Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Thanks for the info.
APS found a glitch in their invoicing system and issued me a credit.
Hmmm....
Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

here is a quick set up from Saturday Night..... still working on

TZ setup
Front:
45wt
White or orange springs
+ .5 toe out
-1.25 camber
+2mm droop
White front sway bar
.05mm roll center shim

Rear:
40wt
Red Spring
-3d rear toe
-2.5 rear camber
+1.5mm droop
No rear bar, or green rear still testing….
0.5mm roll center shim
Old 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916

TZ setup
Front:
45wt
White or orange springs
+ .5 toe out
-1.25 camber
+2mm droop
White front sway bar
.05mm roll center shim

Rear:
40wt
Red Spring
-3d rear toe
-2.5 rear camber
+1.5mm droop
0.5mm roll center shim
Are you running the 3 or 4 hole pistons with this shock setup?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916

TZ setup
Front:
45wt
White or orange springs
+ .5 toe out
-1.25 camber
+2mm droop
White front sway bar
.05mm roll center shim

Rear:
40wt
Red Spring
-3d rear toe
-2.5 rear camber
+1.5mm droop
0.5mm roll center shim
What brand shock oil you running?? Also what about the link shimming, is all that stock?? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

with that setup that was using 3 hole pistons using Associated oil, and no shims under the camber links... both front and rear camber links were 3rd hole from inside, with shocks in the 4th hole up from bottom of shock tower. I am currently working back up from my Vegas setup which was the 4 hole piston and 350CST fluid. that setup seemed to work better on the open Vegas layout rather than through our tight switch backs on our current layout.

I will say all three of the team drivers at our track are experimenting with different setups so everything changes each track day....
Old 10-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did my first race with the D06, and was able to win. The track had really weird conditions where the sugar water turned to molasses due to the high humidity and rain we encountered mid day. The tires looked like glazed donuts after one run

The beginning of the race, the car oversteered, then felt just right, and understeered by the end. It was a bit hard to drive, but the car handled very well. I have a vid of that race, I'll put it up later.

The base setup I used was VBC racing shop's asphalt setup. I used a 2.5rear toe with 30wt(350cst) AE oil, 3hole. Due to the big bore (about 1mm bigger), you need to use a softer oil than conventional 3 hole setups.

VBC racing shop has a new setup using other options, so I'll wait till he chimes in.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default NEW OWNER

What's up All,
I should have my kit in a week or so and I'm doing my reading but are there any build gotchas or anything I should be aware of before I start? Any upgrades folks are doing from the original build? From everything I've read the only thing anyone might do from the original build is an option bumper. Any input is appreciated and I look forward to learning on this forum!!

Kevin
Old 10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
What's up All,
I should have my kit in a week or so and I'm doing my reading but are there any build gotchas or anything I should be aware of before I start? Any upgrades folks are doing from the original build? From everything I've read the only thing anyone might do from the original build is an option bumper. Any input is appreciated and I look forward to learning on this forum!!

Kevin
My only advice is to read the directions carefully. Pay attention to the dots on the arms. That got me lol. The build is great. I have built lots of X-rays and this was just as good.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
My only advice is to read the directions carefully. Pay attention to the dots on the arms. That got me lol. The build is great. I have built lots of X-rays and this was just as good.
Thanks Devon, any input on bodies, what are the TZ boys running for a neutral set-up Mazda?

See you up at TZ

Kevin
Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default D06 Carpet Setup

Here is a good baseline setup for medium bit carpet. Sorry it might be a liitle blurry.
Attached Thumbnails *NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Old 10-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leadfinger2011
Thanks Devon, any input on bodies, what are the TZ boys running for a neutral set-up Mazda?

See you up at TZ

Kevin
Speed 6
Old 10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Here is the vid from that race. The D06 is the car on pole. The weird conditions made it particularly hard to drive. Don't mind the nut behind the wheel
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Here is the vid from that race. The D06 is the car on pole. The weird conditions made it particularly hard to drive. Don't mind the nut behind the wheel
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Your car looks pretty good, but the track looks somewhat inconsistent. It looks really grippy in some areas and appears to have less grip in others. The car looks a tad sluggish in the last couple of turns nearest the camera, so you may want to switch to a smaller shim on the bulkhead to raise your roll center (1mm) or try moving the front camber link out a notch or two and possibly even the rear by a notch. Your car can definitely go faster through that section.

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop
Your car looks pretty good, but the track looks somewhat inconsistent. It looks really grippy in some areas and appears to have less grip in others. The car looks a tad sluggish in the last couple of turns nearest the camera, so you may want to switch to a smaller shim on the bulkhead to raise your roll center (1mm) or try moving the front camber link out a notch or two and possibly even the rear by a notch. Your car can definitely go faster through that section.

Good luck!
Thanks Yeah, the car's handling kept changing as the sugar started to build up on the tires. Guys that normally don't spin out were doing donuts too. Even the pan cars were coming almost to a complete stop at the turns from the stickiness. But I'll definitely be trying out the changes you mentioned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.