Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How To: Promote Sportman like Driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Entropy
Marshall their cars the same way you would take a shit in the toilet. Slow and agonizing.

Maybe then they would be grateful for speedy marshalling.

At my track, we have some people who are perpetual strollers when marshalling. Some of them are also the most vocal on the driver's stand when they need to be marshalled themselves, talk about double standards.
How did you make that avatar. It's prob the best one I've seen on this site.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

I like the mentor program, I think that's the only way for the future, "EDUCATION".

Unresponsive marshalling, well I don't know what's the standard like overseas, but I can assure you a fair percentage of us here in the land of kiwi are poor marshall, some are just accident (i.e. unattentive, daydreaming) but the worst ones are the intentional. The bias nature of people can be quite damaging for the sport, and I don't think there is a lot we can do about it.

As far as racing is concern, I think I will be a pioneer of the stop start penalty in New Zealand. Hopefully that will not stop people from coming. I am only trying to make it fun for the majority.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think one of the keys for speedy marshalling needs to be addressing the issue during the driver's meeting. Whoever is doing the speaking just needs to say "Hey, I can't make them go fast, so just marshall how you would want to be marshalled." And if they still marshall slow, then that obviously means they want to be marshalled like that, giving YOU the right to be slow, even neglect their car for that matter.
-Josh
Old 07-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
How did you make that avatar. It's prob the best one I've seen on this site.
Thanks!

Erm, from scratch? Its made from my own racing colours I have on my bodyshells. Some TLC and messing with applications. I'm a designer by trade, so doing stuff like that is part and parcel of my work.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Entropy
Thanks!

Erm, from scratch? Its made from my own racing colours I have on my bodyshells. Some TLC and messing with applications. I'm a designer by trade, so doing stuff like that is part and parcel of my work.
Somehow the picture doesn't do any justice to your actual body work like seeing it in person.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone can offer me some definition on the following, me compiling the rule book at the moment and would like these clarified.

Whacking
Hacking
Poor Marshalling
Corner Cutting

is there anything else you guys can think of? Thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

IMO,

Hacking - Intentionally* taking out a competitor.

*A term which is given to a fellow who routinely hits every car on the track, including the pace car, the walls, corner dots and at least one marshall during every heat... This is the fellow you will eventually ask.. "You know your car does not turn, so why do you always insist on passing to the inside." He knows it all and declines any and all offers for help....

This term should not to be applied to a Custom Works Driver on a loose track ...

Whacking - an unintentional hard hit, such as the result of an accident between other competitors and your car gets collected up in the mess, like the "break on a pool table".

Poor Marshalling - a fellow not paying attention to his corner, talking with a buds, i.e., on an oval track... 7.7 sec lap times....marshall takes 24 seconds to get a car pointed in the right direction/back on its wheels.

This is not to be confused with a "Senior Driver" who has a hitch in his git-a-long but marshalls when he is required to do so!

Corner cutting.... missing a corner... taking a shortcut....

We use other terms, "rubbin is racing"! When two or more people are vying for the same piece of real estate, who gets to the corner first, who pushes harder, stuff happens...ususally a whack!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Old 08-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hick
IMO,

Hacking - Intentionally* taking out a competitor.

*A term which is given to a fellow who routinely hits every car on the track, including the pace car, the walls, corner dots and at least one marshall during every heat... This is the fellow you will eventually ask.. "You know your car does not turn, so why do you always insist on passing to the inside." He knows it all and declines any and all offers for help....

This term should not to be applied to a Custom Works Driver on a loose track ...

Whacking - an unintentional hard hit, such as the result of an accident between other competitors and your car gets collected up in the mess, like the "break on a pool table".

Poor Marshalling - a fellow not paying attention to his corner, talking with a buds, i.e., on an oval track... 7.7 sec lap times....marshall takes 24 seconds to get a car pointed in the right direction/back on its wheels.

This is not to be confused with a "Senior Driver" who has a hitch in his git-a-long but marshalls when he is required to do so!

Corner cutting.... missing a corner... taking a shortcut....

We use other terms, "rubbin is racing"! When two or more people are vying for the same piece of real estate, who gets to the corner first, who pushes harder, stuff happens...ususally a whack!
Thanks Hick, your assistance is much appreciated