Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
[ATTACH]u[/ATTACH]
So the f/f has not been filled in
This could be 0.5 or 1?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

More than likely since they haven't been filled in it could be the center dot (•)
Old 12-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
More than likely since they haven't been filled in it could be the center dot (•)
It marked as having the outer centre filled in but the .5 or 1 not filled in
This is all new to me sorry 😃👍
Old 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

3 chassis's snapped at the bumper at our club. Bumper brace needed to make this car safe for the masses
Old 12-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by millbank
3 chassis's snapped at the bumper at our club. Bumper brace needed to make this car safe for the masses
Thats been a well known fact since the release of the T413. Annoying that Xray refuse to include it with the 14 as standard though.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by millbank
A quick and cheap solution is to flip over the upper bumper plastic piece and put 4-5mm of shims under it where it bolts to the lower piece (so that the plastic touches the bulkhead). You may need to use longer screws. It isn't the prettiest option but I've ran mine like that for awhile.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The mount that Xray sell is $5, hardly gonna break the bank on $500 touring car
Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

So the f/f has not been filled in
This could be 0.5 or 1?
It marked as having the outer centre filled in but the .5 or 1 not filled in
This is all new to me sorry ����
You're correct, that part of that sheet is a mistake.
To be anything other than the centre dot of those diagrams, it MUST be either 0.5 or 1 blocks.

As you only usually have 0.5 difference in the blocks to make arm sweep, I think the FF blocks should be 0.5's

I take it that's Hagberg's Sorex sheet? If so, everyone I know has taken it as 0.5 blocks.

Skiddins
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I tried hagbergs ETS setup and his setup from the charity race in Italy with ride Rex 30 tires (new control tire for us).

The ETS setup was super aggressive with tons of steering, but it wasn't stable in a few parts of the track. Mainly in the chicane it was bad. Softer front oil and a harder rear roll bar would have probably solved that, but I didn't tried that since I also wanted to test the other setup.

The other one is basically the same as his sorex setup and was super stable. In some parts of the track it pushed a little during mid corner. This setup was the easiest to drive but I'm not sure if it was faster.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You're correct, that part of that sheet is a mistake.
To be anything other than the centre dot of those diagrams, it MUST be either 0.5 or 1 blocks.

As you only usually have 0.5 difference in the blocks to make arm sweep, I think the FF blocks should be 0.5's

I take it that's Hagberg's Sorex sheet? If so, everyone I know has taken it as 0.5 blocks.

Skiddins
Cheers Damian
Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

picking up your car from the front bumper is what stresses the front of the chassis. All the weight of the car is on those 3 screws. Mine cracked in my hand i felt it, i did not hit anything hard my first 3 runs.

I have a real bad habit of picking up the car from the front bumper, it has stopped

Still running the same chassis and i have had some serious Tbone incidents, the chassis still lives. I used shims to raise the plastic like the above post, works like a charm. I'm not impressed with the quality of screws used on this kit, it's to bad the quality is slipping. The car though on track AMAZING :P
Old 12-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Will61
picking up your car from the front bumper is what stresses the front of the chassis. All the weight of the car is on those 3 screws. Mine cracked in my hand i felt it, i did not hit anything hard my first 3 runs.

I have a real bad habit of picking up the car from the front bumper, it has stopped

Still running the same chassis and i have had some serious Tbone incidents, the chassis still lives. I used shims to raise the plastic like the above post, works like a charm. I'm not impressed with the quality of screws used on this kit, it's to bad the quality is slipping. The car though on track AMAZING :P
I have always felt their screws were pretty bad. I have started using the 12.9 from www.hexcrews.com on the bottom of my last 3 kits and have had no stripped screws since. Prior to using these I have always had stripped screws and needed to drill them out.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Will, what setup are you using on your car? Wayne's? You car looked pretty dialed at the race weekend before last....
Old 12-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I have always felt their screws were pretty bad. I have started using the 12.9 from www.hexcrews.com on the bottom of my last 3 kits and have had no stripped screws since. Prior to using these I have always had stripped screws and needed to drill them out.
Use Torx screws, problems solved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.