Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS - 5280 Raceway - Denver, CO - April 11-13 2014

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

wow...were to start. First off I had a lot of fun this past weekend racing and chatting with so many folks from out of town. It was great to see the guys up from Texas and the crew from the PNW, people from Canada and really all over north America. Secondly, the racing was out standing with almost unlimited track time this leads to good runs when you have ample time to figure your cars out. This makes for some close racing and boy did we see that this weekend. I was so excited to see Teru from Xenon and Bruce Carbone from Speedmerchant as these guys are nothing but class. Always excited to see OD from TOP, Keven Hebert from Associated, and the "standard" guys from Xray running their "standard" setups. Bob Stormer was simply awesome and having him and the "Stormer crew" at our track made it a better race. The list goes on and on of racers and genuinely good folks that came out and supported our little race that is turning into a major stop on the tour of top indoor carpet races.

Lastly, Lars Johnson did such an outstanding job running the show as he does every year. We look forward to having Lars back again next year for the 2015 Mile High Indoor Championships.

Thanks to everyone that came out and I personally hope you had a great experience.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Podium pics are up on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CORtrack

I will be adding more pics as I get time to comb through them. Lots of pictures to go through of nearly every A Main group and lots of other races/quals.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I can't say enough good about the race guys. I am going to drop one of the races next year, and I can assure you that this one will not be it. The track was awesome, my first time on a subfloor and wow do I want one now.

Looking forward to '15
Old 04-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Did the pivot head footage from Josh ever make it online?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks everybody for a great time. the 5280 raceway crew did an outstanding job and we thank them for that! Plenty of pit space, lot's of track time, food and hotels were close by and everything was great! Racing was great and we had a super time. We'll be coming back for sure!

We drove straight through and got home at 7:45 this morning... A few road closures had us detouring around in Wyoming. We saw, and I'm not exaggerating, 15-20 accidents on slick roads, cars upside down, or spun off into the ditch. I'm pretty sure most were proabably from sunshine states and surprised by the high winds and icy roads that happened in a few short hours.

So we're driving through Cheyenne or wherever the heck we were at 3am. I look back in the mirror and cops are kinda riding up on us. Nobody else is on the roads. I keep looking, I mention to Evan to check the mirrors. We're so busy looking in the mirrors I blow a stop sign and they pull us over instantly. I teased them about it, they were good sports and let us roll without a ticket.

Glad to be home, thanks to everybody from 5280 and all the racers that made it great. The hobby is more about the people than it is the racing. And the people at this event were all top notch. and THAT made for a great event! and we did some racing too!

I took a few random cell phone pics and posted them in a link below. I apologize for the "blurry" pictures, I'd had about 30 diet cola's and WAY to many sugary treats. Anybody that pitted next to me should get themselves checked out for 2nd hand diabetes... :P

random photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/340983...7643975122813/

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 04-14-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Did the pivot head footage from Josh ever make it online?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVo9N...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Bob, at least you were able to find alternate routes. We were stuck in Laramie till 9 am this morning. There was a crash that had 42 cars on West bound I80. There was still quite a few of them there when we went by. Thanks again for lunch dude.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well guys, I had a lot of fun, slept very little, drank a lot of beer, saw a lot of public weed smoking, and the cherry on top of the cake was the icy roads on the way to the airport. Basically, Denver for four days.

Hope to see you guys again next year, maybe do a little better in the standings. Thanks for putting up with me and a big thanks to Brian Bodine for having the one spare chassis plate I forgot to buy.

Stay fast, my friends. This event may turn into one hell of a thing.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nice! Pivothead was one of our race sponsors and gave away two sets of their product. They're glasses with a camera embedded in them so you can get videos like this one. A very cool product for people who want to get some FPV video of their cars.

Here's another video from a mod 1/12 run that Josh did. I believe this was his TQ run.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mod Sedan A-Main

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to drop in and congratulate the 5280 crew on another outstanding event. Not only was the race a lot of fun but something really stood out in my mind from the race that has to be mentioned - Saturday night, I watched all the local racers and several others pile onto the driver's stand about every 45 minutes to practice. They were all getting ready for the final round of qualifying but out on the track racing hard, some beating and banging but most importantly having a blast and all walking back and forth with smiles and laughing. Seeing guys race like this, having this much fun racing - This is how RC is supposed to be and it makes me wish I lived in Denver to race with these guys all the time!!

Also wanted to thank Bruce for all his hard work and completely blowing me away with how well the cars performed!! The first weekend with Speed Merchant was way above any expectations I think either of us had!!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Looks like a very nice facility - I hope the racing went well!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks everyone at 5280 for making it happen and all the racers for coming to race. Made for some good action. It was a great time for sure. Met some cool people and helped anyway I could. Next big race I'll be racing though.

And a special thanks Josh for trying a pair of Pivotheads. I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen but the videos ended up turning out great. We might be onto something there.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just wanted to thank the 5280 crew for a great week... The facility is absolutely awesome. Great racing all week and tons of track time. Top notch competition but a little more laid back of an atmosphere than Vegas/Birds/etc. Perfect way to cap off the indoor season.

Will definitely be back next year!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Just wanted to drop in and congratulate the 5280 crew on another outstanding event. Not only was the race a lot of fun but something really stood out in my mind from the race that has to be mentioned - Saturday night, I watched all the local racers and several others pile onto the driver's stand about every 45 minutes to practice. They were all getting ready for the final round of qualifying but out on the track racing hard, some beating and banging but most importantly having a blast and all walking back and forth with smiles and laughing. Seeing guys race like this, having this much fun racing - This is how RC is supposed to be and it makes me wish I lived in Denver to race with these guys all the time!!

Also wanted to thank Bruce for all his hard work and completely blowing me away with how well the cars performed!! The first weekend with Speed Merchant was way above any expectations I think either of us had!!
Thanks again Josh for coming and and supporting our race. It sure was fun doing chase follow on Saturday night. Traction was really good as it always is during happy hour, but adding the likes of Drew to the mix made it more fun than normal.

Nice work cleaning up and taking almost all of the awards home with you...hope to see you back next year as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.