Wiki Posts
Search

ETS Round 6 - Hudy Racing Arena

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Live action is hard to find ...but redrc is pretty good at getting the videos up quickly after.
Yeah we need to talk to the boys at live rc and get them to go fully international and go to these bad boys too.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Hardman came down and ran at Leisure Hours to test to prepare....I have a feeling his carpet car will come out very quickly though.
Hardman came down to the Toledo asphalt track (huge 1/8 scale layout) a couple of weeks ago. Was stupid fast. I think I had something for him in the main (not really ...lol) but the rains came for the main. I talked to his dad and he said they were both very excited to go.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Andrew should do well this weekend! Cannot wait to see the action. Super stock is so close....
Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

I still can't believe that Tamiya have to run the gooseberry conversion.
Why haven't they released their own version of the Raceberry conversion, even if it's an almost exact copy.

Skiddins
Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I still can't believe that Tamiya have to run the gooseberry conversion.
Why haven't they released their own version of the Raceberry conversion, even if it's an almost exact copy.

Skiddins
I agree and also can't get over the fact that Marc is allowed to run it by Tamiya... after all anyone that follows RC Racing know that buying a 417 will not do you any good - you have to buy the Raceberry chassis afterwards as well to be competitive. Surely this is harming Tamiya. I know that team drivers are constantly trying things but the Raceberry/Tamiya is a completely different car from another (non-Tamiya) manufacturer??

But it sure is good to see close racing again now that Marc is back on form regardless of the car he is driving!

Really looking forward to the race this weekend.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From Andrew Hardman's Facebook:

"ETS round six at the Xray/Hudy factory in Trencin, Slovakia. Everything about this facility is perfect! Practice day 1 went well yesterday, lap times were .05 behind the quickest (Ronald Volker) but the car still needs some work. Day 2 is set to start in 5 minutes, if we can get the car to its normal perfection, it will be a good battle "

Knock 'em dead, Andrew!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
I agree and also can't get over the fact that Marc is allowed to run it by Tamiya... after all anyone that follows RC Racing know that buying a 417 will not do you any good - you have to buy the Raceberry chassis afterwards as well to be competitive. Surely this is harming Tamiya. I know that team drivers are constantly trying things but the Raceberry/Tamiya is a completely different car from another (non-Tamiya) manufacturer??

But it sure is good to see close racing again now that Marc is back on form regardless of the car he is driving!

Really looking forward to the race this weekend.
That statement is simply false. You don't need the Raceberry chassis to be competitive on asphalt. If you were a true RC racer you would know that being competitive and being as fast as the top sedan drivers in the world are as different as day and night. You should double check your posts before submitting in the future.

The 417 w/Raceberry chassis does not make it a non-Tamiya car. The only things changed are the chassis, top deck, belts, and motor mount. They are not a car manufacturer, because doesn't make complete car kits. They make parts for kits they believe make that car better. You're not forced to buy anything they produce. The car the pros are using is still a Tamiya. Yes, those parts changed are a larger pieces of the car, but that doesn't take away from the rest of the design and engineering put into the geometry of the steering, roll centers, bulkhead design, towers, and one of the most sought after shock sets on the market. Once again, your statement is simply false.

FYI, not all the Tamiya drivers are using the Raceberry chassis, which should tell you something.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Autocratic
That statement is simply false. You don't need the Raceberry chassis to be competitive on asphalt. If you were a true RC racer you would know that being competitive and being as fast as the top sedan drivers in the world are as different as day and night. You should double check your posts before submitting in the future.

The 417 w/Raceberry chassis does not make it a non-Tamiya car. The only things changed are the chassis, top deck, belts, and motor mount. They are not a car manufacturer, because doesn't make complete car kits. They make parts for kits they believe make that car better. You're not forced to buy anything they produce. The car the pros are using is still a Tamiya. Yes, those parts changed are a larger pieces of the car, but that doesn't take away from the rest of the design and engineering put into the geometry of the steering, roll centers, bulkhead design, towers, and one of the most sought after shock sets on the market. Once again, your statement is simply false.
I race with guys who run Tamiya's, and they had to run the Raceberry's to be that bit more competitive.
FYI, not all the Tamiya drivers are using the Raceberry chassis, which should tell you something.
At EVERY major event so far since it's release, their top team drivers have run the conversion, that should tell you something!

