Wiki Posts
Search

ETS Round 6 - Hudy Racing Arena

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default ETS Round 6 - Hudy Racing Arena

As a fan, I'm SUPER pumped for the race this weekend.

Marc has been melting faces with the Raceberry 417 outside. Even when Ronald is faster, Marc finds a way to win. And no doubt, Ronald will be very quick. I'm curious to see what Tamiya does with their next sedan based on the success of the 417/BD7 hybrid that they've been winning with lately. My guess is we'll see a 418 very soon.

I'm also excited to see Paulie over there at the XRay mothership, working with everybody to try and end the reign of the Japanese cars outside. We used to joke that Mr. Hudy would bring a CNC machine on a trailer to the worlds to quickly make new prototype parts as needed, but they might actually be able to do that at this race.

Is there a home field advantage for XRay? They will certainly know the track better than anybody else. And if there's weather, and the race moves to the indoor asphalt track, you have to think it will further benefit them.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
As a fan, I'm SUPER pumped for the race this weekend.

Marc has been melting faces with the Raceberry 417 outside. Even when Ronald is faster, Marc finds a way to win. And no doubt, Ronald will be very quick. I'm curious to see what Tamiya does with their next sedan based on the success of the 417/BD7 hybrid that they've been winning with lately. My guess is we'll see a 418 very soon.

I'm also excited to see Paulie over there at the XRay mothership, working with everybody to try and end the reign of the Japanese cars outside. We used to joke that Mr. Hudy would bring a CNC machine on a trailer to the worlds to quickly make new prototype parts as needed, but they might actually be able to do that at this race.

Is there a home field advantage for XRay? They will certainly know the track better than anybody else. And if there's weather, and the race moves to the indoor asphalt track, you have to think it will further benefit them.
Isn't the indoor carpet?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

They have both carpet and asphalt inside.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The names on the list is pretty amazing from my understanding. I know that Paul and Hardman are there. I wonder if after the race Marc will offer Ronald the Raceberry upgrades for the BD7...prolly not but still. Go Volker!

The site is amazing. Can you imagine having something that purpose built here in the states. I would fight the wife to move there.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
The names on the list is pretty amazing from my understanding. I know that Paul and Hardman are there. I wonder if after the race Marc will offer Ronald the Raceberry upgrades for the BD7...prolly not but still. Go Volker!

The site is amazing. Can you imagine having something that purpose built here in the states. I would fight the wife to move there.
There'd be no fight with my wife.... She'd be coming with me or getting left behind!

On second thought, maybe not since she is my primary sponsor
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Oh, did Hardman make the trip over for this race? Nice. I'm surprised he didn't head over for a carpet race.

Yeah, the facility is stunning from what I can tell. I think it would come down between it and Yatabe Arena for the best in the world from what I've seen. Maybe Surikarn's new track will join that list?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dream track. I'm ready to see hagberg and Paul lay it down.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Going to be tough to fight off the Tamiya's. That damn Raceberry chassis makes the car an asphalt monster. I have one ready for round 3/4 of EOS.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Oh, did Hardman make the trip over for this race? Nice. I'm surprised he didn't head over for a carpet race.
Judging by the amount of sticky water they've been laying down, it'll probably drive more like a carpet track.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I have a strong feeling hagberg will be a force to reckon with at this race!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Both Marc and Ronald have said that the Hudy Arena is the best facility they've ever been to. Love them or hate them, you have to admire the what the Hudy's have built.

It's gonna be an excellent race, looking at the track I thought it would suit the berries but Marc said Ronald is quickest on day one
Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, the facility is stunning from what I can tell. I think it would come down between it and Yatabe Arena for the best in the world from what I've seen. Maybe Surikarn's new track will join that list?
Yeah I dunno something about an indoor asphalt track really peak my interest. But yeah Yatabe Arena is tops as well.

Hardman came down and ran at Leisure Hours to test to prepare....I have a feeling his carpet car will come out very quickly though. I know that it would be nice to have the state or city help out. I heard that Slovakia helped out big time since they are a major business there.

Anyone know where to watch the ETS action?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Lord

Ronald was fastest at the last race, too.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Yeah I dunno something about an indoor asphalt track really peak my interest. But yeah Yatabe Arena is tops as well.

Hardman came down and ran at Leisure Hours to test to prepare....I have a feeling his carpet car will come out very quickly though. I know that it would be nice to have the state or city help out. I heard that Slovakia helped out big time since they are a major business there.

Anyone know where to watch the ETS action?
Dunno if there will be live video but here's where you can watch live scoring: http://www.myrcm.ch, click upcoming events.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Live action is hard to find ...but redrc is pretty good at getting the videos up quickly after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.