Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Thanks Yeah, the car's handling kept changing as the sugar started to build up on the tires. Guys that normally don't spin out were doing donuts too. Even the pan cars were coming almost to a complete stop at the turns from the stickiness. But I'll definitely be trying out the changes you mentioned.
Awesome! That track looks like a lot of fun. Love the elevation change too... It's like a small velodrome on the back side.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
What's up All,
I should have my kit in a week or so and I'm doing my reading but are there any build gotchas or anything I should be aware of before I start? Any upgrades folks are doing from the original build? From everything I've read the only thing anyone might do from the original build is an option bumper. Any input is appreciated and I look forward to learning on this forum!!

Kevin
So far this year I built the D06, the Xray t4 2014, and the Ofna H4e. The H4e was the most ridiculous build I have ever done. Next to nothing fit properly. Everything binds. I really liked the concept of the car, but I perceive it as being literally un-runnable with all the flaws. It is so bad, I don't even feel as if I could sell it in good conscious. The Xray t4 2014 on the other hand went together like a dream. Nothing needed freed up. This was my first xray car and I can see now why they have such high praise in the rc community. The wildfire d06 was also an incredible build. Just awesome. And so help me, the quality of parts on that beast is on par with if not better than the xray. I would advise anybody to pick one of these cars up. Now, for me; carpet season starts on November 1st. That will be the test as I will be running both cars (I would say all three but the h4e turd is, as previously stated, unfit to run. I'll post back how I get on with both these cars.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by b_recliner
So far this year I built the D06, the Xray t4 2014, and the Ofna H4e. The H4e was the most ridiculous build I have ever done. Next to nothing fit properly. Everything binds. I really liked the concept of the car, but I perceive it as being literally un-runnable with all the flaws. It is so bad, I don't even feel as if I could sell it in good conscious. The Xray t4 2014 on the other hand went together like a dream. Nothing needed freed up. This was my first xray car and I can see now why they have such high praise in the rc community. The wildfire d06 was also an incredible build. Just awesome. And so help me, the quality of parts on that beast is on par with if not better than the xray. I would advise anybody to pick one of these cars up. Now, for me; carpet season starts on November 1st. That will be the test as I will be running both cars (I would say all three but the h4e turd is, as previously stated, unfit to run. I'll post back how I get on with both these cars.

Thanks for the great report. Let me know if you need any setup help.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

I ran my D06's over the weekend for the first time and was immediately impressed. The chassis carries a lot of corner speed and generates loads of steering. One can put the car on the track and be confident how it will perform. It is also very responsive to setup changes.

The build was also a pleasure with everything going together very nicely. Agree with the above comments that its on par with other "luxury" kits. I personally think this is the chassis to run at the moment, combining the best elements from a few chassis. Very happy that I chose the D06, absolutely no regrets. Looking forward to running them again soon.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hate that people over look this kit, because the name is not that well known. But this is a great car with great quality! The fit and finish is second to none. I'm a machinist. And I'm in impressed with the machine work on all of the aluminum parts. And it's the good aluminum too (7075). It's not the 6061 (recycled beer cans) like most use.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bama racer
I hate that people over look this kit, because the name is not that well known. But this is a great car with great quality! The fit and finish is second to none. I'm a machinist. And I'm in impressed with the machine work on all of the aluminum parts. And it's the good aluminum too (7075). It's not the 6061 (recycled beer cans) like most use.
With all of you guys racing these cars, the word will certainly spread like...

I am really enjoying the D06 as well as all of the steering it possesses. I love the fact that I am never trying to find steering in this car.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I ordered my D06 yesterday from vbcracingshop - I'm so excited, absolutely can't wait to get it. Did I mention I was excited? I haven't heard of anyone else running them here in New Zealand at this stage - I'm looking forward to smoking them all with the new ride.

Only thing is, it's currently on backorder - any idea when it'll be back in stock and shipped out?
Old 10-31-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Initiate

We got them in stock.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

ok, so I have a SPEC R R1 that is NIB....I was going to build it, but now, i'm debating on selling it and getting a VBC D06 instead... :/ decisions decisions...
Old 10-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beamcat
We got them in stock.
how much $$$?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cain.c
I ordered my D06 yesterday from vbcracingshop - I'm so excited, absolutely can't wait to get it. Did I mention I was excited? I haven't heard of anyone else running them here in New Zealand at this stage - I'm looking forward to smoking them all with the new ride.

Only thing is, it's currently on backorder - any idea when it'll be back in stock and shipped out?
www.timezonehobbies.com has 4 in stock
Old 11-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Guess I should post in my new home. What's up guys?

The D06 is all ready for racing this weekend. Going to do some testing with the 2.2mm chassis on asphalt.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

The D06 is all ready for racing this weekend. Going to do some testing with the 2.2mm chassis on asphalt.
That's awesome!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

Is your car all blacked out like all your other cars??
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Is your car all blacked out like all your other cars??
Not yet. But it will be at some point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.