Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
Question

Has any body tried the wish bones plates yet? If so what did you think?
spence,i tried them in dry low/med grip seemed to help at the time with more corner speed in blinky,the following week it was a bit greasier and i had understeer so i took them off and it gave more side bite in the rear and more steering,i think there only for med to high grip,i would run them on carpet,it sharpens up the car,pretty much like having the graphite arms
i was going to get the graphites arms but as i have the plates i wont bother,its easier to take the plates off than change the arms and theres a company out there offering different thicknesses 1mm/1.5mm and 2mm
xray 1.6mm
higher the bite the thicker the plates,thats my theory on it

Last edited by chasingthepack; 01-17-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
spence,i tried them in dry low/med grip seemed to help at the time with more corner speed in blinky,the following week it was a bit greasier and i had understeer so i took them off and it gave more side bite in the rear and more steering,i think there only for med to high grip,i would run them on carpet,it sharpens up the car,pretty much like having the graphite arms
i was going to get the graphites arms but as i have the plates i wont bother,its easier to take the plates off than change the arms and theres a company out there offering different thicknesses 1mm/1.5mm and 2mm
xray 1.6mm
higher the bite the thicker the plates,thats my theory on it
Cool cheers, I'm going to give them a try at the next rug racers.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Who makes the different thickness plates?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Odin544
Roche
Old 01-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Cool cheers, I'm going to give them a try at the next rug racers.
should be worth a couple of tenths a lap if you have a good car to start with,are you using hagbergs set up?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Xray (1.6 and 2.0mm)
Roche (1.0, 1.5 and 2.0mm)
Smokem (1.5mm)

They are all different in shapes, not sure about the CF itself.

I am loving the Smokem ones on low grip outdoor asphalt tracks.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Xray (1.6 and 2.0mm)
Roche (1.0, 1.5 and 2.0mm)
Smokem (1.5mm)

They are all different in shapes, not sure about the CF itself.

I am loving the Smokem ones on low grip outdoor asphalt tracks.
Thought Xray only did one - the only part number I can find is for the 1.6mm.

I have used them with the kit arms and they seemed to smooth the car out, this was on med grip carpet.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

should be worth a couple of tenths a lap if you have a good car to start with,are you using hagbergs set up?
Haven't tried hagbergs set up yet, am running Zak's ews set up at the mo. I'm still running the t4 with 14 wishbones. Really like the idea of the plates, I think xray only do one thickness of plate? I know Roche do a few.

Has any one tried hagbergs set up with the ride tyre?
Old 01-18-2014, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Thought Xray only did one - the only part number I can find is for the 1.6mm.

I have used them with the kit arms and they seemed to smooth the car out, this was on med grip carpet.
Barry did you change any thing on your set up when you used the plates?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Today I tried my new Xray T4 2014, before this I used to run a T3. I am using stock settings for my T4 from the manual and kit springs. On the whole I found the car good, but the only problem I have is that the steering is to sensitive. Any ideas how I can solve this? I am using Shock oil 35 and diff 1000.

Thanks

Joe F
Old 01-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Barry did you change any thing on your set up when you used the plates?
No, just put the plates on to see if they made a difference, as I said it seemed to just settle the car a bit better and felt smoother so I left them on.

Have got some graphite arms to try so will put them on for the next EWS to see how they feel, as std arms + plates is supposed to be like the graphite arms and all the top guys seem to run graphite.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joe Tanto
Today I tried my new Xray T4 2014, before this I used to run a T3. I am using stock settings for my T4 from the manual and kit springs. On the whole I found the car good, but the only problem I have is that the steering is to sensitive. Any ideas how I can solve this? I am using Shock oil 35 and diff 1000.

Thanks

Joe F
most people run thicker rear diff oil 2000cst or 3000cst, have seen some set ups with 5000cst.
Personally I am running 3000cst rear diff, 450 cst oil front & rear and a 1.4 front roll bar
Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Haven't tried hagbergs set up yet, am running Zak's ews set up at the mo. I'm still running the t4 with 14 wishbones. Really like the idea of the plates, I think xray only do one thickness of plate? I know Roche do a few.

Has any one tried hagbergs set up with the ride tyre?
found this on red rc

New from Xray are these optional graphite lower arm plates which can easily change the hardness of the whole suspension. With the plates mounted, the arms are stiffer to make the car more stable and easier to drive under high-grip conditions. The plates can be easily mounted/dismounted using only 4 screws. Whether you drive in low or high-traction conditions, with the smart graphite stiffeners you can very quickly adjust your car to suit different conditions. At the beginning of a race event when traction is low, the arms are used without the SFATM graphite stiffeners. When traction increases, the suspension can easily be made stiffer by mounting the SFATM graphite stiffeners for more stability and easier driving characteristics. The graphite stiffeners give the car maximum stability in chicanes and allow for easier and smoother steering.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

found this on red rc

New from Xray are these optional graphite lower arm plates which can easily change the hardness of the whole suspension. With the plates mounted, the arms are stiffer to make the car more stable and easier to drive under high-grip conditions. The plates can be easily mounted/dismounted using only 4 screws. Whether you drive in low or high-traction conditions, with the smart graphite stiffeners you can very quickly adjust your car to suit different conditions. At the beginning of a race event when traction is low, the arms are used without the SFATM graphite stiffeners. When traction increases, the suspension can easily be made stiffer by mounting the SFATM graphite stiffeners for more stability and easier driving characteristics. The graphite stiffeners give the car maximum stability in chicanes and allow for easier and smoother steering.
they are the 1.6mm ones
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default changes

Originally Posted by Joe Tanto

Thanks

Joe F
if this for running on carpet. Try Zero shims on the steering plate and a 1.3mm rear roll bar. On carpet most people use between 2000 CST and 3000 CST oil in the rear diff depending on grip level. 400cst front shock oil and 400/450 rear shock oil with zero rebound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.