get both cars chassis set up withe the help of long time club member Gary, Thanks! Also thanks to Danny for for lending me the set up station, and Mike for the set of AA's for my Tx.

I have a lot of work and practice, as well as a lot of learning to do. It should be fun!

Danny the WCICS Mod Winner

Dennis, also a fellow 1:1 AutoX racer

Some club Cars

Gary helping me on the tricks of chassis setup for the TC6.2

TC6.1 setup

Club Racing Action

Maiden run of the TC6.2. It ran okay as set, needs some minor adjustments as recommended by Gary.

I didn't run the TC6.as the body was a bit low need to make some adjustments.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats really cool Viper, In my opinion, your cars are too beautiful to race. But racing is a lot of fun.

Have you thought about getting one of those Hudy 1/10 set up stations? I was telling a buddy of mine the other day that since I work on my 1/10's so much, I might as well get one. It is amazing how far off sets ups can be when you're eyeballing it opposed to using a set up station. Think that will be my next RC purchase.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Evo! The cars and bodies are designed for Racing, so I may as well

A set-up station is a must have and they say the Hudy is the best! I have a Spec Setup station, that is really a 1/8 on road system. I can't imagine not having one. I'm lucky the club always has one, or somebody else has one, however I may add a 1/10th kit to my tools one day. I did just order a Hudy set-up board.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

I'm starting to get legit!

I've been collecting a few more tools like 1/10 setup station, board, Pit light, turnbuckle wrenches..etc.. And I picked up a Racers Edge Haul Bag to carry it all. I was wanting a Hudy, but could not find one for a reasonable price with shipping, so this one will have to do..

Its a 1/8 scale hauler, which will fit a buggy/truggy, but it does not fit my 1/8th GTs. Oh well, it carries lots of tools with it's 4 drawers. Can't wait to test it all out at the club this weekend!

Old 10-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Viper,

I recently picked up a 1/10 hudy set up station, and man, it was really worth it. Cool haul bag. Now you have to get out there and win some races!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Do you have issues with the drawers sticking closed in your bag? I have a very similar Trinity T8 hauler bag, and some of the drawers are almost impossible to slide in and out. I can't really tell why though, unless they are warped somehow.

I may need to ditch it and get a new one.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Viper,

I recently picked up a 1/10 hudy set up station, and man, it was really worth it. Cool haul bag. Now you have to get out there and win some races!

Thanks Man! The Hudy SS is said to be the best of the best. I went with the Integy Universal, as the price was right and it will do for my needs. It would be nice to win some races, but I will just be happy to compete. I use to be pretty good back in the day, however the kids these days have mad driving skillz and chassis setup intelligence

How is that beast of a car 747 with the monster motor working out, any videos?

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
Do you have issues with the drawers sticking closed in your bag? I have a very similar Trinity T8 hauler bag, and some of the drawers are almost impossible to slide in and out. I can't really tell why though, unless they are warped somehow.

I may need to ditch it and get a new one.
Stick as in not come out at all? The drawers do have some friction, however I suspect that's to be expected based on the design. You could try repositioning the Velcro dividers to achieve smoother operation. That is if the Trinity bag is assembled like the Racers Edge.

M325i, if you're out there report back with how those mini cars and Mini Z cars are working for you. I think I may want 1 or 2 of them as well. It would be great if the club would race them
Old 10-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

It was a good day of racing at the club! I was pretty far off the pace, but I survived as well as my equipment. I have a lot to learn and a lot to practice on, but it should be a good journey with the help of all the knowledgeable club members.

The big things would be perception and relevance. Our club track is a very small track, as such I found the cars move very fast relative to the time and space.. Stuff happens very fast!! Before you know it I have too much speed into the corner.

Smoothness... I need to work on this, and hopefully the consistency and speed may come.

Car set-up.. What can I say, so much to learn here, and I expect it to take some time, however it's fun trying to sort this out.

Pit management, I need to be a bit better at this, but did not bad... So many things to work on, but small steps

Nick, checking my ESC set-up on Tekin Hotwire

The pit of a veteran Mr Lanzer

The pit of a noob, me

Gary's Serpent

Danny's WIP T4' 15

My car after a few rounds of qualifying. Love the skid marks on the hood!

Gary's Serpent

Jockeying for position

Dennis's ride

My car after the B Main final

I wasn't going to clean it and leave it as battle scars, however the club shamed me into cleaning it all off, saying it's an embarrassment
Old 10-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

You'll get there my man. You're taking small strides and you are humble. It will serve you well.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

You'll get there my man. You're taking small strides and you are humble. It will serve you well.
Thanks EVO! I appreciate your words of encouragement! I'm looking forward to the next outing. The tough part right now is just learning the are behaviors and adapting to it. I'm not ingrained yet to know if it car set up that requires adjusting or just learn go to drive it. I've had good help, but at the end of the day it is my row to hoe.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

I received my setup station and proceeded to check my car after a day of racing and another day of practicing. It hadn't change much if at all. Which was nice to see as I hit the boards pretty hard at times

I then adjusted the setup to approximate Andrew Cartwright's - High Grip Carpet. I was pretty close with the exception being the droop. I was at about 7-8mm, versus the 5.5mm. Also my AC's has 0 Toe, and less camber. I'm looking forward to how it feels. Even though I'll have to redo it once I get the Yokomo springs, and rebuild the shocks.

Integy Universal Setup Station. I ordered it in Red, as I liked how it looked all "Stop! We're adjusting stuff" and such

Comparing to AC's setup

Done

Here is Andrew Cartwright's Setup sheet for anybody interested.

Checked the balance of my tires after 2 rounds, they are still in good balance

Had to replace my fan as the blades tagged the mount during practice. It shifted the blade and its motor mount so it was bound up. It smelt like smoked electronic when I pitted, however I was able to free the fan and it ran after, although noisy and much slower... I ordered a few Yeah Racing Tornados, and got a replacement at the LHS for the time being. I set my timing of my motor to +50, after the fan packed in I ran it with out the fan and my temps were at 174F after +8mins of running.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Whats up Viper,

To answer your earlier question, the 2 747 projects are going very well. So much so I decided to sell all of my other rc cars and just focus on those two. The 1/8 motor / wide foams / E92 combo is very satisfying to me. I was thinking about getting a xray t4 '15 for track service, but knowing myself, I would go against the grain and trick it out and get blacklisted by all the diehard Xray heads

I see you are making good progress with your racing program. Your equipment looks good, although I'm still struggling to get use to seeing your body shells, banged up—Not a Viper Z trademark look

I wonder where's M325i? Haven't seen him around here in a while. Hope all is well.

Last edited by Evo 13; 10-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Ha, Ha, Thanks Evo! I'm very use to seeing my bodies banged up. I just dont; typically show them after their debut

An Xray t4'15 would be sweet to ad to your stable

I would love to see a video of the 747e!
Old 11-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

I started scoping out 2 other projects this morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.