Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ETS Round 6 - Hudy Racing Arena

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

3S modified sounds awesome. You nubs should try that next.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
3S modified sounds awesome. You nubs should try that next.
We get it, you don't like mod and think it must die... Guess what though, from this thread, there are plenty of peps out there who don't follow that opinion!

Slowing it down might not be a bad idea (LiFe could be a step in the right direction, but would we had similar problems in the 6cell/5cell/LiPo switchover), but getting rid of the fastest and best class wont happen, so get over it. No one is forcing you to run mod...
Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

One of the European nitro only companys make a indoor conversions for their 1/10 nitro car.
This incorporates 3s Lipos and 8th scale electric. They sold a lot o those.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mod is the only reason I got into this hobby ....the freakin speed and sound of the car ripping down the straight ...it's too much fun .....and even as a spectator mod is a great class to watch ....
Old 07-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Leave mod alone.

Leave 17.5 alone.

Run VTA if you want to start out in a slower class. Most people like the realism of the class and that it's not nearly as intimidating to start with. A 17.5 car on the small indoor tracks is downright scary to newcomers. VTA around here was the biggest class over the winter during indoor season with people of varying abilities running it.
+1

If a class is too fast for you, its pretty simple, find a different class to race in. The rules shouldn't change just to make it easier for people to run in a faster class.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

To further elaborate to Jon's comments..
mod tc makes 17.5 feel like slow motion....
I don't have big dog HP (on purpose) so qualifying is easy but racing a tight main can be hard...
Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TryHard
We get it, you don't like mod and think it must die... Guess what though, from this thread, there are plenty of peps out there who don't follow that opinion!
All attempts at a reasonable discussion regarding trying to correct mod (by slowing it somewhat) turns people into mod-crazed lunatics incapable of seeing past their own dimly lit radar. So I've given up being reasonable. Now I just troll. Like this, watch:

Mod is for people that can't get it done in stock racing because corner speed is too hard.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

All attempts at a reasonable discussion regarding trying to correct mod (by slowing it somewhat) turns people into mod-crazed lunatics incapable of seeing past their own dimly lit radar. So I've given up being reasonable. Now I just troll. Like this, watch:

Mod is for people that can't get it done in stock racing because corner speed is too hard.
Seems the only person who cant "see past their own dimly lit radar" is you. People don't agree with you so they aren't being unreasonable?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The real issue is:Everyone thinks they can win

What we need is a seperate class for each racer so they can all win
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Odin544
Seems the only person who cant "see past their own dimly lit radar" is you. People don't agree with you so they aren't being unreasonable?
Thank you for your comment.

I hate the ongoing debate mod vs. stock, mostly started by the stock guys.
This is like corola driver tries to convince a 911 driver to drive a smaller or slower car. Because the 911 is to fast and what so ever.
I mean it is a pointless discussion, because we love the insane speed of mod.

back to atsushis interview: He stated that TC's are to fast, in the moment, for beginners. And not in general.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Adam no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to run it. Why continue to waste your energy on it, WE ALL know where you stand and that's okay but damn move on and stop being childish with demeaning statements!!! You're starting to sound like a bitter old man!!!

Originally Posted by JayL
The real issue is:Everyone thinks they can win

What we need is a seperate class for each racer so they can all win
+1
Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Apparently mod is the new mixer class. It's where you go to look down on stock racers when you can't get it done. At least you can say "yeah, well, I run mod."

It's a whole class dedicated to the guy in last place that brags about getting hot lap.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Adam no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to run it. Why continue to waste your energy on it, WE ALL know where you stand and that's okay but damn move on and stop being childish with demeaning statements!!! You're starting to sound like a bitter old man!!!
I know, I know... I'm just harassing the lappers now.

I really agree with something you said earlier, about making it a lifestyle. That's probably the truest thing that's been said in here. You pretty much have to dedicate yourself to it, and even then only the best among us will be able to truly handle it.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Apparently mod is the new mixer class. It's where you go to look down on stock racers when you can't get it done. At least you can say "yeah, well, I run mod."

It's a whole class dedicated to the guy in last place that brags about getting hot lap.
May you tell this to Ronald and the Mod guys at the IIC. They will laugh about your statement or may enter the stock class to prove a point.

BTW I know a lot of stock racers which can't win either, but this Stock vs. mod comperation is still pointless.

Hey it's already weekend and lets play with toycars. I thought we are comunity of racers and not haters.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know, I know... I'm just harassing the lappers now.

I really agree with something you said earlier, about making it a lifestyle. That's probably the truest thing that's been said in here. You pretty much have to dedicate yourself to it, and even then only the best among us will be able to truly handle it.
I was assuming you were a bit because you seemed to be over-reacting a bit much to where it seemed intentional but I wasn't fully convinced it was a complete act From reading your club thread I know you all are very comical but you had me worried a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.