Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Best RC Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll agree with the hoards and say XRC Shane that runs this site is one of the guys who puts that magazine togeather - and they do a fantastic job

If you're in Australasia, pick up 'Racing Lines'. Its a good local magazine with plenty of news and reviews.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v0rtex
If you're in Australasia, pick up 'Racing Lines'. Its a good local magazine with plenty of news and reviews.

And about 9 Months out of date with the rest of the world, Go With Xtreme RC!
Old 07-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I didnt say it was perfect I still think its worthy of support though
Old 07-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v0rtex
I didnt say it was perfect I still think its worthy of support though

That's True.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

If you're in the english community, is definately Extreme !!!

IF you know Japanese,then I would highly recommand RCWorld. They have info that could kick ass.....Loads of info !! That is if you know Jap.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

In USA, Xtreme, RC Driver and RC Car are the best for electric onroad.
Maybe I'm nostalgic but I still like RCCA a bit. RCCA used to be miles ahead of the competition. Then Chianelli quit, RC Car started with almost all the employees former RCCA employees, then RC Driver did the same. Even the Cartoonist quit. Then RCCA publishers further diluted the formula by starting RC Nitro using mostly excisting staff.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

does xtreme also cover allot of nitro, i am racing both at the moment, trying to see what i like better.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

We (XRC) cover lots of nitro (we have the only industry standard nitro dyno) and we also cover electric. It's a balance to keep all the angry RC guys from burning an internet tourch and burning us out of town.

If you go to a local bookstore or hobby shop they should have all the magazines and you can see which one you like the best.

And just to let you know in defense of all the magazines, since I've worked with 90% of them there are "racers" at all of them. Different levels, yes, but for the most part each magazine has somebody that knows what they are doing. And they have people that don't know what they are doing...I'm the tokken "Don't know what he's doing guy"

-DB
XRC.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
...we have the only industry standard nitro dyno...
If its the only one, how is it a standard?

does it have a stick shift?

I will say this, though... as long as the dyno and software/calcs don't change, it is nice to have something to compare engines to with an apples to apples test.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
And they have people that don't know what they are doing...I'm the tokken "Don't know what he's doing guy"

-DB
XRC.
You sure do a lot of smack talking for a guy who doesn't know what he's doing!!

Anyways, Like I said. I'll go with XRC because of the variety of RC CAR AND TRUCK material they cover, and also the "collective" sense of humor the staff shares. R/C Car has always seemed like "Dirt Digest" to me, R/C Driver reminds me of Car Action right before they became a catalogue, and Car Action seems more like a catalogue than a magazine at this point.

This is all MY OPINION however.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

XRC is the best magazine hands down........RCCA is just a large ad, and for the most part Rc Cars has turned into a clone of RCCA minus the ads....RC Driver has been pretty good.

Of all the magazines, I only advertise in one.....XRC...because I think it tells it like it is and reaches my target audience.

Plus Derek is a pretty big guy who could probably beat most of us up

Later EddieO
Old 07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So far, XRC will be the best magazine in the good ol USA. no question ask!!
It cover a lot of races, very funny and good review on a lot of subject.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I guess i must be different i just buy them all. XRC doesnt get sold in many book stores or anything in My area of canada so its hard to get ahold of not one place with in 200miles of me has it.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben.C
IF you know Japanese,then I would highly recommand RCWorld. They have info that could kick ass.....Loads of info !! That is if you know Jap.
Did you know that RC World ONLY has a staff of 3 or 4 people ??? Its amazing and true how they can produce a high quality japanese r/c magazine with tons of articles, races, product reviews, and advertisements with such a limited staff.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my vote is.. RC Driver - I like the variety of articles it provides and I can still stay married reading it...

I had subscribed to Car Action for more than 10 years, got tired of the trends, hype, mushy reviews, ads and what little I got each month that would interest me. Surprised it is not called RC Car Trinity Action by now....

I would really like to get into some of the Japanese mags, other than being a nice picture book, the 3000 character alphabit does nothing for me....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.