Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Questions regarding the suspension holders.

Was wondering if there is any reason you couldn't in high grip conditions to get more steering move the rear suspension holders 303710 and use them on the front, and in turn use the one piece FR suspension holder in the rear?

I'm find getting my hands on the two piece holders for the front hard to find so was wondering of this was possible.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussierevo
Questions regarding the suspension holders.

Was wondering if there is any reason you couldn't in high grip conditions to get more steering move the rear suspension holders 303710 and use them on the front, and in turn use the one piece FR suspension holder in the rear?

I'm find getting my hands on the two piece holders for the front hard to find so was wondering of this was possible.
I believe the holes for the rear holders are closer together to give the default toe in, so I don't think you can just swap.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks, and I've just noted as well that the rear belt would be in the way. Need.To.Pay.More.Attention.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C.Smith
I filled out a set up sheet but,do not know how to post a link
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2014
Old 01-28-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C.Smith
Looking to cure a mid corner push. I race on a med traction asphalt track.
Basic asphalt set up except for the following.
400 cst in the shocks, front diff,1 mill. 28 sorex. Track temp around
60deg in morning 70-75 in afternoon
Thanks for the advice
after taking a look heres my suggestions,
first off remove the gear diff up front and refit the spool,also raise the ride height to 5 f 5.3 rear,this gives a small amount of anti dive when braking,which helps turn in,try 2.7 springs on just the front first ,then all round,see how that feels,also as your running a low car about 2mm of bumpsteer should be enough,this should help with the mid corner push also lower the front shock to hole 2 two degrees of camber all round and widen the rear so that rf are 1mm outer,and the rr is 0.5 outer,this will give 2.5 toe in,keeping them on the std centerline,and a 1.3 rear arb will also help
my car has been great on carpet and on asphalt with this set up,ignore the front springs,i went back to 2.7's

and to add to that if you have the std arms ,when the grip is med to high the graphite arm plates give the car a more direct feel without being to aggresive,the team drivers all run on high grip so all their set ups show the graphite arms,i sometimes race when its damp/wet, so i remove the plates when grip is low

Last edited by chasingthepack; 01-28-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
after taking a look heres my suggestions,
first off remove the gear diff up front and refit the spool,also raise the ride height to 5 f 5.3 rear,this gives a small amount of anti dive when braking,which helps turn in,try 2.7 springs on just the front first ,then all round,see how that feels,also as your running a low car about 2mm of bumpsteer should be enough,this should help with the mid corner push also lower the front shock to hole 2 two degrees of camber all round and widen the rear so that rf are 1mm outer,and the rr is 0.5 outer,this will give 2.5 toe in,keeping them on the std centerline,and a 1.3 rear arb will also help
my car has been great on carpet and on asphalt with this set up,ignore the front springs,i went back to 2.7's
Anti-dive doesn't help with steering as it prevents weight transfer to the front under braking. It might add a small amount of initial though due to the reduced caster.
Certainly agree with trying less rear toe if grip is good enough.

Skiddins
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Anti-dive doesn't help with steering as it prevents weight transfer to the front under braking. It might add a small amount of initial though due to the reduced caster.

Skiddins
any chance i can see your set up sheet from aldershot? just to compare,my settings work for my driving style,but still improvements to be made,at the last meet in blinky coming around onto the straighti still cant get on the power when i want to as the rear kicks out,yet in boosted it wasnt a problem(same grip/same set up)yet i could attack that corner in boosted,had to feather the throttle in blinky
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Skiddins
its barely noticeable ,i always set ride slightly higher in the rear
Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
any chance i can see your set up sheet from aldershot? just to compare,my settings work for my driving style,but still improvements to be made,at the last meet in blinky coming around onto the straighti still cant get on the power when i want to as the rear kicks out,yet in boosted it wasnt a problem(same grip/same set up)yet i could attack that corner in boosted,had to feather the throttle in blinky
None of my '14 setups are online anywhere.

I think running 2.7's when the grip is as low as it is in blinky might be the problem. You said it works in boosted but not in blinky.
To me that suggests that the greater weight transfer in boosted helps plant the rear more.
Try softer rear springs.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

I tried anti dive on our carpet track with Ride 30 tires and it sucked. All my steering was gone. Even with 2mm bump steer. The car just stopped mid corner from the scrubbing of the front wheels.

I think this only works on really really high grip tracks with a gear diff to prevent traction rolling.

I usually don't race on high grip, but Thursdaynoon I'm leaving for the ETS in Germany. I hope I'll be able to find a good setup.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

None of my '14 setups are online anywhere.

I think running 2.7's when the grip is as low as it is in blinky might be the problem. You said it works in boosted but not in blinky.
To me that suggests that the greater weight transfer in boosted helps plant the rear more.
Try softer rear springs.
i tried it with the 2.5/2.8 on just the rear,and it didnt help,lost some on power steering,tried them all round and lap times were 2 10ths off from the 2.7's

i was at the high wycombe track (wrcc)on sat night and had a great time,8.8 sec laps (17.5 blinky)supposed to be 13.5 blinky really grippy and about a 3rd of the size of wlrc,if your free sat pop down,really improved my concentration and responses,and great for testing things with only one other car to run with ,but as word gets out hopefully a few more will join in
they are trying to get the 12th cars back so ive dug out my rc12L3 that i raced there with 10 yr ago,just for laughs,its been home to mark stiles,rumour has it he's making a return

Last edited by chasingthepack; 01-28-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default New Parts for T4 2014

RSD122 RSD Touring Car Roll Center Shims for XRAY T4 2014 and AE TC6.2

These slotted roll center shims allow you to adjust the roll centers on your AE TC6.2 and XRAY T4 2014 very easily. The shims are 0.5mm thick and precision cut out of black G10. In order to install, simply loosen the suspension mount screws, slide underneath the mounts and re- tighten the screws.

Even though the parts are installed on an AE above, they are designed to work with both the T4 2014 and TC6.2
Old 01-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do those also work on the RSD RX4 conversion?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Do those also work on the RSD RX4 conversion?
Yes I see no reason why not.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CristianTabush

RSD122 RSD Touring Car Roll Center Shims for XRAY T4 2014 and AE TC6.2

These slotted roll center shims allow you to adjust the roll centers on your AE TC6.2 and XRAY T4 2014 very easily. The shims are 0.5mm thick and precision cut out of black G10. In order to install, simply loosen the suspension mount screws, slide underneath the mounts and re- tighten the screws.

Even though the parts are installed on an AE above, they are designed to work with both the T4 2014 and TC6.2
The only reason that I can see using these is to make the roll center change fast. Changing the inserts on the hinge pin blocks really isn't that bad. Currently I am using the 1* ^ inserts. Same effect as using 1* spacers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.