Old 03-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Selling my spare car if anyone is looking for a good deal on a new kit

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13122813
Old 03-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi !

What is the best spur/pinion combination to get 4.0 FDR for stock class (13.5T blinky) on asphalt ?

99 spur / 47 pinion 64 pitch
80 spur / 38 pinion 48 pitch

or what else ?

I don't really care if it's 64 pitch or 48 pitch, i need them to fit in the car perfectly.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Duran
Hi !

What is the best spur/pinion combination to get 4.0 FDR for stock class (13.5T blinky) on asphalt ?

99 spur / 47 pinion 64 pitch
80 spur / 38 pinion 48 pitch

or what else ?

I don't really care if it's 64 pitch or 48 pitch, i need them to fit in the car perfectly.
I tun 100T 64P spur with 42T Pinion in 13.5 blinky, but we all run around 4.4-4.5 not 4.0
Old 03-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks a lot JayL.
We run 4.0 on asphalt and 4.5 on carpet but i'll keep that in mind.
Here for all of you, i'm sharing a gear chart for VBC that my friend made on excel.
Godspeed
Attached Files
File Type: zip
VBCFDRFULL.xls.zip (23.0 KB, 96 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SuperH
Hi, i have uploaded my setup sheet for modified. If you like i can upload my other car setup sheet aswell( 13.5 boosted)?

Hope this helps

Feel free show us the 13.5 setup sheet?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The new F1 should be hitting stores in the US next week. We'll both have them. D07, I have no idea of any plans for a new TC just yet.
then your wishes for me running a D06 are coming true. Nabbed a used one. Just waiting for the F1 now.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
then your wishes for me running a D06 are coming true. Nabbed a used one. Just waiting for the F1 now.
Booooo
Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I wasn't too sure about the car, it didnt feel like my xray when wrenching on it, but the setup window is so big, I don't mind anymore. Had a great first race with this car. Can't wait to see how it performs outdoor.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help

I come from just north of Sydney Australia and race Friday nights at Castlehill in Sydney the surface is painted concrete low grip and some bumps attached is a youtube shot of the track. I run what we call sportsman which is 21.5 blinky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYU94C1_xHc

Can anyone give me some hints on setup for this surface.

I will say I have built several makes Tamiya - HPI/Hot Bodies and Photon EX and I would say the D06 would have to be the best in build as to very little shimming when I have been use to a lot off shimming.

Noel
Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Was there anybody running the VBC at the worlds warmup race this weekend???
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
I wasn't too sure about the car, it didnt feel like my xray when wrenching on it, but the setup window is so big, I don't mind anymore. Had a great first race with this car. Can't wait to see how it performs outdoor.
Great job this weekend!

R3VoLuTiOn participated in the annual Emerald City Classic in Seattle, WA this last weekend. It's a race that attracts racers from all over and he put his brand new D06 in the TQ spot and drove wire to wire to capture the win in the highly contests Scale Spec/VTA class.

Our very own Devin Patterson captured 2nd place in 17.5 Touring Car with a Wildfire D06 sfter narrowly missing out on the win. Samwise also had a good showing in 17.5 Touring with a Wildfire D06.

I participated in Modified Touring Car and finished a strong 3rd, despite having problems coping with the recent batch of Sweep QTS Spec tires.

And on a better note, I captured the TQ Spot and the win for modified 1/12 with a Lightning 12.

Overall a great weekend for VBC Racing in the Seattle are. Great job everyone!

-Korey
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Was there anybody running the VBC at the worlds warmup race this weekend???
I haven't checked to see, but if Surikarn or Ryan Maker were there... those are the only two I would know off the top of my head that might go.

-Korey
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Richards Racing
I come from just north of Sydney Australia and race Friday nights at Castlehill in Sydney the surface is painted concrete low grip and some bumps attached is a youtube shot of the track. I run what we call sportsman which is 21.5 blinky.

I will say I have built several makes Tamiya - HPI/Hot Bodies and Photon EX and I would say the D06 would have to be the best in build as to very little shimming when I have been use to a lot off shimming.

Noel
I haven't run on that kind of surface before, so I'm nto sure how much help I would be. I would check out http://www.petitrc.com and seek out the setup sheet database. A lot or our drivers post asphalt setups in there that would probably be pretty close. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I should be running outside on asphalt in the coming weeks (hopefully... the weather isn't to cooperative here).

-Korey
Old 04-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I haven't run on that kind of surface before, so I'm nto sure how much help I would be. I would check out http://www.petitrc.com and seek out the setup sheet database. A lot or our drivers post asphalt setups in there that would probably be pretty close. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I should be running outside on asphalt in the coming weeks (hopefully... the weather isn't to cooperative here).

-Korey
Thanks Korey for the advice will do some searching and see what I can come up with.

Noel
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing

Noel
It will be better if you can clarify what you need at first.
Otherwise is hard to answer.
From what I am guessing(painted concrete low grip and some bumps), you r looking for more grip/side bite?
Just start with factory base setup, try remove the suspension shims. it will do a great help for low traction. Also, replace inner spacer of turnbuckle with thinner one(from default 2mm to 1mm or 0), replace springs with softer one (Green) can help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.