Tamiya's are always good on asphalt, but if the current car was deemed good enough, they wouldn't have to replace several major components (chassis and top decks are a HUGE part of a cars handling and dynamics) to run against Volker etc.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Well said Autocratic,what has X-ray ever won, sounds like sour grapes to me a Damian.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i agree with that statement from skiddins ...rheinard only became competitive this year once he added the raceberry chassis which means the 417 without that chassis isnt as competitive or else rheinard wouldnt need it ....the proof is in the pudding .....and tamiya probably doesnt care because that chassis made there car competitive again.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

If it works, than use it, it's all about development, as all you others will soon copy tamiya.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I can see how the Raceberry chassis would be needed by a world class driver to squeeze even more performance out of the car, but to state that the average guy has to have it to be competitive is ridiculous. Will it make the car a tiny bit better? Probably. Is it a necessity for the average club racer? Not even close, because chances are they won't have the driving skills to get that extra performance out of the car.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I race with guys who run Tamiya's, and they had to run the Raceberry's to be that bit more competitive.

At EVERY major event so far since it's release, their top team drivers have run the conversion, that should tell you something!

Tamiya's are always good on asphalt, but if the current car was deemed good enough, they wouldn't have to replace several major components (chassis and top decks are a HUGE part of a cars handling and dynamics) to run against Volker etc.
I recall reading on RedRC that one of the team drivers elected to not use the Raceberry chassis at a recent race, for whatever reason. I also talked in length to the RedRC photographers that came to Dallas in April about the ETS series as well, and the Tamiya/Raceberry topic was discussed. Regardless that the Raceberry may have been used at every race, it wasn't used by everyone at every race.

For whatever reason, Tamiya is still allowing their top drivers to use the Raceberry conversion. A lot of manufacturer's test different components at big races. For whatever reason, Tamiya hasn't made a prototype chassis that copies the Raceberry. Maybe they don't want to, or have something working but not produced. Nobody knows but Tamiya. I highly doubt Tamiya is the only company in the ETS series not using something that doesn't come in the kits you can buy on the shelf. Since they're winning with the car currently, they're in the spotlight.

My point was that the car is still a Tamiya, and that calling it another manufacturer's car was just silly.

Originally Posted by Csaari77
I can see how the Raceberry chassis would be needed by a world class driver to squeeze even more performance out of the car, but to state that the average guy has to have it to be competitive is ridiculous. Will it make the car a tiny bit better? Probably. Is it a necessity for the average club racer? Not even close, because chances are they won't have the driving skills to get that extra performance out of the car.
Again, what I was pointing at eariler. Yes the chassis makes the car better, but you don't need it to be competitive on asphalt. Becoming a better driver and improving those skills is going to be the one that that makes you faster more than anything you do to the car.

If you're not a good enough driver to utilize what the Raceberry gives the car, then you shouldn't be messing with aftermarket parts in the first place.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

For whatever reason, Tamiya is still allowing their top drivers to use the Raceberry conversion. A lot of manufacturer's test different components at big races. For whatever reason, Tamiya hasn't made a prototype chassis that copies the Raceberry. Maybe they don't want to, or have something working but not produced. Nobody knows but Tamiya. I highly doubt Tamiya is the only company in the ETS series not using something that doesn't come in the kits you can buy on the shelf. Since they're winning with the car currently, they're in the spotlight.

My point was that the car is still a Tamiya, and that calling it another manufacturer's car was just silly.
How can you be so sure? Team Tamiya is in europe testing and testing.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Any lap times or information anywhere? Hardman's Facebook is about all I've found.

Also, looks like XRay might be doing something like the Raceberry (Yokomo).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.