STOCK motor forum >

STOCK motor forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 06:48 PM

hey whats the diff between the monster and the monster pro?
Old 06-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

the monster pro has zapped magnets and a trued com and "better" brushes. other then that, the armeture is exactly the same. go with the pro version, it will save you some time
Old 06-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Or better yet go with a Fantom or Axiom or some other tuners version of the Monster Stock...they usually go further then Trinity goes with their Pro motors...and usually only tacks on a buck or two to the price....

My Fantom was 38$
Old 06-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hellfire Blueprinted

I have a hellfire bluprinted in my Xray and was ondering whats a start-off ratio. Outdoor technical track with some good straights.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Go with an Axiom, time is really taken on each motor and they are as fast as they're gonna get. www.axiommotors.com
Old 06-15-2003, 08:06 PM

i would really like a axiom one but i cant get em here. dont want to order it either. i'll just go with a pro. thanx you guyz

what kinda gearing do you want for the pro?

should you use a diffrent gearing on a tc3? is so, like?
thanx again
Old 06-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey calvin, just go with the pro version. The two reasons being that 1) you get the "e" brush, which actually does perform quite well with this motor. 2) you already have the red/green spring combo that gives just about any trinity stocker it's best all around performance. You will find that once your brushes have broken in, the pos. side will have minimal amount of blackening on the edge of the face,while the green will have about 20-25% blackening on the brush face. If you can reduce that amount, you will definitely have a motor that will perform. Send me a personal message if you want an easy fix to do that !! ---Al
Old 06-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by big al
Hey calvin, just go with the pro version. The two reasons being that 1) you get the "e" brush, which actually does perform quite well with this motor. 2) you already have the red/green spring combo that gives just about any trinity stocker it's best all around performance. You will find that once your brushes have broken in, the pos. side will have minimal amount of blackening on the edge of the face,while the green will have about 20-25% blackening on the brush face. If you can reduce that amount, you will definitely have a motor that will perform. Send me a personal message if you want an easy fix to do that !! ---Al
Guys the "blackening" as you call it on the trailing edge of the brush indicates the the hoods need to be aligned. I would not wait for the brush to break-in, cause you will still be losing a couple degrees of timing due to the brush cocking in the hoods.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by ernieball
the monster pro has zapped magnets and a trued com and "better" brushes. other then that, the armeture is exactly the same. go with the pro version, it will save you some time
Umm, sorry Ernie, but they do't really zap the cans on the pro. Can zapping only works for a couple of runs anyway.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default MVP brushes?

I went through the first 10 pages to try and get my answer, but info on the mvp is rather lacking.....

Do 767 brushes come stock with the mvp? And also what other brushes (in case LHS dosn't have 767's) work well with the mvp with the stock springs?

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, MVP's I believe all come with 766's in them(normal or Plus version), which some people seem to like, but I've never gotten any good power from them(I always got my best results from using 767's). As for other brushes, I did have a bit of luck with some Niftech 4301's, but they're an iffy brush(don't seem to work as well with all motors), & of course if your LHS carries any brushes from Fantom, you can just get some F315's(it's EXACTLY the same brush as the Reedy 767, Troy just orders them in huge amounts & relabels them, plus he sells some to other companies who do the same & mark up the price. He told me about this a couple of years ago during the brush crisis back then). I'm really not sure about trying Trinity's brushes on them(never tried it), but I have noticed that I've liked their 4505's(the newer compound with crosscut serrations) in most all the motors I've tried, so they might be another to consider.....
Old 06-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Thanks for the help Grizzbob
Old 06-30-2003, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Orion Stock motors

Has any used any of the Orions Chrome Stock RS motors
Old 06-30-2003, 05:14 PM

my cousin has

its about the same as a tuned mvp

the dyno one is pretty fast too
Old 06-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Orion Stock motors

Originally posted by rowdyrj
Has any used any of the Orions Chrome Stock RS motors
My dad has one and it's decenty fast. It has good punch out of corners, though it gets kinda hot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.