Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be? >

If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Default If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

Tomorrow I meet Rick for an indepth article with him. I'm making a list of questions to ask him and I thought this would be an opportunity to see if anybody had some good questions to ask? I've covered a lot of topics, but i'm sure there has to be a few people with some questions.

This isn't a promise that I'll use or even ask him the questions, but be nice.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

why were brushed and brushless motors allowed to run in the same class at the onroad nats?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

YGPM
Old 07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why not employ a 'Controlled Practice ONLY' format for ROAR National events? IE- run 3 rounds on Wednesday and Thursday; maybe adjust it as needed depending on total entries...it would help to improve attendance/participation if this format was used.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can we get rid of bushings and use bearings in stock motors,
Old 07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

probably already on the list but:

1. what is roar doing to promote the hobby and bring up membership and attendance, especially at the 'national' level races?

2. what have been some of your biggest accomplishments at the helm of roar so far?

3. (a last question) looking back, what do you want people to most remember about your term(s) in office?

4. i've seen elsewhere that the masters class has been dropped from the offroad stock nats program. people are on both sides of the fence on this issue. some feel breaking out ump-teen different classes of 'national' titles loses prestige, others feel that not having these classes is excluding certain group(s) of people. what is your take?

5. roar is typically seen as reactive when dealing with new classes and technology (ie. truggies, brushless, etc.). how is roar working to get 'ahead of the curve' so to speak, on these issues?

6. there has been alot of criticism that roar is too 'hands off' when it comes to running the nationals, and that the event management/promotion/costs are being beared by the individual tracks. is this what you see happening, and where do you see things going from here?

7. cost control (gas) - tires are typically one of the costliest parts of the hobby, but to be competitive it is a must. with the advent of quick-release hubs being seen in 1/10 scale, people are using 3-4 sets of tires during a typical main event. is roar doing anything like f1 to attempt to bring costs down by driving durability? if so, what?

8. cost control (electric) - in the past 5 years, touring cars have grown enormously. as competition increases, and the machines use more exotic materials, the kit prices have taken off too. while rtr's provide a good value, in order to race, a consumer typically has to go out and spend quite a bit more money on things like a stock motor, tires, etc. what is/can roar do to keep the class reasonably price-friendly to new racers.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rod M
can we get rid of bushings and use bearings in stock motors,
I got a few more questions relating to that

If stock is the "economy" or "beginner" class than why does it cost almost as much to run stock as it does to run 19t when I'd improve much more in 19t?

If stock is the "economy" or "beginner" class why does ROAR allow full-on factory drivers to run stock at the nationals?
Old 07-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Are they exploring any avenues to bring the sport to the masses of motorsport fans who may otherwise not know that RC exists at its current level? IE TV Coverage of National or World level events - even just highlights packages for sports shows.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default i got some question

1.if a person won a roar stock championship that driver need to be in the mod class the next roar nats to be annouced
2.there need to be a roar official at everynational and regional race providing the person who putting on the race, tech equipment scales,etc

3 more input from roar to help promote the races and help bring new people to the hobby
Old 07-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whole Stock A-Mains need to go Mod for the Next Year!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is ROAR going to do to bring America another IFMAR Worlds title in onroad?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Why can Worlds Team Factory guys run mod AND 19turn touring? Is not 19turn a developmental class for the stock guys? Why are the equipment approval updates just once a year?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dmatter
Whole Stock A-Mains need to go Mod for the Next Year!
Is ROAR going to fund that move? Not everyone is a full time R/C racer 24/7 with a full salary.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Why can Worlds Team Factory guys run mod AND 19turn touring? Is not 19turn a developmental class for the stock guys? Why are the equipment approval updates just once a year?
Simple............ one Touring Car class per person, per race. If you want a second class then run 12th scale, which is where the real racers are. hehe.

Sorry, i should follow the topic............ Why do you allow drivers to enter multiple classes at a National event? First of all you limit it to 250 entries which sucks, then you allow them to enter several classes and stack the deck.

Keep it simple......... Stock, 19T, or Mod............. choose your level.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

About 19t, i think 19t should remain the way it was at the nationals, a class where mod and stock guys can run together. It alows guys who want to make the move from mod to stock to a good stepping stone. The motors can be tuned like stock motors giving them a slight advantage, but it allows them to compete on a more even playing field than if they just went out and ran mod.

And I personally would like to see start making an effort to get races on TV and figure out a way to get standard tech and race procedures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.