Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB Evo 6-dsc_0121.jpg  
Old 12-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi Team,

EXO-SIX Alloy bottom plates are in!
Mike,

What's the advantage to running the aluminum versus the carbon plate on carpet?
Old 12-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed_dmon
Mike,

What's the advantage to running the aluminum versus the carbon plate on carpet?
Hopefully less traction! Can't wait to test mine out .
Old 12-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Probably wouldn't want that in usgt. It took me some time to dial in traction on mine. 17.5 tc I can see this working well.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Probably wouldn't want that in usgt. It took me some time to dial in traction on mine. 17.5 tc I can see this working well.
Even if its slightly a lil heavier, I think this is even better in the USGT class bud. since the weight is already going to have a lower CG, and you need more weight in USGT
Old 12-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Aluminum chassis always better for "high grip" tracks

Would be great especially in USGT
Old 12-16-2015, 01:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

AL chassis already on order...for USGT duty!!
Old 12-16-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The aluminum chassis looks great. Hard to justify getting one since my both my cars are pretty dialed in right now. I don't want to have to start over chasing set-ups.

On another note, both my cars have slightly different set-ups on them (USGT & USGT). But both cars exhibit hard initial turn in if I'm not carful. What are some general set-up ideas I can try to lessen this. I can say both cars already have 0deg front tow in. I really like haw well the car handles other than that so I don't want to really change too much.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theproffesor
The aluminum chassis looks great. Hard to justify getting one since my both my cars are pretty dialed in right now. I don't want to have to start over chasing set-ups.

On another note, both my cars have slightly different set-ups on them (USGT & USGT). But both cars exhibit hard initial turn in if I'm not carful. What are some general set-up ideas I can try to lessen this. I can say both cars already have 0deg front tow in. I really like haw well the car handles other than that so I don't want to really change too much.
Not sure what springs, but with Yok Pink fr, Blue rr
Recommend changes in this order

Front shock pos 8 (Slower initial roll, more stable)
Raise front inner camber link (less camber gain)
Raise front camber link inner and outer (Less aggressive front)
Old 12-16-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thanks. I'm running RSD springs similar in rate to the yok's. On the USVTA car, the one with more aggressive turn in, the front camber links are at the longest position as it is now, and the USGT are in hole 3. Both already have pretty low front roll centers, but I'll give a go in .5mm increments to sailing the inner front camber link. ill also try moving the front shock out a couple more holes
Old 12-16-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi Team,

EXO-SIX Alloy bottom plates are in!

Merry Christmas to me!
Old 12-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you to those of you how helped me add another Exo 6 to my RC garage. The new one will become my VTA car. As much as I like my years of VBC cars, the Exo 6 is simply awesome to drive. This is my chassis for the foreseeable future. Great support network of fellow racers as well.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theproffesor

How does the back end of your car feel? Could it be the back end being too loose and causing the feel of too much initial turn in?

Front roll center adjustments that were suggested as well as droop on both ends are what I usually start with when trying to calm down the front end of the car.

Also, I know it all comes down to preference, but I tend to remove steering servo speed and adjust my steering expo to be a little slow to counter-act my nerves. Sometimes my hands shake so bad in the mains that if I didn't have my Expo adjusted, my car couldn't possibly go straight, ha!
Old 12-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2
How does the back end of your car feel? Could it be the back end being too loose and causing the feel of too much initial turn in?

Front roll center adjustments that were suggested as well as droop on both ends are what I usually start with when trying to calm down the front end of the car.

Also, I know it all comes down to preference, but I tend to remove steering servo speed and adjust my steering expo to be a little slow to counter-act my nerves. Sometimes my hands shake so bad in the mains that if I didn't have my Expo adjusted, my car couldn't possibly go straight, ha!
I used to adjust servo speed & expo too, eventually found it made my driving too inconsistent, but I know of pro drivers that use all sorts of odd settings that they are just used to
Old 12-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

A version 2 Evo is on the way from Tamiya

84427 TB EVO 6 Ver.II Chassis Kit

interested to see what this entails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.