Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS - 5280 Raceway - Denver, CO - April 11-13 2014

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So looking through some of the pictures that bob stormer posted. Who has the R32? LOL that's badass!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How well did the Gravity RC tires work?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Race was so much fun, even when I had a McGriddle blowout during the drivers introduction of my main. It was my way of making everyone less anxious at the start to have such a clean main.

The tires were great. After 256 laps in practice they were still doing the same laptimes. I only changed them because I felt sorry for them.

We would definitely like to be a part of this event next year as a sponsor. Loved all the extra track time. If you never seem to feel comfortable with your stuff at large events because you only get a handful of track time; Then this event is for you because you can supercharge your learning curve by throwing the kitchen sink at your car in order to keep up with Syder's stock car while you're running mod.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

This was my first MHIC and I enjoyed all the practice time at this race. Also got a chance to see some old and new friends. I'll be back every year for this one.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had a blast at this race. Fun. Fair. Relaxing. Competitive. Reasonable. Competent. Accommodating. Entertaining. Impressive. Rewarding. That's only a few words I can think of to say about the MHIC.

It's so nice to sit down to your cars, run them, change them, diagnose and apply. Absolutely worth it!!! I want to thank the MHIC guys for one of the best races of the year. I personally know that Mario and Jim put more then their backbone into this club and their passion shows through. Somebody get Mario a Bud Light! Cheers boys, you did great!

I want to thank Josh for showing us all what an absolute beat down feels like. I am not moving over anymore for you. You can go around!

Bob Stormer, from the bottom of my belly.... thanks for being a great person in this hobby. Now put that fan in before something catches fire!

Ryan, I may have edged you out by a millisecond this time, but I think these battles are just getting warmed up.

AWD, impressive showing buddy!

Spring in Denver. From shorts n T's to wearing everything I packed in 12 hours. That is a crazy town.

Brian
Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well 3901.9km and 41hrs43minutes05 seconds finally walked back into the house. The drive home was pretty interesting, I don't think I have ever, in 30+ years of road trips, seen so much carnage on the road, thanks Mario...LOL.

Another great race hosted by so many people, too many to name. Had a fun time for sure and it was nice to see old friends and meet new ones.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This was my first MHIC and I enjoyed all the practice time at this race. As this was my first onroad race since 1993 so the pratice time was good. Will be back next year for sure have the onroad bug again.

Jack Kloeber
Old 04-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

glad you all had a good time..... signups for the 2015 MHIC will open sometime in january LOL.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'm crossing my fingers that next year's race falls between state testing dates again!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Great race, great people and a great time. You guys have a great thing going on up there. Really enjoyed myself this year. Everything was ran well. Lars you da man. All the 5280 crew job well done. The hardest working club in RC. Can't wait for next year. I love Denver! Congrats to Paul for the GravityRC type C tire. Ran one set in mod and 13.5 in qualifying and the main. Tire worked really well and like Art said somewhere " let us get down to racing". Thanks for everything.

Thanks Drew
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought my 90 minute drive across town was bad. Lanzer should get some sort of award.

It's so very awesome to see all of you guys come and support this race. That club has come such a long way - their level of dedication to carpet racing is pretty damn remarkable. Hope to see all of you again next year.

And thanks for putting up with me massacring some of your names. Again. Hamann & Bodine have both been here before and I still screw them up. WTF.

I met Bob Stormer! So cool to put a face with the name of where a vast majority of my accrued teenage income ran off. Thanks for pizza and cake and ice cream, Stormer Hobbies. You guys are awesome!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for a great time at a great race. Nice track, nice people and a really super racing atmosphere. We had a lot of fun and got a ton of good testing in.

The MHIC crew knocked this one out of the park. Thanks to Bob Stormer for the food (great idea for a sponsorship), the other sponsors that helped make the race possible and Drew for the week long contact high….. I love Denver! It was nice to see a lot of old friends and meet some new.

Big congratulations to Josh. 5 Classes, 5 TQ’s and Wins…pretty crazy.

You guys are already on next year’s schedule.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 04-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default thanks

a belated thank you to everybody at The MHIC especially the WGT guys having to run with kids I drug down to the race. They had a very good time and everybody treated them with great respect. And a big thank you to Mario Ficco your hospitality and help all weekend was so great, your a class act.

Gary Evert