Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by KilRuf
Here is my Binary... has 36 laminations. Maybe I got a fluke with the Epic Roar Stock. I beleive I got it a couple months ago. It's not the Pro version either. Maybe I'll just have to buy another Roar Stock and count the lams....
That motor is also epoxy balanced. It aint legal.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Someone mentioned asian motors a little higher up on the page.....I am actually in Japan right now. Anyway, I went to the Tamiya R&D headquarters today and their test\racetrack. I bought a Tamiya stock motor. Its 23 turns and has a pretty sweet endbell and can design. It also used standup brushes. Im gonna tune it when I get back to the states and see how it turns out. I have a hunch that itll rip!...it looks fast, and the box says its fast, so.....
Old 07-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

David Root, my pic and post says that this arm was the Binary. Which I know is not legal... but on the page before (56)... I have the pic of my Epic Roar Stock (which is Roar Legal) that also has 56 laminations... which my last post refers to as to maybe I have a fluke since everyone is saying the Roar Stock is suppose to be 58 laminations.... Sorry for any confusion....
Old 07-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KilRuf
David Root, my pic and post says that this arm was the Binary. Which I know is not legal... but on the page before (56)... I have the pic of my Epic Roar Stock (which is Roar Legal) that also has 56 laminations... which my last post refers to as to maybe I have a fluke since everyone is saying the Roar Stock is suppose to be 58 laminations.... Sorry for any confusion....
You mean 36 and 38 laminations. I think you got confused with the page numbers!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

haha, yes I did.. haha... Thanks again... for any confusion.. 36 and 38... not 56 and 58... derrrrrt!
Old 07-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

OK, Phew gotchya!

I have some handout motors that have 2 magnets, chrome can and purple endbell. I THINK 40 lams, but are epoxy balanced. They are really fast but not legal for me to use either. Jim Greenmyer is now workig for trinity again, so I don't think we will be seeing more motors with less laminations.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default bushing/bearing

Can the bearing in my monster stock be replaced with a bearing..and would it be ROAR leaga?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

All roar legal stock motors use bushings. Bearings are illegal in stock.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought I saw in the last ROAR mailing that they changed it to allow bearings..perhaps I mis-read it, as I didnt see it on the ROAR webpage just now
Old 07-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by David Root
Jim Greenmyer is now workig for trinity again
HELL FROZE OVER

You can put bearings in a Monster. No it will not be ROAR legal but for practicing it'll make for a more efficient motor
Old 07-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm does this mean he now likes overhead springs? Or just uhhh I'll shut up.....
Old 07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
tornado

Originally posted by The Black Kat
HELL FROZE OVER

You can put bearings in a Monster. No it will not be ROAR legal but for practicing it'll make for a more efficient motor
I do put bearings in all my monsters.....just for zipping around.... the monsters last longer too.

Old 07-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
I just finished putting the red and green springs in my Monster also with the Trinity 4499 brushes. The springs, I got from Agressive R/C Technologies in Black Diamond, WA. Anyone know anything about these guys? The green overhead springs are 9 oz. and the red are 11 oz., are these rates correct? The springs came in pairs, but now I have 1 green for the positive and 1 red for the negative. Should I try this sometime? The change definitely made a difference, is there anything else I can do to make it faster?
I sprayed the bushings out too, but I used some of Trinity's comm oil to re-lube them. Was this ok

Old 07-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Whats up Jaybee,

I think the springs that Aggressive uses are just trinity springs. Ususally the ratign is just an "in the ballpark" kinda rating. Most motor springs nowadays are very very very inconsistant. Thats why I use a Sonic Fiddle Stick. They give a reading of how stiff a spring is while it is on the motor, and it also takes into acount how big your comm is, and how long your brushes are. You can get them from Paradigm Racing.

Now about using the softer spring on the pos side. That usually never works to well. Ususally most fo the electricity travels through the positive end of the motor, so you need a stiffer spring to keep it from getting "blown" away from the comm and prevent arching, glazing, and excessive com wear. So always run a stiffer spring on the pos side, or run equal rate spring on both ends.

Personally, I always use Tribo for my bushings. It's some uber cool lubricant that Team Paradigm sells as well. I use it when breaking in bushings, and as a general lube. Probably the most important thing with any motor is to align the brush hoods properly. Sometimes it takes a while, but it's worth it. It reduces com and brush wear, and gives a major boost in power. Hope this helps dude.

-Korey
Old 07-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
What's up Korey,

thanks for the Team Paradigm heads up. I'll try that stuff.

I entered my 1st race Sat., and I SUCK , but racing more will smoooth that out.

Hey, where can I get the fiber board looking washers that come in the monster?

Thanks
JayBee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.