R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Which touring car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/772254-touring-car.html)

hyujmn 11-22-2013 07:50 AM

Brokomo BD-7?

A buddy of mine just picked one up after selling off a T4. He's broken parts every single time he's been at the tracks ever since he got the Yokomo. I don't think he's finished a full run without breaking a c-hub or a knuckle or SOMETHING.

Bar 11-22-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by hyujmn (Post 12748125)
Brokomo BD-7?

A buddy of mine just picked one up after selling off a T4. He's broken parts every single time he's been at the tracks ever since he got the Yokomo. I don't think he's finished a full run without breaking a c-hub or a knuckle or SOMETHING.

This all depends at what level you are at, and where you are going to race, i only race touring cars outdoors and never break anything. If you are looking for a tank then you can't beat the xray cars :p

PurcyP 11-22-2013 08:18 AM

Brokomo bd7 LOL

i think i went with the right choice on the BD 7 RS, soo much plastic it just bounces lol

hyujmn 11-22-2013 09:15 AM

We race on a medium indoor carpet track, and he's one of the fastest mod guys at our place.

He just hasn't finished a full 6 minute run ever since he picked up the BD7. Sure, the car does look fast, but it just doesn't have the durability of an Xray.

25Barker 07-30-2014 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by hyujmn (Post 12748125)
Brokomo BD-7?

I agree with you.

nf_ekt 07-30-2014 08:25 AM

There needs to be a sticky, titled along the lines of before you post a "which car should I get" thread... :lol:

It's been said sooo many times (and it's true), the Xray is tough. It can be plowed into solid objects and seemingly shrug it all off. Want strong? Buy the Xray.

As for all other cars.... What does everyone at your track run? What does your LHS support? Which color gives you the warm, fuzzy feeling? How different do you like to be? What is your budget? Because they all work and if set up properly they can all potentially win. That basically covers it. I've seen Awesomatix cars do very well. I've also seen $100 Sakura's do very well. If you're still learning (as I believe most people starting these threads are) then stick to what is popular locally so you can get help and pointers.

Oh, and yeah I'd say get a T4.

Barry_Hughes 07-31-2014 01:03 AM

I now a lot of guys who moved from Xray or other makes to the Mi5, the vast majority have now moved back to the Xray t4'14 even though they were sponsored by Schumacher!
All comment the Xray is far superior in quality, doesn't tweak as easily is more consistent during the heats and through the day.
And all have improved their times since switching.

I think that says it all.

Yes I switched to the Xray T4 and now the T4'14 best car I have ever had.
Very rarely if ever break anything.