Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anybody having an issue with ride height ?...had someone contact me and said they couldnt get the car lowered. Said the shock collars were all the way up and the shims for the arm mounts were removed?...

any suggestions
Old 11-18-2014, 03:51 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
anybody having an issue with ride height ?...had someone contact me and said they couldnt get the car lowered. Said the shock collars were all the way up and the shims for the arm mounts were removed?...

any suggestions
Cut the shock eyelets 1-2mm.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Thanks for that Sam... No traction rolls, and I hope it stays that way. I changed springs to a softer set on my GT8-Lite, and it started traction rolling on pavement, that sucks!

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hey Bing, our track and your setup isn't at that high a grip situation to need the sidewalls glued yet. Just in general this will give a slight push feel to the car, which, if your finding it turns in too fast for you, could help you out a bit. BUT this feel could also be done threw chassis adjustment instead of gluing the sidewall up. I think your current setup just needs a little more rear grip the rest feels pretty good.
Thanks Gary! I was thinking after reading Sam's post about that high traction track, I certainly didn't feel that stickiness to my shoe

It certainly helps having you drive my car to let me know that its setup good enough and that I just really need to work on my driving. As you say, I would like just a wee bit more rear grip, but I'm starting to get the hang of the characteristics and feel of the car as it is. I don't want to mess with it too much.

I re measured each shock length as you suggested and adjusted them to be all even. I then reset my ride height to be 5mm on both sides, independent of the tweak I was trying to dial out on the right side. I'll try to run it like that on Sunday and see how it does. After last Sundays race, at home I noticed the right side was really hard in compression due to the preload on the shocks I had put in to counter the tweak. The left side was much softer in comparison. I was thinking that can't be right....

Originally Posted by Rugspin
Guys thanks for the tips and I should have the car on the track shortly. Will let you know how it goes.
Good luck with it, hope it suits you!

any suggestions
No issues here, I'm not sure I understand the problem... Sorry..
Old 11-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

any suggestions
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Cut the shock eyelets 1-2mm.
As Sean said that will work or if your like me and couldn't cut them all the same you can use AE part # 31249, they are a little shorter than the stock ones and work and more importantly are all even
Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default ride height

any suggestions
I had the same problem so I got the shorter springs from reflex racing. They are 5mm shorter than the stock springs. Look under the TC6.2 option parts. They worked for me. I think they are x-Ray springs and they have different weights for carpet and asphalt. Check it out.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

any suggestions
I just used the ball ends that go into the spring cups from the TC6; not the stock ones used in the manual of the 6.2; worked really well; no cutting.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ
@ Randy Castor, thanks for having a link to Gridworks racing in your sig. Because of you my curiosity got me. I had a look around and ended up ordering the Team Powers setup board and light
Lol nice, that setup is freakin cool!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default News ?

Any information for a new version or some new options ?

Fred
Old 11-20-2014, 03:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Lol nice, that setup is freakin cool!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it and will post photos of it with the TC6.2 when it arrives.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Just looking for some constructive criticisms; this is my setup. I am concerned about the amount/type of camber. If someone has the time; I'd appreciate if someone could look at it.

Track: Small
Grip: Low-Medium

http://uregina.ca/~irvinew/setup.pdf

Last edited by irvinew; 11-20-2014 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typed castor instead of camber.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by irvinew
Just looking for some constructive criticisms; this is my setup. I am concerned about the amount/type of castor. If someone has the time; I'd appreciate if someone could look at it.

IMO the front end is maybe a little narrow and there's quite a bit of front toe, but otherwise the setup looks OK considering the fields that are populated. What's your concern on the caster? It is listed as "kit."

BTW, you look vastly undergeared.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredB
Any information for a new version or some new options ?

Fred
For what it's worth and some may know a lot more than me.

I was speaking to Kevin H this last weekend at Tamiya and specifically asked him what's new and exciting. Any new car coming soon? His answer was an emphatic no on the car or new platform. He was testing some other parts but wasn't sharing the secrets just yet.

BTW he is a cool dude and fun to talk to.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by samnelso
IMO the front end is maybe a little narrow and there's quite a bit of front toe, but otherwise the setup looks OK considering the fields that are populated. What's your concern on the caster? It is listed as "kit."

BTW, you look vastly undergeared.
I am unclear on what you mean by narrow.

Sorry I mistyped; I meant camber. Castor is default as setup. Wasn't sure if more negative camber in the front than the rear was better. I had a history or losing traction in the rear so I decided to put more tyre to the carpet in the rear. Sorex tyres seemed to help.

Should I just run 0 degrees for toe? We run on a smaller, low grip track I thought the gearing was ok so I must have gone for a lower FDR; I know it must be around 4 on a standard track.

Thanks for you input; I appreciate it.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

I am unclear on what you mean by narrow.

Sorry I mistyped; I meant camber. Castor is default as setup. Wasn't sure if more negative camber in the front than the rear was better. I had a history or losing traction in the rear so I decided to put more tyre to the carpet in the rear. Sorex tyres seemed to help.

Should I just run 0 degrees for toe? We run on a smaller, low grip track I thought the gearing was ok so I must have gone for a lower FDR; I know it must be around 4 on a standard track.

Thanks for you input; I appreciate it.
Your setup may indeed be fine for your track. I was just making general observations from what I'm used to seeing on a 6.2 setup. I'm used to seeing +3 or +2dot front arm mount inserts on carpet. However, the 1 dots may work fine in a low grip condition. I don't really see glaring holes in your setup.

If you're looking for a little more grip on the low bit track, you may try lengthening your links.

Is there something specific you're looking for?
Old 11-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just looking for some constructive criticisms; this is my setup. I am concerned about the amount/type of camber. If someone has the time; I'd appreciate if someone could look at it.

Track: Small
Grip: Low-Medium

Some basic stuff, if you feel the rear bite goes away during the run. take some camber out of the front, go from -2 to -1 or -.5, that will proabbly bring the balance in line. Also as you narrow the rear package, 2 dots in or 3 dots in you will tighten up the car. that will greatly help with balance and the rear of the car going away.

you say med to light bite. what is in your rear diff.. on a loose track the more you have in the rear diff the easier it will be to get the car loose. if bite comes up the more you have in the rear diff the tighter the car becomes and the more you will look for steering. So it will greatly depend on what the definition of bite is.

Droop, if you are truly on a low bite condition, allowing more droop will allow for more wt to transfer and allow the car to plant a lot better in, through , and out of the corners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.