R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Fact or Fiction: One-Ways and the year 2003 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/7810-fact-fiction-one-ways-year-2003-a.html)

Manticore 09-14-2002 10:54 AM

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
I'm not saying u can't drive side by side with one ways. I have done it before. And who are u to be calling people hacks just because they dont like one ways and use diffs............................................. ...................... I worked with a one way for 8 weeks and still couldnt get the rear plant i wanted.

1/. or the otherway round? look at the very first post.

2/. it is a shame you call yourself a fast driver but you cannot adopt to changes. I wonder if you drive an rc car if there isnt a diff thing in this world !

StephenSobottka 09-14-2002 11:13 AM

I do not nudge people from behind it was a example on what would normally happen diff vs. one way. And for the comment on how i say im fast. Im no god of rc. I have alot ahead of me but i had played with almost everything(springs,camber,preload,caster,toein,dro op, anti squat)
Maybe one day i can run the one way and learn how to drive it but for now i like to drive into the corners and get the motor breaking of 4wd all time. just helps me ease the car in
just my 2 cents
RUN WHAT YA LIKE!!
i like full time 4wd,rock on
Stephen

TSR6 09-14-2002 04:27 PM

RUN WHAT YA LIKE!!
Dang, then stop telling me what to run! haha.. :lol:

as far as last tuesday, ive been meaning to tell you, i found something that i forgot to change, we'll talk about that later.. but it would have helped a ton...

Everyone else - Although i don't always agree with TRN, He is fast...

StephenSobottka 09-14-2002 05:55 PM

Thanx troy, and what is it?

JeffC 09-14-2002 11:42 PM

I got to race with Stephen (TrinityRacinNut) a couple weeks ago, he's very fast, very good clean driver, and knows how to setup a car very well.

I use my brakes with a oneway sometimes, but usually I don't need to... If I can't roll the car into the corner nice and smooth, I'm probably better running a diff. I don't think a oneway is better than a diff, or diff better than oneway, they're just different. I think diffs are much more forgiving, and depending on your style, your track, and what class you're racing, sometimes a diff is faster. But when you need the car to roll though a turn, can't beat a oneway.

Manticore 09-15-2002 04:20 AM

I dont see there is a point here to prove some one is "FAST" "HERE". And I think it is naive to tell people to believe on what you said because you are "Fast". I know Barry Baker is fast, Masami is fast, Hara is fast. Those are unbeatable facts and none of us here can beat them. So in comparison, we are "SLOW".

Right on TRS6. It is a bit annoying to hear people telling you to stop using this or that just because "He" cannot work it out himself and "he" thinks people should stop using "whatever".

my 2 cents.

StephenSobottka 09-15-2002 08:55 AM

You can be fast but not as fast as those guys for sure lol. Ya its a matter of preference on what you would like to drive and how u drive. If u are able to be smooth hit ur lines all the time and never come in thru traffic then you can run a one way. If you are a hard accel/decel person a diff is probably for u. Ya i try and help people set-up their cars and help them out with things. Its just common courtesy. I try and help troy. I tell him things,doesn't mean he has to do it.lol. I was helping jeff with his xray. very fast car. from what i saw it is a winner. i drove it and was not use to the one way in the car,thats just me so it felt different. he was a little loose the whole night but he got his car figured out after awhile. He made an a-main run in his b-main.
its all about setting up your car for different tracks. thats why i try to get out to as many as i can. I will see you in october jeff!
Stephen
o ya P.S.--im fast but not the fastest(paul smokes me!!!! lol)

Ah10 09-15-2002 06:12 PM

If u are able to be smooth hit ur lines all the time and never come in thru traffic then you can run a one way. If you are a hard accel/decel person a diff is probably for u.
I dont think you are perfectly right! you can still brake hard with front oneway if you are using solid axle! I guess you missed one very important part! SOLID AXLE :flaming:

StephenSobottka 09-15-2002 08:15 PM

lol yes i did thanx for catching me on that one.
the one way or solid axle still provide a ton of steering and may not be wanted on occasion

Boomer 09-15-2002 09:46 PM

Don't put the one-way and solid front in the same category - they are different beasties!!

The solid front doesn't provide more steering except exiting the corner. The one-way provides more steering throughout the corner.

The solid is more consistent, at least for me, and is just as fast as the one-way.

Go ahead and run your one-ways. With my solid front, I have the same acceleration out of the corners, but I can duck inside of you and steal your line! muahahahaaaaa:D

psycho 09-16-2002 09:05 AM

Ah10

This started off mainly as a discussion about one-ways in electric cars, so you're safe with your MTX. :D

rough512 09-16-2002 11:54 PM

Originally posted by Boomer

The solid front doesn't provide more steering except exiting the corner. The one-way provides more steering throughout the corner.

The solid is more consistent, at least for me, and is just as fast as the one-way.

Boomer,

When using solid front, does this mean that you have to let the front end roll more so that the inner wheel will break traction and let the outer wheel do all the steering?

Boomer 09-17-2002 08:33 AM

You have to drive the car through the corner more. . .make the front pull the rear.

I don't know how to describe it - but once we softened the front up enough to compensate, it took no time at all to get used to it.