Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree164Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Which gear? Spur, input gear, diff gear, spool gear? In any case, that's were some of your noise has been coming from, is have the wrong gear mess. If it's your spur that's stripped, it could have come from the motor moving due to the collisions you've had that break other parts. If you have hit something hard enough to break the gear boxes like you have mentioned, it could easily be the diff/spool gear. If the gear box is cracked/broken, then your diff/spool will not be seated prolerly in the case causing bad gear mess and stripped gears.

Without sounding like a complete ass, I think most of your problems are stemming from poor driving. Like a mention before, if you have hit something hard enough to break the diff case, that is an extremely hard impact. I would tear the car down and inspected every piece for damage, replace anything that needs it, carefully rebuild the drivetrain setting proper mesh in each of the gear boxes. Next turn the EPA down on your throttle. You might not be the fastest on the track doing this, but you will hit less stuff, need less turn marshaling, break fewer parts, and mostly finish more races. As you improve your skills, turn the EPA up to go faster. 17.5 blinky isn't exactly slow, especially on a small track.

From everything you have written, it sounds like you're pretty new to onroad RC. We all were at on time. It's ok. It will just take down time for you to build some skills. Both in building and maintaining your car and in driving. Don't get discouraged. You'll get there.
Yes I just started on road rc. Thanks for your recommendation I'll tear down and inspect the car again.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theproffesor
You must have been hitting he boards like a rocket to break the diff housings. What part broke / how did it break? I have stripped one of the camber link holes in mine, but that's just a drop of thick CA to repair. Never broke one in any way from impacts. The only problem I ever had was the front c hubs. I don't think it's the material, I think that it is the fact that the pin threat attached the hub to the arm is .1 or .2 mm smaller in diameter than the hole in the cub. This allows for excess movement and leads to breakage. The TA05 hubs are a softer plastic and the correct hole diameter. After switching I haven't had any issues with breakage.

For your screws backing out, you might want longer screws, you should have 1.5-2 threads coming though the top of the toe blocks. This allows for full coverage of the surface area of the hole in the block. It's also a good idea to check those screws after every couple of heats or after a crash. The alternative, but I actually don't recommend it, especially if you use aluminum screws is blue lock tight. You really don't need it, but some swear by it. If you choose to use it, only use the blue, and only put the smallest drop on the screw. If you don't, you will strip the screw head trying to take them out.

Good luck and hope you get you issues resolved.

My drivetrain is pretty free now, but since I have some down time before my next race, I am going to try the bulkhead shimming trick. I'd like to get the drive train to free spin when's motor isn't attached.

Thanks for the tipp of the longer screws, during this weekend, nothing happened, and i could drive a tricky course without any problems. was quite a lot of fun...
was driving 700+ laps

@ diff housing: i assume, that might be a bad quality of the parts, since changing front and rear housing, everything is fine. the original parts were from the very first sold kits.. and i did not drive it for over one year...

so let's hope that this were my last troubles
Old 01-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's the verdict on the Spec-R TB03 gear diff versus the Tamiya TB04 ball diff performance wise and weight wise?
I understand the Spec-R is lighter than the stock gear diff but how does it compare to the TB04 ball diff?
Old 01-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by speed_dmon
What's the verdict on the Spec-R TB03 gear diff versus the Tamiya TB04 ball diff performance wise and weight wise?
I understand the Spec-R is lighter than the stock gear diff but how does it compare to the TB04 ball diff?
Check out post #1156, page 29. I've posted weights for all three diffs.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Improvement
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB Evo 6-image.jpg  
Old 01-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Where? Only thing I see different is instead of using the two small collars to hold sway bar in place, it using the large single collar.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

look at MotorMount assembly.

More sturdy layshaft mounting @ Spur/Bevel Hub... Should reduce 'wobble' which is where most of the drivetrain issue resides.

Me thinks all the 'light blue' hints at all the parts that are 'updated' for this kit however significant the change/addition may be.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I see know. Didn't really notice anything since I built my out of the box with the EXO chassis. I do notice the upper bulkheads use three countersunk instead of two and a button head, and they look a hair shorter. Can't tell anything on the towers, maybe some slight geometry changes? But from the looks of it, the only stuff not in light blue are the plastics. That's a little disappointing. I hoped they would fix the C hubs that crack easier than a California coastline.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OSherman

Me thinks all the 'light blue' hints at all the parts that are 'updated' for this kit however significant the change/addition may be.
Savvy
Old 01-27-2016, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

No Wow effects.

Why Tamiya did not adopt the layout of the motor mount from Exotek?
I hope the mesh in the front gearbox is history

I`m little bit disappointed about the version 2, in my opinion the new EVO is not able to drive modified only stock with 17,5T motors
Old 01-27-2016, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

84425 TB-03/TB-04 Aluminum Lower Gearbox
Old 01-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Appears it will be called the TB Evo 6 MS

A few more pictures:
https://kentech.wordpress.com/2016/0...irst-pictures/

Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

take my money, take it now...
Old 01-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
84425 TB-03/TB-04 Aluminum Lower Gearbox
That a great news indeed. I wish they do a complete gear box with upper in aluminum as well. The plastic ones do not have great tolerances.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

And more pictures.
http://www.thercracer.com/2016/01/ta...-ms-first.html

The hop up aluminium lower gear boxes are at the show as well. (pics at the bottom of this link)
http://www.thercracer.com/2016/01/ta...-releases.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.