Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can use the tamiya washer if you are not getting the diff action you want.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=3455940
Old 11-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Same thing my wife said . This is what it hopefully will look like when done, at least I hope
Well, I am sure F1 RC Lab will finish that up for you...post the finish picture and PLEASE TRIM THOSE BODY POSTS.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
ph3rxy and juares,

did you guys have any issue with the rear diff pressure plates? mines doesnt mount over the thick part of the axle shaft, as i thought it would, instead they sit on the threads so the washers seem to be a little crooked. did you have this issue also, and have you drove the car yet to see how the diff feels? thanks
One thing I did is...take out the spur gear and make sure the core is big enough to slide into the diff/axle housing...this batch of spur gear, somehow, is a little bit TIGHT to the axle (compare to the SP1)...a body reamer will do the work, and all you need to do is enlarge it very very little...don't over do it. Slide the diff in and make sure it is easy to push it without too much pressure. And the diff should all work fine...

And make sure you have the pressure spacer in the right direction....2 ways to do it, (1) Like the manual, it is like < > I (2) I do it this way...< I >.

Give it a try....
Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you for the reply gentlemen. I wonder how long the wheelbase is on the Speedpassion SP1 F1 car-280mm too?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Thank you for the reply gentlemen. I wonder how long the wheelbase is on the Speedpassion SP1 F1 car-280mm too?
It is the same....if you use the SP1, you just need to mount the foam tires (LM1 foams) and it will fit. However, what it doesn't work are the body mounts...Front and the back. Those need to be handmade with some carbon fiber mount or something...

I think...it could be possible to mount the LM1 bumper on the SP1, but it might not be too rigid for impact.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
One thing I did is...take out the spur gear and make sure the core is big enough to slide into the diff/axle housing...this batch of spur gear, somehow, is a little bit TIGHT to the axle (compare to the SP1)...a body reamer will do the work, and all you need to do is enlarge it very very little...don't over do it. Slide the diff in and make sure it is easy to push it without too much pressure. And the diff should all work fine...

And make sure you have the pressure spacer in the right direction....2 ways to do it, (1) Like the manual, it is like < > I (2) I do it this way...< I >.

Give it a try....
thanks for the reply. i did notice that and i did grind mines out just a little so it is smooth, however i was referring to the pressure plate not riding on the smooth part of the axle. if you look at my attached picture you'll see the plates and washer is on the smooth part of the axle but when the everything is assembled the pressure plate rides on the threads so the plates and washers are not perfectly on top of each other. its almost like the axle is too short for everything eventhough everything screws on. one fix would be is to install a shorter bearing so the smooth part of the axle is more exposed when everything is assembled. any advice, did yours do the same?
Attached Thumbnails Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-photo-41.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

i got the car built and it went together pretty smoothly. one thing is the pressure plates as i mentioned above and the other is the front pivot balls aren't that smooth. i guess its because its plastic to plastic. the front arms are a little tight as well but hopefully after i run it both of them free up. if not i can take a reamer to the front arms and hopefully sp comes out with treated pivot balls similar to tamiya.

after i installed the electronics i realized that the motor is sensor less, thats why the cost is so low on it, but to my surprise it seems really fast. i couldn't really get on it because one i was on front of the house and i didn't want the curb to hit the car and two the motor seem to be cogging. i rechecked the electronics and everything looks good but im not sure why it make that cogging noise. it could possibly because of the tightness of the spur gear on the axle, which i just fixed, or the diff springs not being seated on the axle, idk. does anybody have any advice?
Attached Thumbnails Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-photo-42.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
It is the same....if you use the SP1, you just need to mount the foam tires (LM1 foams) and it will fit. However, what it doesn't work are the body mounts...Front and the back. Those need to be handmade with some carbon fiber mount or something...

I think...it could be possible to mount the LM1 bumper on the SP1, but it might not be too rigid for impact.
I thought most 1/10 F1 cars were 270mm wheelbase. Hmmm...
Old 11-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i got the car built and it went together pretty smoothly. one thing is the pressure plates as i mentioned above and the other is the front pivot balls aren't that smooth. i guess its because its plastic to plastic. the front arms are a little tight as well but hopefully after i run it both of them free up. if not i can take a reamer to the front arms and hopefully sp comes out with treated pivot balls similar to tamiya.
Before I installed the pivot balls, I gently sanded the mold line of the pivot ball with 400grit sandpaper until it was to my liking and rotated in the arm freely.

The may be a slight bit of "flash" from the core for the king pin at the steering knuckle side. I removed this by gently rotating an X-Acto blade inside the ball which freed the king pin.

I did not have the issue you mentioned with the pressure springs for the diff. Eric G had his car done at the track today, besides traction rolling the sweeper and some diff adjustments, car felt good.

We geared the 17.5 conservatively at 26 pinion and the SP 72 spur to start.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

17.5 2s and about a 2.77 ratio?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
17.5 2s and about a 2.77 ratio?
I'm going with 2.66
Old 11-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
I'm going with 2.66
I ended up at a 23/72. for roughly an 80' straight.

I have noticed, need to check screws often as the chassis and parts are flexing and stretching on initial runs.

We posted a short video here from the first run.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-T...25266694216753
Old 11-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How did lap time compare with F1?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
You can use the tamiya washer if you are not getting the diff action you want.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=3455940
so whats the difference?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

so whats the difference?
This one I believe has a 4mm ID versus the kit supplied 6mm. I changed to the 4mm ID today, much better and more consistent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.