Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freewheelin4eva
Just wondering what benefit would narrowing the brush faces, give?
for example on big jim's site he sells these brushes.http://www.bigjimracing.com/pictures/140brushes.gif

would they give you higher rpm?
Narrowing the brush will take away overlap on the comm which will lower amp draw and drop RPM....but it will increase Torque by quite a bit and lower motor temps which will allow you to gear up. It works very good in some situations such as super high bite or really tight tracks.

EA
Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Which brushes make the most power in order from highest to lowest? I heard it was the F brsuh.
F
putnam green, blue?
Any others I forgot?
Its hard to give a solid answer to those questions however I will try,

The F's will produce the all around best combination of power/rpms, they are the brush used almost totally by the top stock drivers across the US.
The 4499s will in most cases produce a few more RPM's but give up to much power making the F's a better option.
The 767s will last longer but not provide the rpm or the power of the above brushes.
The putnams from my experience have an issue burning up and being good for more then 1 run, if your going to run them in a monster or a roar stock they are the combo to have however in the Co27's they are surpassed by the F brush.

Another nice thing about the F is that it is good for mroe then one run, I have been getting somewhere around 4 on mine and its accepted that they will be at their best on their 2nd run. Simply skim the com and re break in and your ready to go.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I truly agree with Kevin's observations; however, I have had poor results using F brushes outdoors on hot days. Specifically, at the 2006 Asphalt Nationals (with 90F+ temps), my F brushes looked terrible after only one run. I had to revert to 767s to get the brushes to hold up for a couple runs.
Otherwise, the F brushes rock; and, I always look to EA's insight for how to best use them.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

About a month ago, I started using Checkpoint motor spray to clean the comms on my C027s. Pretty much think that their product is superior to anything I have used before. Does anyone know the difference between the various motor sprays out there?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default motor spray

[QUOTE=Still Bill]About a month ago, I started using Checkpoint motor spray to clean the comms on my C027s. Pretty much think that their product is superior to anything I have used before. Does anyone know the difference between the various motor sprays out there?[/QUOTE

The only sprays I am familiar with are Motor Quench, and brake cleaner. The brake cleaner doesn't work. The quench seems fine, but goes too fast.

Are there any brands, or spray caps out there which still stream, but maybe a little smaller stream. I wouldn't mind dipping a motor into a jar of cleaner, but that stuff evaporates so damn quickly, I'm not sure that would be practical.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Angry Pitting on comm

Today, when tearing down and cleaning my motor I noticed quite a bit of pitting on the trailing edge of my comm slots. Generally the comm looked real good however. No burning and no groove. If not for the pitts it would have required just a skim.

Spring/brush wise It's 766 red-/+767 purple.
Any guesses?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jgroenhof
Today, when tearing down and cleaning my motor I noticed quite a bit of pitting on the trailing edge of my comm slots. Generally the comm looked real good however. No burning and no groove. If not for the pitts it would have required just a skim.

Spring/brush wise It's 766 red-/+767 purple.
Any guesses?
What is the diameter of the comm?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

What is the diameter of the comm?
About, yea big.
Kidding. Not sure how big, but i,ve done two races on it. (CO27) An initial skim after one run. A cut after about 6 runs, and another 6 or so runs. (Pitted)
It's pretty new, should just be starting to shine I'd say.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jgroenhof
About, yea big.
Kidding. Not sure how big, but i,ve done two races on it. (CO27) An initial skim after one run. A cut after about 6 runs, and another 6 or so runs. (Pitted)
It's pretty new, should just be starting to shine I'd say.
Could be the number of runs between cuts. I usually cut the C027 comms after 3-4 runs.

Or, is this on an outdoor track with a lot of grit flying around?

Just some guesses...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

The track is real clean, it's indoor. No dust problem.
Probably just too many runs. I was wondering though if brush hood alignment plays a roll in comm wear, or is it just a performance issue.

BTW, Trinity CO27 "pro" is built so poorly that a beginner like me can vastly improve it's performance with only the most basic of tuning tricks.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is it possible to change the bushings on a stock motor to bearlings?
I have the Co27 and was wondering if its possible
Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Satish
is it possible to change the bushings on a stock motor to bearlings?
I have the Co27 and was wondering if its possible
fwik there's a can with bearings available from Trinity. check out their website.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freewheelin4eva
Just wondering what benefit would narrowing the brush faces, give?
for example on big jim's site he sells these brushes.http://www.bigjimracing.com/pictures/140brushes.gif

would they give you higher rpm?

EA - when you talk of narrowing the brushes - is that link to the picture the final result your talking about? Or are you talking about a different method/final result?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Could be the number of runs between cuts. I usually cut the C027 comms after 3-4 runs.
I would have to agree with Bill, with a C027 running 6-cells and being sprung somewhat heavy you should be able to skim every 2-4 runs and not see the pitting. When you start putting more and more runs on a motor that's not true it sort of compounds the problem of wear and tends to cause more damage.

Let us know how it looks after a just few runs.

Nick
Old 01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys can i have a brush spring combo for a co27?
its on medium to open aphsalt low grip.
btw whats a good starting ratio? finally is f brush still the brush to use?
cheers guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.