Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morgoth
This is my current setup on CPX tires. The track is pretty tight and technical and I need a little more steering. The steering is close to what I want in the beginning of the run, but at the end the front tires overheat and I have to slow too much to make the car turn.

What could I do to get more steering? I'm thing of going to 2.5° rear toe instead of 3°, but that change looks a bit drastical to me. Isn't it? I think the car will be hard to drive after that change. Tomorrow is Q4 and Q5 so I can't practice a lot :-(
Whatever your setup is, are you sure you're overheating the fronts?
Have you measured their temps after a run?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Yes
Sweet, saves me from buying the cso v2 upgrade.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Hits the chassis, or top plate?
What gearing?
Chassis
No gear on motor
Old 11-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiefj48
Chassis
No gear on motor
That was a common problem with the kill shots.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B00t13g
That was a common problem with the kill shots.
So how do I solve it????
Old 11-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So how do I solve it????
Replace the front mounting plate or call trinity. They sent me a few right when the motor came out to correct that issue.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Replace the front mounting plate or call trinity. They sent me a few right when the motor came out to correct that issue.
Thank u!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
you forgot to post a link
*facepalm* Here it is: http://cl.ly/SdgW
Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morgoth
This is my current setup on CPX tires. The track is pretty tight and technical and I need a little more steering. The steering is close to what I want in the beginning of the run, but at the end the front tires overheat and I have to slow too much to make the car turn.

What could I do to get more steering? I'm thing of going to 2.5° rear toe instead of 3°, but that change looks a bit drastical to me. Isn't it? I think the car will be hard to drive after that change. Tomorrow is Q4 and Q5 so I can't practice a lot :-(

Link: http://cl.ly/SdgW
Change rear diff oil to 2000. Go to 3000 only if it's high bite traction. Reduce rear droop. If using droop gauge, remember that higher number on the gauge is less droop. I also think you may add a little more droop on the front.

Last edited by porsche928gs; 11-23-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya springs

Has anyone tried using the short Tamiya springs, I was wondering how they compare to the Xray ones?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Change rear diff oil to 2000. Go to 3000 only if it's high bite traction. Reduce rear droop. If using droop gauge, remember that higher number on the gauge is less droop. I also think you may add a little more droop on the front.
Thanks for your tips, but I just read them when I came home.
I tried 2.5° rear toe in Q4. That gave more steering but was hard to drive, mainly onpower during the first minute.

In Q5 I raised the rear inside hingepins with the 1 inserts and the car was dialed. More steering, but more preditable and stable onpower than with the 2.5° rear toe. And the front tires didn't overheat anymore. The car was very constant during the finals.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Has anyone tried using the short Tamiya springs, I was wondering how they compare to the Xray ones?
The problem is they don't fit well.... If you "force" them onto the shock collar and use the older (smaller) XRAY spring perch they fit. They work fine, BUT.... It's so much easier to just use XRAY ones

If you insist on trying them, white front/blue rear is a good starting point
Old 11-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hey All
Anyone have a problem mounting motor in chassis??
I'm using a kill shot motor and it hits the chassis.
My killsnot is tight against the lower deck too.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bump from deep in page 2.

I'm hoping I can get my car working well this weekend (Mod TC on carpet). It's been pretty frustrating with my two outings so far. :/ The first outing wasn't actually toooo bad, but I had a lot of binding in the rear (rushed build) and the wrong shock pistons. And I was on the back foot all night from a late arrival to the race and a stressful day.

My biggest problem last time out was a severe lack of on-power steering, so I just couldn't finish the corner and get on the power. Less front droop made the car too unpredictable in the tight sections getting on/off power, though. So overall it led to me over-driving trying to force the car to do the lap times, which never ends well. I might try going up from 2K in the rear diff, but a bit of anti-squat has crossed my mind, too.

I think I'm going to start with the setup one of the locals gave me that's got more Paul-ish and Hagberg-ian elements to it, and see if I can get to a happier place. It's pretty strange how different Paul's and Hagberg's IIC setups were in pretty significant areas, yet they were still so similar on pace.

-Mike
Old 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Bump from deep in page 2.

I'm hoping I can get my car working well this weekend (Mod TC on carpet). It's been pretty frustrating with my two outings so far. :/ The first outing wasn't actually toooo bad, but I had a lot of binding in the rear (rushed build) and the wrong shock pistons. And I was on the back foot all night from a late arrival to the race and a stressful day.

My biggest problem last time out was a severe lack of on-power steering, so I just couldn't finish the corner and get on the power. Less front droop made the car too unpredictable in the tight sections getting on/off power, though. So overall it led to me over-driving trying to force the car to do the lap times, which never ends well. I might try going up from 2K in the rear diff, but a bit of anti-squat has crossed my mind, too.

I think I'm going to start with the setup one of the locals gave me that's got more Paul-ish and Hagberg-ian elements to it, and see if I can get to a happier place. It's pretty strange how different Paul's and Hagberg's IIC setups were in pretty significant areas, yet they were still so similar on pace.

-Mike
Sounds like you need to try an evening with each of the two types of srtup to see who's suits you better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.