Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

No news from the world's about the tc6.2 or even a update?
Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Check the results... not looking too good for us but I am hoping for a Worlds kit with all the bells and whistles.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Building TC 6.2

I have a question on building the 6.2. In order to get rear toe of 3 degrees I set the inner hinge pins next to the rear gear diff with a 1 dot in the front and a 3 dot in the rear of the hinge pin. Does this give me 3 degrees of rear toe? Do you set the rear toe with the inner hinge pins or is the rear toe only set at the rear hub carrier, outer hinge pin or can you set it either at the inner hinge pin or outer hinge pin? Does it matter? Directions are not really that clear.

Any help would be great.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Getting back into hobby after 5-6 year leave. Picking up 2 tc6.2 kits. What factory or aftermarket parts are recommended. I read somewhere about bladders, pistons and springs...RSD? What body is recommend to start with ltcr, mazda 6, mazda 6gx? Going to run 17.5 and 13.5 what spur gear is pretty standard? Also a rollout for a d4 would help.. We used to run 100 but I'm pretty sure that may have changed.. (Man i have no use for my 4200's and brushes.. LOL)

Any help would be great!!!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TC5Driven
I have a question on building the 6.2. In order to get rear toe of 3 degrees I set the inner hinge pins next to the rear gear diff with a 1 dot in the front and a 3 dot in the rear of the hinge pin. Does this give me 3 degrees of rear toe? Do you set the rear toe with the inner hinge pins or is the rear toe only set at the rear hub carrier, outer hinge pin or can you set it either at the inner hinge pin or outer hinge pin? Does it matter? Directions are not really that clear.

Any help would be great.
1dot front and 3 dot rear does'nt give 3°.
Same dot front and rear give 3°
Old 10-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pat Clark
Getting back into hobby after 5-6 year leave. Picking up 2 tc6.2 kits. What factory or aftermarket parts are recommended. I read somewhere about bladders, pistons and springs...RSD? What body is recommend to start with ltcr, mazda 6, mazda 6gx? Going to run 17.5 and 13.5 what spur gear is pretty standard? Also a rollout for a d4 would help.. We used to run 100 but I'm pretty sure that may have changed.. (Man i have no use for my 4200's and brushes.. LOL)

RSD Bladders and pistons are a good choice, you can drill a 1mm hole in the shock cap to reduce rebound created by air pressure as the shock is collapsed.

LTCR, Mazda Speed 6 or the GX6 are good choices, pick one you like.

Common spur gear is 96t 64 pitch.

That's all I got.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer034life
No news from the world's about the tc6.2 or even a update?
They use the stiffer and lighter arms and doing tests with other chassis on the moment. Words from FAST Rick H.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Servo saver - I got back into RC after about 8 or 9 years and my TC6.2 chewed through servo horns (might be coz of my driving though )

Any help would be great.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was in a similar position almost two years ago. The cars are so similar but very different due to the brushless and lipos.

Yes, RSD pistons, bladders, and o rings. Makes the shocks super smooth.

I can't tell you about rollout with the 13.5 or D4. I would ask some locals. In 17.5 I run a 95t Spur.

I'm assuming your running carpet due to the time of the year...so I'd start with a Mazda Speed 6. Yokomo Pink and Blue springs. Both are tried and true.

Must have options: DCV front axels - makes a huge difference in corner speed. Of course diff oils and shock oils for tuning.
Other options: TC5 sway bars - easier to work with IMO. Steel spool outdrives - no worrying about breaking the plastic ones or blades. Front gear diff - great tuning option. CF roll center shims - so much easier.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Any help would be great.
The standard blocks have 3deg toe built in. If you use the same dot front and rear then it's 3deg. Each dot is 1/2 deg plus or minus depending on how you put it together.

You can also change the toe on the hub carrier also. This isn't commonly used but available.

Bottom of page 27 goes over this in the manual. Hope this helps!
Old 10-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Give me a shout tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by S_fender
1dot front and 3 dot rear does'nt give 3°.
Same dot front and rear give 3°
Thanks for the info. It makes sense now
Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
The standard blocks have 3deg toe built in. If you use the same dot front and rear then it's 3deg. Each dot is 1/2 deg plus or minus depending on how you put it together.

You can also change the toe on the hub carrier also. This isn't commonly used but available.

Bottom of page 27 goes over this in the manual. Hope this helps!
I now see what you mean. the toe is built into the chasse. I would have made a big mistake on my toe setting. thanks
Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's the best steering servo for the tc6.2 I would like to use a low profile to give a lil more room and less weight, but the choices are endless lol anyone using a low profile servo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.